Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Dude playing Mannheim is great, he’s very similar to a traditional Lex so I wonder how they’re going to differentiate Lex from Mannheim. That shot of Lexcorp Tower in the background definitely set it up so that Lex is looking in the background.
    Mannheim was AMAZING. I am way more invested in what he is doing vs Ally Alston and the military so far in his two appearances. He even mentioned watching men like Lex and Edge become billionaires, so I feel that while he's still in the shady businessman trope with Lex and Morgan, he's definitely clearly a crime lord that takes advantage of this community that Superman is said to overlook. So far it seems more blue collar than Lex, but we'll see. Has Lex been outed as a criminal and imprisoned in this universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Mannheim was AMAZING. I am way more invested in what he is doing vs Ally Alston and the military so far in his two appearances. He even mentioned watching men like Lex and Edge become billionaires, so I feel that while he's still in the shady businessman trope with Lex and Morgan, he's definitely clearly a crime lord that takes advantage of this community that Superman is said to overlook. So far it seems more blue collar than Lex, but we'll see. Has Lex been outed as a criminal and imprisoned in this universe?
    Appears that he has, he’s in jail and sporting a beard by the time of this season. Perhaps we’ll be getting classic mad scientist Lex while Mannheim fills the role of corrupt billionaire pulling the strings.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Elizabeth Tulloch breaks down that tragic Superman & Lois shocker: 'This is very real'
    "Tyler and I were both in Wales doing a convention when I got the call from [showrunners] Todd [Helbing] and Brent [Fletcher] that Lois was going to be not only having breast cancer, but a very, very aggressive, deadly kind of breast cancer," Tulloch tells EW. "And I just knew nothing like that had been done before, to my knowledge anyway, either on screen or in the comics or anything. I felt like it was overall going to be really grounding and an interesting villain to have, because this isn't someone that Clark can just go kick its butt. He's powerless against this, and so is she. I thought it was pretty fascinating to explore."
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post

When Mannheim was talking, they showed a bit of Metropolis' skyline. It incuded the "L" shaped Lexcorp tower. About time someone used it.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Appears that he has, he’s in jail and sporting a beard by the time of this season. Perhaps we’ll be getting classic mad scientist Lex while Mannheim fills the role of corrupt billionaire pulling the strings.

Well, we will see if that is the case or not. We could be getting set up to be surprised by this universe's Lex.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Is Matteo going to wind up being

A) Bruno Mannheim's son
    B) Bruno Mannheim's nephew
    C) Doctor Irons' son / nephew
    D) Totally unconnected to any existing Superverse character

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Is Matteo going to wind up being

A) Bruno Mannheim's son
    B) Bruno Mannheim's nephew
    C) Doctor Irons' son / nephew
    D) Totally unconnected to any existing Superverse character
    Hmm, good question. I'm sure they have some plans for him. Seemed too pointed of a meeting to be pointless.

Nat and Matt.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Thoughts on #SupermanAndLois S3E03 "In Cold Blood". Spoilers follow ...

1. Crazy nightmare sequence to start off the episode.

Definite homage to Action Comics #700 with the violent destruction of Metropolis and the Daily Planet globe crashing down to the ground.

2. Lois going around with Clark to the rest of the cast in separate meetings (Lucy over the phone, the Irons, the Langs, Sam, Beppo) felt true to life.

Those seeking escapism with this show aren't going to find it with heavy scenes like that.

3. Are we going to have to keep track of Jonathan's new girlfriend's clearly skeevy dad now?

Unless he turns out to secretly be this show's version of some classic Superman Rogue like Metallo or someone, I'm really not feeling this arc for Jonathan. Candace sucks. Can't he date someone without terrible family baggage?

4. Lois missing her first chemo was totally in character and everyone was right to call her out on that.

Her skipping the SECOND time after giving her word to Clark was a lot more selfish and messed up. Glad Beppo smacked her with the truth while they were both trapped in the freezer.

5. Kyle getting jealous of John Henry Irons (or anyone else getting close to Lana) was inevitable.

But if they're following the comix, this ain't a fight he's going to win.

6. The most unbelievable thing about John Henry continues to be how perfectly normal he constantly acts around the doppelganger of his murdered wife.

About time he showed some emotion with Nat naively wanting to just give away his wife's watch.

7. Lana went Will Smith on Sarah.

You could feel the windup coming as Sarah kept mouthing off to her mom and finally crossed the line with that crack about Kyle's infidelity.

8. Worth noting this 40something Supes follows the comix in that the older he gets under a yellow sun, the less effective Kryptonite is on him.

Great save by Steel with the hammer, tho. Give that man his red cape, hexagonal S-emblem, and better helmet already.

9. The kids' misadventure getting Jonathan's truck back was fun.

Low stakes (aside from the risk to Jonathan) but showed they could be competent at smaller-scale crime-fighting.

10. So Intergang has Clark's blood in their labs.

Hope they can at least be creative with what they do with it, and not devolve into Early Smallville's disposable Meteorite Freak of the Week problem.

Bottom line: This season is going to be a slow burn. Plenty of drama and setup, but not a lot of meaningful action. But I think the season will ramp it up sooner rather than later. Because Lex Luthor is coming.

Grade: B.

Ah, so the footage of Lois in a destroyed Metropolis was basically just a nightmare Clark is having because he feels like there's nothing he can do for Lois with her cancer so he visualizes it at being unable to save the city or her during a disaster. It was kind of surreal seeing the Daily Planet building again considering how little relevant to the show it's been. Who even owns the thing, now?

I get Lois telling Chrissy, the Irons, and Lana...but it felt weird having Kyle and Sarah there too. I did appreciate that they got Jenna Dewan back for Lucy's voice cameo. But Sam being so utterly crushed hurt to watch.

Well, yeah, if Clark had Kryptonian tech that could cure cancer, he probably would have given it to the world by now.

Dang, Lana being pretty straight with Kyle not warranting being part of her home security system. Even John Henry was like "I feel for her, but she's not my wife" to Lois' cancer which felt oddly blase but I guess we found out later it was him trying to hide his own feelings about it.

To the surprise of no one Lois is prioritizing her work over getting her chemo treatment. It's like Jane Foster Thor from the comics except more people call her out for it.

It feels weird to see Sarah judging Jon for a (forced) kiss from another girl considering her situation at the beginning of season 2. I guess she did eventually come clean about it which he didn't, but her kiss was more mutual than Jon's was. Although I guess going to a party where your ex-girlfriend invited you to while not telling your current girlfriend is pretty skeevy.

It was nice to see Candice working honestly at the diner (even if she still finds time to make out with her boyfriend while on the clock) though her dad is pretty much your stereotypical drunk redneck dad...and falls prey to all the stereotypes. I mean, drug dealing daughter with a dad like that? This family can't help themselves. I think Jon could do better.

Kyle just can't win with Lana. I mean, it's his own fault and I think he was kind of jealous, but still.

I wonder how long Clark would've waited before going to Nepal. Like I feel like his own conscience wouldn't allow him to straight up abandon people even for Lois' sake, but would have have stayed behind longer before Lois told him to go?

You know these two women really couldn't have at least texted Clark where they would be or John Henry? Was there no signal in the warehouse? I get that they would find a way to block any signal to Superman, but...

Dang, Sarah calls Lana out for being a drama queen that makes everything about her! Shots fired! And then Lana outright slaps her! Jeez. Seems like Lana has a lot of trauma over being like her mom (and I think Kyle mentioned before in season 1 how overbearing she was). I'm not surprised Sarah ran away though.

Some teen vigilante business! I'm glad Jon took out at least one guy, but will Jordan ever get a costume?

Those Kryptonite Gauntlets were cool but Superman was rendered useless just so Steel could have something to do.

Seems like Kyle and Chrissy is actually happening if only because the two of them seem to see each other as a great way to de-stress, and Kyle opened up to Chrissy about what he went through with his dads' liver cancer.

I get that Lois doesn't want to come off as fragile. And I get that having to undergo chemotherapy instead of doing something else is absolutely terrifying. But she can't keep avoiding taking care of herself and her family wants to be there for her and take care of her. And she'll only be able to get through this with them. But I'm glad Kyle prioritized being there for Sarah. Beyond everything else, he's a good dad.

So are they giving people Superman's blood to functionally make them Kryptonian or immortal? Though it seems like Miller is on his last life. This show will continue to find creative ways to give people Superman's powers.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I've now started fast forwarding through the Lana/Sarah/Kyle scenes and my enjoyment of the show only increased.

If you're not watching the show live, I definitely recommend it.

The dream sequences were cool!

Also had to laugh and shake my head at Lois constantly walking out on her cancer treatments because she’s that obsessed with nailing Intergang. Definitely in character for her but damn is that a dumb decision.

I like how the Lois & Chrissy relationship is shaping up. Even Clark is sometimes hesitant to check Lois when she needs it, but Chrissy is that friend who cares enough to do that. She’s a solid Jimmy Olsen replacement (will they ever mention if Jimmy exists/what he’s up to on this Earth?)

Ayy Intergang finally uses the cool weaponry!

Jon, Jordan, and Nat working together was nice, I like how their sibling bond has grown. Wish Steel had gotten to knock a few heads himself but he got to save Supes at least.

Oh and here’s an interview with the new Jon actor: Michael Bishop talks joining Superman & Lois as new Jonathan Kent and almost missing his first day

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I've now started fast forwarding through the Lana/Sarah/Kyle scenes and my enjoyment of the show only increased.

For some reason Kyle's just grown on me as a character. I don't know why, and I know he's a screw-up, but somehow I keep rooting for him.
    The dream sequences were cool!

Also had to laugh and shake my head at Lois constantly walking out on her cancer treatments because she’s that obsessed with nailing Intergang. Definitely in character for her but damn is that a dumb decision.

I like how the Lois & Chrissy relationship is shaping up. Even Clark is sometimes hesitant to check Lois when she needs it, but Chrissy is that friend who cares enough to do that. She’s a solid Jimmy Olsen replacement (will they ever mention if Jimmy exists/what he’s up to on this Earth?)

Ayy Intergang finally uses the cool weaponry!

Jon, Jordan, and Nat working together was nice, I like how their sibling bond has grown. Wish Steel had gotten to knock a few heads himself but he got to save Supes at least.

Oh and here’s an interview with the new Jon actor: Michael Bishop talks joining Superman & Lois as new Jonathan Kent and almost missing his first day
    I get why they do it but I get tired of them making the main hero basically useless just so a supporting hero can come in and save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For some reason Kyle's just grown on me as a character. I don't know why, and I know he's a screw-up, but somehow I keep rooting for him.

I get why they do it but I get tired of them making the main hero basically useless just so a supporting hero can come in and save them.
    Sometimes the Cushing drama bores me to tears and other times I actually enjoy it. If they completely cut all of that out I would not mind at all, but there are times where I like to see what Sarah and Kyle get up to.

Hey if it’s Steel it’s ok, I need Steel to get at least one cool moment per episode and since Supes saved Lois and Chrissy I was fine with him being saved in turn.

Sometimes the Cushing drama bores me to tears and other times I actually enjoy it. If they completely cut all of that out I would not mind at all, but there are times where I like to see what Sarah and Kyle get up to.

Hey if it’s Steel it’s ok, I need Steel to get at least one cool moment per episode and since Supes saved Lois and Chrissy I was fine with him being saved in turn.
    Yeah, I get it. It's just it always feels like "Superman is getting weakened by Kryptonite or another person with the same powerset so he needs somebody else to come save him!" but that's becoming pretty common in the genre.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

lol, love it! Kinda like the cut of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Edit.

Overall, liked the episode.

The dream sequences were pretty cool. Having seen those scenes in the season trailer I had no idea what it would be, but as it kept reappearing as Clark's nightmare, I really liked it. The Daily Planet comes crashing down on Lois, she's literally being killed by her job while skipping chemo. Talk about a metaphor.

Another emotional gut punch scene when telling fam and friends. Especially Sam Lane.

Liked how Chrissy and Lois are back at some deep investigating, was worried Beppo would become too ancillary.

The scene where they bust out of the blood bank freezer and Clark saves them was pretty cool. And the fight scenes were great, esp when the Hammer came flying in! Finally a Steel throwdown this season!

(as a completely unrelated aside, in the actor's commentary of the original Conan the Barbarian, at one point Arnold says "here comes Sven with the Hammer." In my mind, I always hear Arnold saying, "here comes Steel with the Hammer." )

I didn't think I'd like the subplot of getting the truck back, but it was really enjoyable and had nice action. Def really liking the new Jon actor too.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog