Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    First things first, Peter wouldn't be down on his luck anymore. Not saying he would be "Parker Industries" levels of well off, but for the first time in like ever, Peter Parker and Spider-Man would be balanced rather well.

Secondly, Spider-Man wouldn't be seen as the annoying creepy guy in the super hero community. He'll still crack jokes and all, but you know how Captain America respects him? You know how Daredevil considers him his closest ally? That would be a relatively common thing.

Third, he's in a relationship. A stable loving relationship. MJ is a top choice of course, but I'd be fine with someone else. My dream pairing was always to put him with Silver Sable since I read that one What If years ago. Whoever he ends up with though, the relationship is established and not something that's just thrown together for shock value. And none of this "Oh hey, they broke up now for no reason." BS.

Almost everything else would like it is currently. Jonah knows who he is. Aunt May is still alive, but she doesn't have Joker Immunity or whatever. Peter and Eddie keep the hatchet buried. I say almost because I'd make two major changes.

1) Ben Reily is back to his normal self. He generally has his own adventures, but he chips in to help Peter from time to time. Same with Kaine.

2) Otto is still Superior. He's operating in San Fran still and mostly keeps to himself. However Doctor Octopus is still a problem. Either an alternate version of Otto (Which I have been dying to see, honestly.) or Carolyn Trainer.

I know some might not like that there's so many spiders, but honestly, if Batman can have a Bat-Family then I don't see why Spidey can't either. Everyone is their own character anyway, even the clones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    If the anti-MJ establishment sabotage MJ's character beyond repair I think Liz/Peter would be interesting. Writing a character development arc for Liz might stick better than having to redo the character development for MJ after the anti-MJ establishment keep undoing it.
    That said, I think having to worry about money is central to my conception of Peter - it's not as if only life's permanent losers have to worry about money - so I'd have Liz lose her money, retrain as a forensic accountant. She wins over those other members of the superhero community who know her when Peter needs her to take him to the Night Nurse during a big superhero battle in which other heroes have been injured as well.
    (NN: 'The Power Suppressor isn't working on Luke. We can't get through his skin to give him the injection.'
    Liz: 'Give that to me. I learned nursing looking after Mark Raxton. We had to work out how to treat him without power suppressors. Jessica, hold him down.')
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Married to MJ with kids and working @ Horizon. Being a mentor to Miles & Ben. Aunt May retired to Florida and Peter and the family living in her home which she gave to Peter as a present.
    All of those sound very good. Especially like the first and third, but Peter and Liz finally getting their shot together so many years after they first knew each other (hopefully having it go a lot better than it did in The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series) would be pretty amazing to pull off. Speaking of the first, I'd go with Carolyn Trainer resuming the Doctor Octopus name and striking out as a reminder of Otto's less-than-positive legacy, spurring him on to make something better of himself that he can leave behind instead.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Why do so many people want Spider-man to have the perfect life? What's interesting about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Why do so many people want Spider-man to have the perfect life? What's interesting about that?
    it just be something new to complain about for starters
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy