Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Pleasantly surprised to learn that this show has been renewed.

I haven't been keeping up but is Superman still the only hero in this world or have they introduced other DCU characters outside of the Superman verse?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    This is the last season isn’t it ?
    Depends....

There are ways to sniff out say 2 more seasons while you decide on what to do with your network.

Do what NBC use to do with TNBC shows-film x number of shows and split into two seasons.

Show ends the way the creators want and you film under a decent budget for say 20 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Pleasantly surprised to learn that this show has been renewed.

I haven't been keeping up but is Superman still the only hero in this world or have they introduced other DCU characters outside of the Superman verse?
    Other than Steel and Superboy, it's just Superman.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Other than Steel and Superboy, it's just Superman.
    Steels, plural.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    This is the last season isn’t it ?
    Definitely. Apparently Sam Lane won’t be returning which I’m fine with.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hopefully that means no more DoD. Sam's just about done all he can as a character at this point.

Lana's actress might cost too much too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully that means no more DoD. Sam's just about done all he can as a character at this point.

Lana's actress might cost too much too.
    Maybe they'll make references to him going on random dates from the old guy dating app they put him on, lol.

While I don't necessarily love the Lana character, the burgeoning relationship with JHI was pretty cool. Would be a bummer to miss out on that, but I suppose with limited screen time remaining, they gotta cut some subplots in order to settle up effectively enough.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 06-14-2023 at 04:31 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I wonder how much they can remove with it still being the same show? I haven't seen season 3 yet so maybe it already changed a lot (I've read a few things).

I will say that, after the first few episodes, I mostly skipped the CW drama to get to the Superman stuff but I thought Lana and her daughter were at least was pretty integral to the show's overall makeup. I was jumping long sections of the episodes. Lol.

I'd definitely be irritated to lose the Irons'. Also, really came to love Tal-Rho.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I wonder how much they can remove with it still being the same show? I haven't seen season 3 yet so maybe it already changed a lot (I've read a few things).

I will say that, after the first few episodes, I mostly skipped the CW drama to get to the Superman stuff but I thought Lana and her daughter were at least was pretty integral to the show's overall makeup. I was jumping long sections of the episodes. Lol.

I'd definitely be irritated to lose the Irons'. Also, really came to love Tal-Rho.
    I don't think much would be lost by cutting out the Cushing's completely. They have bent over backwards to include them in the plot of this show and I doubt most people would miss them. Even if they do stay in Smallville and they were just dropped to recurring characters it would be an improvement. But the fact that they are apparently cutting Sam Lane out completely makes it seem like they are likely to be retooling things and streamlining it.

Good news: The Cushings are gone. Bad news: The Irons are gone too.
    The CW’s Superman & Lois has set the returning cast for the recently picked up 10-episode fourth season, with four of the 12 Season 3 series regulars coming back amid budget cuts. Departing as series regulars are Dylan Walsh, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Erik Valdez, Inde Navarrette, Wolé Parks, Tayler Buck and Sofia Hasmik, Deadline has learned. Five of them had been on the show from the start, Walsh, Chriqui, Valdez, Parks and Navarrette.

The hope is for the septet to guest star/recur next season, reprising their roles, subject to interest on their part and availability
    I hope the Irons family does get to show up next season but I don’t care if the Cushings do. One thing is for sure: they’re moving out of Smallville and back to Metropolis for the final season.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Good news: The Cushings are gone. Bad news: The Irons are gone too.

I hope the Irons family does get to show up next season but I don’t care if the Cushings do. One thing is for sure: they’re moving out of Smallville and back to Metropolis for the final season.
    Wow, that's a lot of characters.

Sucks about the Irons but I can imagine the Steel's would probably eat up more of the budget.

I guess we're re-focusing entirely on the Kents and Lex for the final season. Makes me wonder how much action we'll actually get.

Astonishing Member

I'm not sad to see the Cushings go, but I hope we'll still see the Irons every now and then.

Emmanuelle Chriqui will not be reprising her role as Lana Lang in Season 4 of #SupermanAndLois according to Leslie Bourque, the wife of Dylan Walsh (General Lane).

Erick Valdez confirmed this afternoon that he will be moving to Texas. From what his presence on the show was thought to be, he might have ended, however, he confirmed that if he had time to make trips to the set to film the scenes of him as Kyle Cushing in season 4. Which he didn't. there will be many
    Inde Navarrette also confirmed his stay on the show for season 4 but that he will also have little participation in it.
    Last edited by juan678; 06-15-2023 at 06:10 AM.

Yeah and Wole posted on Instagram to jokingly ask for work, so it looks like he won’t be coming back next season for more than a brief cameo/guest appearance at most.

While I will most certainly not miss the Cushings, I will def miss the Irons'.