Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

He looks like a biker. Cryer's Lex at least didn't go crazy with it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    For some reason this just isn't winning me over.

Looks like a more hands on,kick you in the teeth lex
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

We return back to everyone re-establishing their daily lives and routines after the season 2 finale...complete with re-introducing AI!Lara to the new Fortress of Solitude and meeting her other grandson...the new Jon! Honestly not sure how I feel about the recasting. I feel like the new actor is trying to capture the same vibe and inflection of Elsass but it still feels different. But it also feels like they can get away with this recasting because Jon is still the least relevant member of the main cast. I mean his only arc in this episode was...learning how to drive.

Gotta admit, using your brothers' private villa for some Super-Sex sounds pretty appealing! Of course the only thing Lois loves more than Clark is where the big story is, and she's hot on the trail of Intergang.

Mechano-Man! Titano! Atomic Skull! If only this show had the budget for us to see the real versions and not Fortress holograms.

Jordan still doesn't understand the boundaries around his relationship with Sarah. Hopefully they commit to just being friends and we don't have another season of him secretly pining for her. He's got enough on his plate learning to do proper Superheroing and not screwing up unsupervised.

I love how Lois checks herself into the hospital as a patient but also as a reporter so she can interview someone. Nothing more Lois Lane!

We finally get to meet John Henry's sister, or at least the version of John Henry from this Earth. Will they ever meet? I'd imagine it'd be pretty weird though.

It's funny how Steel's origin in the comics involved him turning into a hero because his tech was sold to criminals and he wanted to make it right, only now it seems like this Earth's John Henry did it willingly and our John Henry will have to clean up that mess eventually. Funny how adaptions work.

Does anyone care for the Lang/Cushing divorce drama or Lana trying to fix the school? I wonder if the money she's allocating was some kind of hush money or used to placate some unsavory types who will come after Lana next.

Raising Jon and Jordan on-top of raising a baby...I mean, it would be a lot, especially when the two are both working and Clark still has being Superman on his plate. Though at this point after raisin twins I'd like to assume they'd know a thing or two about raising a kid.

I guess it was too much to hope that AU!Grandpa General Lane was sincere in getting to know his AU!Granddaughter...at least until the end of the episode where he did mean it.

Coach Gaines, DMV tester! Any excuse to give Coach Gaines more screentime is a win in my book! He even showed up for the birthday party! Coach Gaines always shows up where the party is!

It's weird to think Jon is still dating his former drug dealer.

They continue to show Lana and John Henry getting chummy off into the distance but never do anything with it. Are they going to be a thing?

Chrissy and Kyle...? I mean, I don't completely hate it. I feel like their personalities would mesh like oil and water but that might be interesting, although so far they seem pretty clear that this was a (satisfying) one-time-thing that's not going to lead to anything more while Chrissy walks of shames her way out...before Lana shows up with the divorce papers. Relationships are messy! Can't say I ever expected to see Chrissy in her underwear though.

Superpowered Atom Man! I love how Clark shrugs off getting thrown into a tanker but honestly Atom Man gave him a pretty good fight, though I guess it makes sense given he's a desperate, dying, man trying to save himself from whatever Intergang has in store for him. I actually feel bad for him now, especially since it seems like they're reanimating him somehow to serve their villainous plots.

Who was spiral lady? I thought it was Red Cloud for a second but I can't think of a specific comic character off the top of my head.

If Lois isn't pregnant are we really getting a Lois is sick arc instead of a Lois is pregnant arc?

Bruno Manheim runs a tight ship. I'm curious how Lex will become embroiled in this plot.

Was that freaking Onomatopoeia? Haha they didn’t use him for Arrow but they do for S&L? Always amused at the wild directions the CW goes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This didn't do much to get me very pumped for the upcoming season after the mixed bag that the previous two seasons have been, but the bit about Lois thinking Clark is a terrible driver was a nice enough touch that I'll give this another episode.

Was that freaking Onomatopoeia? Haha they didn’t use him for Arrow but they do for S&L? Always amused at the wild directions the CW goes.
    That was Onomatopoeia!? It was so random no wonder I didn't realize it .

I love how the Arrow showrunners didn't think they could make him work and suddenly SM&L, who just exited the Arrowverse, are showing how they can work .

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This didn't do much to get me very pumped for the upcoming season after the mixed bag that the previous two seasons have been, but the bit about Lois thinking Clark is a terrible driver was a nice enough touch that I'll give this another episode.
    Dude if you didn’t like either of the previous two seasons you should tap out. It’s a CW show, it’s more likely to get worse than it is to get better. I watch it because there’s usually at least one good moment from Hoechlin, Tulloch, or Parks per episode and that’s enough for me until Legacy or MAWS debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was Onomatopoeia!? It was so random no wonder I didn't realize it .

I love how the Arrow showrunners didn't think they could make him work and suddenly SM&L, who just exited the Arrowverse, are showing how they can work .
    Arrow showrunners seemed to hate the Arrow Mythos and tried to make it Batman Lite with lots of pandering to Twitter/Tumblr.

Dude if you didn’t like either of the previous two seasons you should tap out. It’s a CW show, it’s more likely to get worse than it is to get better. I watch it because there’s usually at least one good moment from Hoechlin, Tulloch, or Parks per episode and that’s enough for me until Legacy or MAWS debut.
    I dunno. I want to have faith this season might keep the quality up more consistently than season 2 did, though your mileage might vary.
    Arrow showrunners seemed to hate the Arrow Mythos and tried to make it Batman Lite with lots of pandering to Twitter/Tumblr.
    Don't remind me...though Ollie being a Batman stand-in ended up working out in its own way, admittedly.

Someone on YouTube thought the new villain was Spellbinder which would've been cool. But Onomotopiea is a cool choice to use.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-15-2023 at 10:12 AM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Thought it was... so-so. Seemed even lighter on action than previous episodes, but the action we did get was pretty cool.

Didn't necessarily dislike the new Jon, but don't love him yet. I do think he does well with the bro relationship, esp in the scene on the porch where they each give each other advice. Kinda cheesy, but I thought it worked.

Did not care for the Chrissy/Kyle thing. When she was sitting in the kitchen I found myself saying, "oh please, don't have this happen." And then it happened. I'm hoping it will be one and done like she says but somehow I don't think it's over.

Seemed to have more comedy than previous episodes/seasons. Apparently, Clark can't cook up 'cue at all, lol.

I'd say the suit is improved this season.

The ending did leave me wanting more and excited for the next episode so that's good.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I watch it for exactly the same reason. There's usually some little bit like Lois teaching Jon how to drive and being so Lois at it, that makes me smile. However, I can definitely see the point coming where I tap out because the show is too much of a slog to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno. I want to have faith this season might keep the quality up more consistently than season 2 did, though your mileage might vary.
    I'm in the same boat. I'm a Superman fan. I'm ever hopeful that the show's creative will learn from their mistakes and course correct. They're clearly listening to the criticisms. Just look at how they've tweaked the suit each season to improve it. Hell, look at how they've made an effort to show more hot and heavy scenes between Lois & Clark

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Thought it was... so-so. Seemed even lighter on action than previous episodes, but the action we did get was pretty cool.

Didn't necessarily dislike the new Jon, but don't love him yet. I do think he does well with the bro relationship, esp in the scene on the porch where they each give each other advice. Kinda cheesy, but I thought it worked.

Did not care for the Chrissy/Kyle thing. When she was sitting in the kitchen I found myself saying, "oh please, don't have this happen." And then it happened. I'm hoping it will be one and done like she says but somehow I don't think it's over.

Seemed to have more comedy than previous episodes/seasons. Apparently, Clark can't cook up 'cue at all, lol.

I'd say the suit is improved this season.

The ending did leave me wanting more and excited for the next episode so that's good.
    What hit me was how abrupt it was. One minute they're talking about how much their life sucks and the next it's the morning after and they're in bed together.

I guess that happens in real life, but it felt pretty quick. Though maybe the alcohol helped.