Page 156 of 167 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2503

Wendell Pierce is Perry White. Another B/C list actor. This film runs the risk of having no big-name draw. I've seen his work. Good actor but not a draw.

Wendell Pierce is Perry White
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 03-01-2024 at 05:42 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    So what is Superman's budget? Gunn denied the 368 million claim and I'd tend to believe him. The cast, sans Brosnahan and Hoult, are all C list and come cheap. The film is non-epic or so it seems with terrorists the main antagonist. Like where would they spend the money? But folks are pushing back on Gunn and linking to documents that muddy the water. Is Gunn lying - he is known to play fast and loose with the facts? But then why in the world would WBD spend this on a film likely to make just 500 - 600 million. This story is picking up steam, so Gunn/WBD are going to have to re-address it.

What is Superman's budget?
    No they don't.

Because no one will know the final budget until the film and marketing is done.

Who wants to know? The Snyder bros and others that want this to FAIL for a variety of reasons? The same folks who would cry if WBD just stops making super hero movies?

You can't keep screaming for them and then be the MAIN one wanting them to fail.

Wendell Pierce is Perry White. Another B/C list actor. This film runs the risk of having no big-name draw. I've seen his work. Good actor but not a draw.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...te-1235840790/
    ??

I mean no offense to the Perry White fandom but I doubt there's a person who was gonna see or not see this film based off who they cast as Perry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    ??

I mean no offense to the Perry White fandom but I doubt there's a person who was gonna see or not see this film based off who they cast as Perry.
    True, but the lack of a big-name star (so far) will hurt the film. Cast Stallone as Perry and yup some would go just to see that.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 03-01-2024 at 06:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

True, but the lack of a big-name star (so far) will hurt the film. Cast Stallone as Perry and yup some would go just to see that.
    Stunt-casting like that never helps a film.

If someone already has no interest in watching Superman casting Stallone isn't going to change their minds. And thats not an indictment on the film, some people will have no interest and thats fine.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah!!he's gonna have to hunch his back abit more.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

No they won’t, they cast Laurence Fishburne as Perry in MoS, not a single soul went to see that movie because he was cast in that role. It’s the roles that are the draw, people did not go to The Batman for Robert Pattinson, they went to see it for Batman. People don’t care about Tom Holland, they care about Spider-Man. Even Cavill is an example of this, his current movie in theaters is flopping because people don’t care about Cavill outside of him being Supes and Geralt.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-01-2024 at 07:35 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm sorry, but raceswapping comic characters is stupid. And to the people who claim it doesn't matter. If that were the truth, directors and studios wouldn't be doing it.

And it goes to show you that when they do it one time in any form of media, they're going to keep doing it in other media. See Iris West and others.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

So what is Superman's budget? Gunn denied the 368 million claim and I'd tend to believe him. The cast, sans Brosnahan and Hoult, are all C list and come cheap. The film is non-epic or so it seems with terrorists the main antagonist. Like where would they spend the money? But folks are pushing back on Gunn and linking to documents that muddy the water. Is Gunn lying - he is known to play fast and loose with the facts? But then why in the world would WBD spend this on a film likely to make just 500 - 600 million. This story is picking up steam, so Gunn/WBD are going to have to re-address it. Still I can't beleive the number claimed and I would totally discredit it but for the fact I don't trust Gunn. Not a man of virtue IMO.

What is Superman's budget?
    The 363m budget is listed under "total production budget" which include also distribution/marketing costs.

That's supposed to be the estimated budget without the tax-credits they'll receive from each state they'll film in. 11m of tax credit will come from the Ohio state on 36m expected to spend on that location.

The official budget will likely end up being around the 200m ballpark minus the marketing.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-01-2024 at 11:30 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I'm sorry, but raceswapping comic characters is stupid. And to the people who claim it doesn't matter. If that were the truth, directors and studios wouldn't be doing it.

And it goes to show you that when they do it one time in any form of media, they're going to keep doing it in other media. See Iris West and others.
    Idk, I'd be more bothered about casting British and Australian actors who are possibly roundabout sometimes with accents
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Why? Because the film is launching the DCU. And most of these characters will get projects announced - likely very shortly per what Zaslav said. They will get introduction scenes - you can't just plop Mr. Terrific or Metamorpho into a scene and leave it at that. They will very likely get mini story arcs within the film. Gunn has said they are more than cameos. My guess is 20% of the screentime will be devoted exclusively to them. Either interacting with each other or telling their origin/moving their story arc. That Maria De Faris is filming in Norway with Corenswet tells me she will have a large role in the film.
    Literally nothing you claim is backed up by anything at all other than your constant doomposting. You absolutely can just drop them in as established characters and have the universe feel lived in. That’s exactly what Gunn has done with tertiary characters in all his other movies. Which is what they are doing here. Gunn is very good at juggling all these characters and I have seen nothing other than the nonsense you constantly make up and post to support the idea that this is not a Superman focused film. It takes 30 seconds to establish Guy Gardner as a Green Lantern and show their powers. The Engineer is likely an antagonist and possibly the intro villain along with Lex. So no that is not concerning at all.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Anyone else think that S&L is the last time Superman will have the classic symbol in other media? Especially if Gunn's movie succeeds? The new cartoon doesn't have it either.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Anyone else think that S&L is the last time Superman will have the classic symbol in other media? Especially if Gunn's movie succeeds? The new cartoon doesn't have it either.
    I highly doubt it since his classic symbol is all over merchandise, not to mention still being in the comics which, while not relevant to most people, are still something creators often refer to when making adaptations.

Wendell Pierce is Perry White
    Do you even like Superman dude? I see your post and it makes me think otherwise. No one is going to see a Superman movie to see Perry White lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The 363m budget is listed under "total production budget" which include also distribution/marketing costs.

That's supposed to be the estimated budget without the tax-credits they'll receive from each state they'll film in. 11m of tax credit will come from the Ohio state on 36m expected to spend on that location.

The official budget will likely end up being around the 200m ballpark minus the marketing.

It better not end up at 363 million all told. Using the 2.5 multiplier that means Superman would have to make 900 million to break even. At 300 million total Superman needs to make 750 million to break even. Those are The Batman numbers and even most Gunn supporters don't expect Superman to do as well as The Batman.