Page 85 of 168 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2506

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My hunch is that both will be helping to fight BrainiacÂ’s drones. Hawkgirl might be with the Authority in SwiftÂ’s place, Guy will be the one to warn everyone Brainiac is coming. Given the citing of All-Star, I think Holt will be ClarkÂ’s science ally like Leo Quintum (sadly means we will probably never get John Henry Irons which sucks).
    Solid guesses.

Not happy about this news though. The only two things I wanted from this movie was a little blue collar Superman, and a story that kept everything in-house without needing to tap into the rest of the DCU.

Cool that we're getting Hawkgirl and Holt though.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    And that's the problem with those larger DCU cameos. It's a role where they could introduce JHI and enrich this Superman's universe, but instead the spot goes to a character that at the end of the day is gonna be more important elsewhere than specifically here.
    Exactly. Why not Emil as the science advisor instead of Holt (if that is Holt's role)? Gunn is not building up the superverse in the film but the wider DCU. Hello - this is increasingly obvious. Gunn seems not to be interested in establishing Superman as a key component of his DCU. If Gunn doesn't do it in SL it ain't gonna happen. Don't be surprised if Corenswet's Superman gets less exposure in Gunn's 10-year plan than Cavill's Superman got in Snyder's 10-year plan. The signs are there as they were after MOS with Superman fans then clinging to the tale that BvS was really a Superman film. I'm a skeptic when it comes to Zaslav/Gunn and their plans for Superman. I doubt he will factor in much in their DCU which is why I hope NBC/Universal buys WB. And discussions start in 2024 and put SL - which is starting to look like a potential disaster - on hold. The old regime and attitude needs to be gone and that includes Gunn and Zaslov.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-11-2023 at 06:10 PM.

Holy shot are you serious right now ? Couldn’t he wait? I want this to focus on Superman. Stuff like this is what cause the previous universe to collapse and crash.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    First sign of DCU Lexcorp?

(From Blue Beetle trailer). If Gunn is actually canonizing BB into his DCU, then I guess this is the new logo for Lexcorp.
    Not necessarily. Companies change logos all the time, esp if your rich and it destroyed in some type of battle.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Solo Superman movie my ass.

Imagine announcing cast for these characters before Lex, Jimmy, Perry, Zod, whoever else that is actually Super-verse character.

In the aspect of being concentrated Superman solo movie, Legacy already loses to Man of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

Imagine announcing cast for these characters before Lex, Jimmy, Perry, Zod, whoever else that is actually Super-verse character.

In the aspect of being concentrated Superman solo movie, Legacy already loses to Man of Steel.
    Exactly. Synder fans are already having a field day with this. Snyder was trashed for bringing in Batman and WW for BvS. Now Gunn is bringing in even more non-Supes characters for SL. At least with Snyder there was an MOS which was truly Superman centric. Discovery and Gunn are panicking and are throwing everything into SL hoping something will stick. Like the old regime they don't seem to believe Superman is viable on his own as a film. More and more it appears this is not really going to be a Superman film. As/if that becomes even more evident I suspect there will be a backlash and Discovery will be forced to put SL on hold. Pivot to Batman which should have been the first film of the DCU anyway.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-11-2023 at 08:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

We’ve gone from an early days Superman movie; with Clark, Lois and Jimmy as cub reporters. To a Justice League-lite movie.

Why these specific League characters if that wasn’t the goal?

Need a black genius in the Superman orbit? Dr. John Henry Irons is right there.

Need a tough as nails female superhero? Cast a new Supergirl. We know a new film for her is in the works already.
    Bet you anything this will be Thanagar Hawkgirl and not Egyptian Hawkgirl.

GL: Missed opportunity to make it Kyle Rayner. Who was the artist at the Daily Planet in Superman TAS. That would go more with the initial vibe of early days newsroom for Clark and company. Guy makes sense given Gunn’s style.

Second verse, same as the first.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I think the term solo has been lost in CBMs for quite some time now. I believe first such movie was Spider-Man Homecoming where Iron Man was a major presence in the movie and basically replaced uncle Ben for Peter, which was disgusting.

I think the term solo has been lost in CBMs for quite some time now. I believe first such movie was Spider-Man Homecoming where Iron Man was a major presence in the movie and basically replaced uncle Ben for Peter, which was disgusting.
    that was apart of the new deal for those spiderman movies though that spiderman would be pair with a mcu hero. that was well know. Plus that came out in 2017 still had a solo film like Captain Marvel or Shang chi afterwards
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    that was apart of the new deal for those spiderman movies though that spiderman would be pair with a mcu hero. that was well know. Plus that came out in 2017 still had a solo film like Captain Marvel or Shang chi afterwards
    Yeah. And I assure you the Batman film and the The Authority film will not be cluttered with DCU characters. Gunn is trashing Superman and good luck to Discovery. Their credibility is all but gone and making a Superman film that is not really will put the nail in the coffin. SL will bomb if it turns out to be JL lite. Feel sorry for David and Rachel. They are being used.

Honestly I'd rather we get more Superman characters than other Superheroes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't really care who is in as long it's good.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

https://deadline.com/2023/07/james-g...ic-1235434964/

Comes down to if Gunn has your trust or not after the Guardians trilogy. I’m nervous myself, won’t lie, but Gunn is coming into this with goodwill from his other work so I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Do we know if The Authority is actually in the film? Gunn has hinted otherwise. Those might have been the roles and the trades could have just gotten them mixed up.
    Nothing is confirmed yet regarding the Authority.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

I guess, Gardner will be killed by Brainiac, Hawkgirl might be a part of Authority/Stormwatch and Terrific will be a support character, since Gunn is his fan.

In theory Terrific being in this doesn't stop them from introducing JHI as well, but that sounds unlikely. It obviously going to matter how they are used, but it increasingly looks like this movie is more about DC universe than Superman.

But really I'm more annoyed by Guy being in this. If his purpose is to warn that Brainiac is coming then there are many other space based characters who could do that. Some of them even have ties to Superman! But no, we start this universe with at least 3 human GLs? Fuck that, and Guy being the first to make the big screen appearance is just going to splinter the fanbase even further.