Page 153 of 167 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2502

This is the first time I looked at the shield and saw the "S" as the negative space...

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’m just glad it’s not “The Superman”
    Said this in the DCU thread but if Gunn had been able to fold Battison in, I bet that is what this would be called.
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    This is the first time I looked at the shield and saw the "S" as the negative space...
    Yeah I’ve always digged the Kingdom Come S-shield for being something that can believably pass as both an S and an alien crest.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Looks good. I like the title change.
    I hope the costume's colors are not too muted, though. It's hard to know from one image.

Many are saying this was a PR move and I agree. A good PR move by Gunn. The old title put the focus on "legacy" which some took to mean the existing DCU heroes (like Hawkgirl and the other 5 in SL) and Superman setting them on a better path as they, and not Supes, build the DCU. The new title puts the focus where is should be - SUPERMAN. I think WBD saw the controversy around this film with some asking is this a Superman film and made the title change to, in part, address that.

Additionally, Corenswet needs to be the PR focus in promoting SUPERMAN. Not Brosnahan and not Hoult who are doing that in Corenswet's absence. Hoult will give the first interview about SL by a cast member when he guests on Rosenbaum's podcast. Shouldn't Corenswet be giving the first sit down interview? That's not to say Rachel and Nicholas and others can't promote the film. They can and should, but Corenswet needs to be front and center on that. As Cavill was with MOS. As Routh was with SR. Some speculate WBD is holding back on Corenswet as the more extreme Snyder fans will attack him but whether he starts doing PR today or a year from now that's going to happen. Corenswet is charming and enthusiastic in interviews and putting him out there will actually win some Snyder fans over.

For those who have been critical of Gunn and SL this is a hopeful sign. Maybe they are noting the divided reaction to Superman Legacy on social media and are making an effort to address that. Thumbs up to Gunn and WBD for this.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-29-2024 at 06:31 PM.

Goodbye, #SupermanLegacy movie title and Hello, #Superman .

Here's also the first sneak peek at the new movie costume, well, just the new S-shield.

To recap: On the first day of principal filming (Feb 29th, traditionally Superman's birthday in-story), Writer / Director James Gunn reveals that he has officially changed the title from Superman Legacy to Superman

Technically, we've never had an adjective-less Superman movie before. 1978's Masterpiece was officially titled "Superman: The Movie".

The new title is more direct and less imaginative, IMO.

I guess we're following Batman's 1989 example and will likely informally reference this film in the future as #Superman2025 or "Superman25".

The new S-shield looks interesting.

Clearly some Kingdom Come influence there but with brighter colors (glad they kept the golden yellow bits). Also some President Superman Calvin Ellis with the yellow outline on the emblem.

The snow on the chest makes me think of the Fortress of Solitude.

Overall: I'm intrigued and cautiously optimistic.

So, when do we get that first teaser trailer and one-sheet? San Diego Comic Con?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Goodbye, #SupermanLegacy movie title and Hello, #Superman .

Here's also the first sneak peek at the new movie costume, well, just the new S-shield.

To recap: On the first day of principal filming (Feb 29th, traditionally Superman's birthday in-story), Writer / Director James Gunn reveals that he has officially changed the title from Superman Legacy to Superman

Technically, we've never had an adjective-less Superman movie before. 1978's Masterpiece was officially titled "Superman: The Movie".

The new title is more direct and less imaginative, IMO.

I guess we're following Batman's 1989 example and will likely informally reference this film in the future as #Superman2025 or "Superman25".

The new S-shield looks interesting.

Clearly some Kingdom Come influence there but with brighter colors (glad they kept the golden yellow bits). Also some President Superman Calvin Ellis with the yellow outline on the emblem.

The snow on the chest makes me think of the Fortress of Solitude.

Overall: I'm intrigued and cautiously optimistic.

So, when do we get that first teaser trailer and one-sheet? San Diego Comic Con?
    Gunn said we won’t get a trailer this year. My guess is maybe we get one next year at the Super Bowl to kick off marketing. But we will probably get a poster come SDCC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’m just glad it’s not “The Superman”
    It's the bat-man.. Seriously,i don't have problem either way
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm impressed this is actually the first time we've used a title thats just Superman since the first Donner film. Damn thats a long time.

Great that the announcements are going in full, the new symbol looks great.

The name change is a great sign, especially Gunn saying that the name change was because it fits the story better. The name Superman Legacy never sat right with me - kinda makes it sound like Superman is old-fashioned and of the past, and arguably makes it sound like it might be less focused on Superman (since "legacy" often has to do with passing things down to the younger generation). Obviously, the name Superman doesn't have that problem. It's also a bold choice that makes it sound like he really wants this movie to deliver a clear and focused vision of Superman.

I think the logo looks pretty nice. I don't love that texture for superhero costumes, and it doesn't look super bright, but neither of those are huge deals.

Clay Mann redid this piece of art with the s-shield.

Loving the logo and dropping "Legacy" .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bro still remember the passwords of his socials.

Let’s save ourselves any further headaches and refer to it simply as Gunnman from now on
    Gunman sounds the title of an action movie lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Dropping the subtitle is smart. Legacy always felt like the subtitle of a sequel or some older version of the script.
    I thought it was referring to the legacy of Krypton.

Nice.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Art by NateBWells

I'd be so down for the suit to look like this. I love the trunks but the next best thing is a big, chunky belt. Perfect for breaking up the blue and a big WWE style wrestling belt is a natural evolution from the old circus strongman inspired trunks. Plus, the pulpy sci-fi tones are really fun!
    Last edited by StarSpangledMan; 03-01-2024 at 03:57 AM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Haven’t logged on in a few days and this is what welcomed me. Gotta say I really like this. Looks slick! Can’t wait to see what the full suit looks like.

Always liked this Mann piece too.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Gunn/WBD need to build hype for the film to overcome the doubts. The name change was spot on. Corenswet starts tweeting and this which is cute. Looks like they're taking my advice

Is that Lois - who are the other two?