Page 148 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2503

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Beat me to it lol.

The KC logo is the less looking like an actual \S/. It would work better if you want to claim it's an alien symbol.
    Might be it’s simply a case of Gunn digging the aesthetic of that S. Or like I said, given his use of KC art elsewhere, maybe that’s what he wants to work towards. Legacy seems like it will be an inversion of KC in terms of story, a young Superman showing up who rejects the ethos of his peers/elders and blazes a new path for a new age of heroes. Superman as the rebel suits Gunn more than Superman as the angry Boomer out to get the young punks off his lawn (that’s Waid’s schtick )
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I wonder if they'll go with the black background or a variation of.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Might be it’s simply a case of Gunn digging the aesthetic of that S. Or like I said, given his use of KC art elsewhere, maybe that’s what he wants to work towards. Legacy seems like it will be an inversion of KC in terms of story, a young Superman showing up who rejects the ethos of his peers/elders and blazes a new path for a new age of heroes. Superman as the rebel suits Gunn more than Superman as the angry Boomer out to get the young punks off his lawn (that’s Waid’s schtick )
    Or it'll set up for the future (Chap 2) a conflict between the JL and the more "edgier new heroes" like The Authority.

The Kingdom Come symbol in my mind has always represented a “darker” version of Superman from a world where things turned ugly. It seems more militaristic. It doesn’t lend itself to the more positive take that Gunn said he’s going for. Just my take.

Zaslav appears to be getting ready to flip WB as has been rumored for a year. With Aprill "get out of jail free" approaching legit sources like Variety are openly discussing it and explaining some of WBD's moves. Like the Tom Cruise deal, Joker's budget ballooning to 200 million (Superman Legacy will be closer to 150 million) and efforts to snag the Tarantino project. Spending money they don't have as their stock hits new lows.

As to DC Studios and Superman Legacy, this reinforces speculation by some of us that Zaslav was behind the addition of a slew of non-Superman characters to the film. To "showcase" the DC properties a buyer would gain access to. It never made sense why Zaslav/Gunn didn't put A list characters into SL, but someone pointed out that given Superman is going public in a few years along with the rest of the Trinity it makes sense as no one knows for sure how that will work out but, by showcasing "tommorrow's diamonds", any buyer is reassured complete control of a large array of DC IP's for decades to come.

Will it be NBC/Universal? They are the odds-on favorite. Gunn/Safran's contract is up in 2025. The new owner can continue with them or, more likely, bring in their own team. Gunn's aggressive project schedule wasn't realistic and was/is likely a smorgasbord of concepts from which the new owner can pick and choose. How close is a sale? No one knows but by the time legit sources like Variety write about it something is usually already cooking. If you are a Superman or Trinity fan this is good news. Under Gunn the chances of a follow-up Superman film to Legacy were slim and Gunn's almost total focus on C list characters meant the A listers would be mostly MIA but, with a new owner and recognizing it isn't a given, the chances for more Superman are better. Who knows - maybe Superman and Lois wouldn't have been canceled if a new regime was in charge.

Still, a Cruise-Tarantino alliance at Warners would align with the De Luca-Abdy modus operandi: Lure A-list directors who can attract bona fide stars — and spend wildly. Since taking over the studio in July 2022, De Luca and Abdy have struck some pricey deals: There’s Anderson’s next movie, which will feature Leonardo DiCaprio (earning $20 million plus), and a Ryan Coogler-Michael B. Jordan vampire film that has Warners ceding the copyright to Coogler after 25 years. The latter move was a head-scratcher considering that Tarantino is the only other director to secure an eventual copyright from a major studio (with “Once Upon a Time”) and will surely be looking to replicate that with “Movie Critic.” But sources who have done recent business with the studio say the mandate to spare no expense to land big talent comes via Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav.

“The strategy at Warner Bros. right now and the reason they made some of these big star deals is they’re basically playing with other people’s money,” says one insider. “They’re shopping for Quentin or Cruise with the notion they can use it as a shiny object that is going to be additive when Zaslav sells the company.”

WBD Spends Big
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-22-2024 at 11:40 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Legacy cast and bald Hoult!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3qExTkPYpl/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-22-2024 at 10:17 AM.

Hopefully shaving Hoult takes less time than shaving Rosenbaum
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I wonder if they'll go with the black background or a variation of.

Generally speaking I think the KC logo is awesome. But I’d rather not have them use it in this film. If they do, they should go with something like the top one here with yellow. Need to keep the costume bright, imo.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

It does look like a fun group.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    My view,New52 superman is more superman than all the trunks(including pkj one) wearing supermen combined except for og superman...there.the truth.
    Gladiators aren't defined by their undergarments..

Looks like lex and clark have hit it off
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-22-2024 at 03:24 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

This isn’t official concept art but it basically is what the suit is rumored to be.

E9UYaK8XEAMITS7.jpg

Just want to point out that logo is also used in Superman and the Authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

This isn’t official concept art but it basically is what the suit is rumored to be.
    Uh, yeah. That'll do nicely.

Ngl, I’m very optimistic about the quality of Superman Legacy. I think James Gunn is the perfect choice and the cast looks great though I’m only really familiar with Nicholas Holt (loved him in The Great). I just really hope it can overcome Superhero fatigue. I honestly don’t care if this launch’s a successful cinematic universe, it’s way too early for another Batman and Wonder Woman. I’d kinda just settle with a Gunn Superman trilogy, and give the cinematic universe another go in 15 years or so. Maybe some spin-offs like the supergirl movie, like how the Batman is getting a Penguin spinoff. Cool off a little.

Anyway I’m totally ok with the ‘S’ being a the house of El crest. That’s never bothered me, though i guess it’s more plausible for the kingdom Come take being a alien symbol that got interpreted to be an ‘S’ for Superman by humans.

In unrelated opinion; Nathan Fillian is aging like wine, Was he really too young for Nathan Drake a few years back?
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 02-22-2024 at 08:11 PM.