Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    it would be better if he is his own Boss that way no can complain when he is Spiderman
    True...oh...what about turning Parker Industries into a much smaller company like...I don't know...Parker Labs? It could be like what Horizon Labs was supposed to be! Or...used to be? I honestly don't remember much about Horizon other than that it was bought out by Liz Allen.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Everything, for the most part, would be centered around ESU.

Peter and MJ are married. Peter finishes up his PHD, becomes a part-time professor and also does research at ESU. MJ gets decent mid-range work as a TV/stage actress, but also teaches at ESU's Theatre department. MJ and Peter are either expecting or already have baby May. Kristy Watson has moved in with the Parkers to help with the baby. Aunt May and Anna have passed.

The DB, which has transitioned to other forms of media, has grown exponentially and JJJ becomes a certified media mogul. JJJ has "retired" from his work at the Daily Bugle news department. Betty Brant is editor. (Though he continues to micromanage her behind the scenes.) But lucky enough for Peter, JJJ also serves on the Board of Trustees of ESU and tries to exert his influence over ESUs culture. (JJJ has grown particularly disdainful of "young people today.")

Gwen and Miles are students at ESU and are frequent guest stars in Peter's book, but also have books of their own. Peter mentors them and other students. Gwen is looking to launch a music career, and perhaps MJ attempts to leverage her connections in the entertainment industry. A new "coffee bean gang" of sorts is started with the new generation of students at ESU and Gwen and Miles are a part of it. There are also plenty of new villains among the faculty, staff, and students that harken back to classic Spider-man.
    I really love your take, although i think continuity would hold a few things back from being feasible, like gwen being so close to everyone who knew the original, but that aside id read the sh1t out of that as an alternate ultimate-like universe or maybe a spectacular spiderman deal.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    I really love your take, although i think continuity would hold a few things back from being feasible, like gwen being so close to everyone who knew the original, but that aside id read the sh1t out of that as an alternate ultimate-like universe or maybe a spectacular spiderman deal.
    Thanks!!

Yeah I'm not too familiar with Spider-Gwen's current status quo other than her going to 616 and enrolling in ESU. I thought it would be a good idea to integrate her into the cast given her popularity, but I can see how things could get tricky w/ the original Gwen's history.

Has Miles Warren ever met Spider Gwen? I think that would be akward as all get out.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Has Miles Warren ever met Spider Gwen? I think that would be akward as all get out.
    Yes. And it was very awkward.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    A research career...like working as Reed Richards' assistant or getting a job at Alchemax?
    Working with Reed Richards could definitely work out better than Alchemax, since Reed knows that Peter's Spider-Man and Peter wouldn't have to make excuses for his lateness or absences to him that aren't, "I was saving lives, fighting bad guys." Alchemax could have more dramatic potential, though, as from what Peter knows from his encounters with Miguel O'Hara/Spider-Man 2099, Alchemax in the future becomes the dominant superpower (geopolitically speaking) of the world after a civilization-destroying cataclysm that it might have been responsible for, either directly or indirectly, and wields that power very irresponsibly, to say the least, so Peter could be in present-day Alchemax to help steer it in a better direction. On the subject of Spider-Man and corporations, though, I do like Kaitou D. Kid's idea, which he did pitch before in another thread, of darkly satirizing MCU Spider-Man (pre-No Way Home, at least) as a pawn of Oscorp in the same way Ben Reilly's Spider-Man turned out to be a(n unwitting) pawn of the Beyond Corporation and a foil/evil counterpart for Miles Morales's Spider-Man, as it would be a great way to take the proverbial piss out of Marvel Entertainment/Marvel Studios for misunderstanding or misinterpreting their own flagship character as they have.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Personally, I don't want Peter having his dream job. I find it both more interesting and more relatable when his job is just something he does to pay the bills rather than something he loves doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Working with Reed Richards could definitely work out better than Alchemax, since Reed knows that Peter's Spider-Man and Peter wouldn't have to make excuses for his lateness or absences to him that aren't, "I was saving lives, fighting bad guys." Alchemax could have more dramatic potential, though, as from what Peter knows from his encounters with Miguel O'Hara/Spider-Man 2099, Alchemax in the future becomes the dominant superpower (geopolitically speaking) of the world after a civilization-destroying cataclysm that it might have been responsible for, either directly or indirectly, and wields that power very irresponsibly, to say the least, so Peter could be in present-day Alchemax to help steer it in a better direction. On the subject of Spider-Man and corporations, though, I do like Kaitou D. Kid's idea, which he did pitch before in another thread, of darkly satirizing MCU Spider-Man (pre-No Way Home, at least) as a pawn of Oscorp in the same way Ben Reilly's Spider-Man turned out to be a(n unwitting) pawn of the Beyond Corporation and a foil/evil counterpart for Miles Morales's Spider-Man, as it would be a great way to take the proverbial piss out of Marvel Entertainment/Marvel Studios for misunderstanding or misinterpreting their own flagship character as they have.
    I like that idea, it would give Marvel a much-needed smack on the head and could make for a pretty entertaining read.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

It would be cool if the government set up something for super heroes.

Like a lab or something. And Peter could work there. And come and go as he pleases to do the Spiderman thing. Make the lab run by Shield (Are they back or still gone?) or some other government agency. Peter could be doing government work and some of his inventions can go to the government. Be a freelancer type thing.

Have other science based heroes pop up from time to time.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

He would get his doctorate, a good, upper middle class job and marry MJ.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Personally, I don't want Peter having his dream job. I find it both more interesting and more relatable when his job is just something he does to pay the bills rather than something he loves doing.
    If I can add to this... I really want Peter to remain working-class, not a CEO or a wealthy scientist. I think you just lose something very significant if Peter is rich.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    If I can add to this... I really want Peter to remain working-class, not a CEO or a wealthy scientist. I think you just lose something very significant if Peter is rich.
    Hmmm...what about the job his MC2 counterpart has? The Crime Lab position?

I love the MC2 Universe and I thought that job fit him really well. He could also use his photo skills and be a crime scene photographer as well.

At that point, Peter is crippled and retired. It's not his story anymore. He's just supporting cast and supporting cast can be a lot more flexible than the main heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    At that point, Peter is crippled and retired. It's not his story anymore. He's just supporting cast and supporting cast can be a lot more flexible than the main heroes.
    And...? That doesn't mean he can't still get the job. Would you rather he be like D-Man and live in a sewer until Daredevil finds him babbling about underground civilizations that don't exist?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I love the MC2 Universe and I thought that job fit him really well. He could also use his photo skills and be a crime scene photographer as well.
    I thought so too! It would be a great fit and you could tie a lot of story elements involving street-level crime together with the cases he's called upon to work at.