Page 143 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2502

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Brainiac being in all the cancelled solo Superman movies is kind of weird. You'd think he jinxed them or the world wasn't ready for a cinematic Brainiac.
    Directors keep making the mistake of “we’ll save the cool stuff for the next film”, and then they don’t get a next film.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Directors keep making the mistake of “we’ll save the cool stuff for the next film”, and then they don’t get a next film.
    The true Superman curse....

If the F4 are doing Herbie I want Kelex. Gimmie a Fortress full of cool stuff and not just a barren igloo like the Donner films take.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Marvel just announced Fantastic Four will open July 25, 2025. The main cast was announced and includes fan favs. The first poster was also released. This is two weeks after Superman Legacy debuts. Thunderbolts moves to May 2, 2025. The July 4th weekend will be an event film - whether Jurassic World or the to be announced Disney project. Disney will crush it with H.E.R.B.I.E. toy sales.

Fantastic Four set for July 25, 2025 release

four4.jpg
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-14-2024 at 12:27 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Tim Burton/Nic Cage didn't even got the first one. Brainy had ho luck either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Marvel just announced Fantastic Four will open July 25, 2025. Two weeks after Superman Legacy. Thunderbolts moves to May 2, 2025. The July 4th weekend will be an event film - whether Jurassic World or the to be announced Disney project.

Fantastic Four set for July 25, 2025 release

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This is a pickle.. Fantastic four(other than hulk) is my favourite guys.oh!well,i will just have to watch em both..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Two weeks later after Legacy, they wouldn't really hurt each other.
    Still, next few years are extremely important for the entire genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Two weeks later after Legacy, they wouldn't really hurt each other.
    Still, next few years are extremely important for the entire genre.
    Same with Jurassic World I’ll believe they are actually going to hit that date when it’s July and it hasn’t moved. They’re going to shoot after Gunn and Feige can’t afford to short shrift the CGI for F4. I bet it gets pushed back.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Summer is always packed with blockbusters, if it'll not be Jurassic World or F4/Thunderbolts, there'll be others. In 2023, there were new ones releasing back to back in June and July.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Summer is always packed with blockbusters, if it'll not be Jurassic World or F4/Thunderbolts, there'll be others. In 2023, there were new ones releasing back to back in June and July.
    True but one doesn't want their film sandwiched between two potential blockbusters. If both films are huge Superman Legacy's first weekend will be muted and it will have just two weeks to make its money. Yeah, the refrain from some Superman Legacy folks is that these other movies won't make their dates. This may be true with JW but not with FF which is set to start filming this spring and which moved from spring to July 25 to give it more postproduction time. Plus, a Disney event film is circling the July 4th weekend if JW doesn't make that date. All films vying for IMAX screens.

As to FF, it has a more known/popular cast than SL with Pedro Pascal being in huge demand in Hollywood. SL having a generally unknown cast (pending the Kent castings and Perry) could be an issue. The potential lack of a villain like Brainiac could also be an issue - especially if rumors that Dr. Doom will be the FF big bad are true. Also, there seems to be more anticipation for FF than for SL. It's BvS vs Captain America Civil War all over again. My bet is Legacy moves to June or, better, IMO, late August.

ff333.jpg
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-15-2024 at 09:43 AM.

We know the date is significant to Gunn so there’s a good chance he doesn’t want to move the release but there’s so much riding on this movie being successful that I think it would definitely be wise to move it far away from Marvel’s next big thing. Find the most secluded spot on the calendar and set up shop there.

I know people on this board get mad when someone has the audacity to suggest that Superman isn’t as popular and in demand as he was 50 years ago but it’s definitely true. A highly anticipated Marvel film released anywhere near this movie will severely cut into its box office.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    We know the date is significant to Gunn so there’s a good chance he doesn’t want to move the release but there’s so much riding on this movie being successful that I think it would definitely be wise to move it far away from Marvel’s next big thing. Find the most secluded spot on the calendar and set up shop there.

I know people on this board get mad when someone has the audacity to suggest that Superman isn’t as popular and in demand as he was 50 years ago but it’s definitely true. A highly anticipated Marvel film released anywhere near this movie will severely cut into its box office.
    Agree. This is one time I'd want the studio to "interfere" and move the release date even if Gunn says no. There is too much on the line for WBD. The FF castings are getting more buzz than did the Corenswet casting which speaks to your point that Superman is not too popular with general audiences anymore and SL needs everything to click to do well with the release date being key to that.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-15-2024 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Marvel’s in the same boat. Not a single F4 film has made more than $400 million, it’s an even less popular franchise than Superman, and the MCU brand isn’t a sure fire bet anymore. We’re coming off of the Marvels absolutely bombing at the box office, the notion that the MCU is this unstoppable juggernaut is out of date. You’re severely overestimating how invested the general audience is in the F4 if you think they’re going to command a Spider-Man tier response to making their MCU debut.

This is like the funniest doomsaying I've seen. The announcement yesterday was met with pretty mild enthusiasm. It was not the massive casting announcement of the past. None of Marvel's new properties (true post-Endgame stuff) have caught on the way they have in the Pre-Endgame. Outside of Spider-Man the last truly successful movie they had was Guardians (Gunn's finale of that massively popular trilogy and a movie that was seen as the end of the MCU for a lot of people).

I don't see Fantastic Four being a surefire hit in the current MCU landscape and there is definitely a possibility that Superman Legacy gets more buzz and anticipation than FF. The only thing FF has going for it right now is Pedro Pascal...

Marvel's most recent run has not been any threat to anything. Black Panther, QuantumMania, Thor LAT, and The Marvel's were all weak and would not have put a big dent in Superman Legacy.

Compare the engagement between Marvel announcing the F4 cast: https://x.com/marvelstudios/status/1...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

With Gunn announcing the new Superman & Lois: https://x.com/jamesgunn/status/16737...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

Could the F4 eat into Superman’s tail? Sure, but I don’t buy that they’re automatically the bigger franchise simply because of the hobbled MCU brand. If either is going to move though, it won’t be until early 2025, no sense hand wringing about it right now.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-15-2024 at 10:29 AM.