Page 166 of 167 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2504

I wonder what will be the scale of powers used by Superman in this film. Will he use powers that have been newly used in the past 20 years or so? Like that "Nova burst" that leaves him human for 24 hours or however long.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    There are always people like that, its just something that happens with villains.

Its not really worth thinking about unless people start making an ass of themselves.
    I understand people can rally behind Stupid things.But,the company was trying so damn hard to portray "cyclops bad!!! Extremist blah!!".yet nothing happened.They just made Avengers into the villains.

People have the right to like whatever they deem fit.just because me the writer wants a character to be seen as so called bad guy.doesn't mean people will.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-06-2024 at 06:42 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wonder if the company will ever fall into "cyclops was right" pit with supermna.where they try to create a villain.only for people to rally behind the villain.
    That didn't happen with The Elite.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That didn't happen with The Elite.
    It was one issue.After that whenever manchester appeared it wasn't his mission of justice made to be his motive.He was just a one not mwahaha! Character that tries make superman kill.(Sheesh!everything about a characters life must spin around superman..dumb writing).And that one issue itself i think hardly made swarms of new superman fans.On the contrary people who see the paternalist high and mighty savior stayed that way and away(cue superman is boring chants).I tend to think morrison realised the later people can get behind Manchester.That's why superman and authority exists (other than ofcourse didio's trick).Superman and authority is basically a reconciliation of all those things.Clark going back to his old 20s and 30s avatar he came from, extending a hand to manchester.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-06-2024 at 09:33 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I think I can see where Gunn is going here.

spoilers:
    Luthor clones Superman to create a perfect version of him. Calls him Ultraman. Eventually the clone starts to deteriorate and turns into Bizarro. And Superman finally manages to stop him by reasoning with him.

I don't see Gunn just doing "the real Superman beats the **** out of Homelander/Omni-Man/Injustice Superman/Snyder's Superman/whoever". This would be more in line with the themes of his GoTG movies and even The Suicide Squad.

Lex Luthor would basically be playing the same role as Ego or the High Evolutionary, both of whom played God trying to create a "perfect" version of the world.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, making the clone sympathetic and being manipulated would be more interesting than a Homelander type of villain.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I would have asked him if we are ever going to see Superman battle anyone outside of Luthor and Zod. Brainiac is LONG overdue.
    Hope for sequels to get that.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Non answer. I always said Gunn should put his phone down and stop responding to every rumor because now it's hard to trust him.
    Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Going to be honest the response makes me feel there's probably a grain of truth to Ultraman rumor as Gunn in the past has directly shut down similiar "leaks" with simple Yes or No reply, it did seem weird with all casting and how close they are to production that there were no other villains announced as while I don't doubt Gunn's claim that Lex is the "main villain" it still leaves the question who is Clark suppose to be actually fighting in this film.

Also legit question are all these spoiler tags even necessary given this is all still just rumors and speculation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not a “no” like the Two-Face rumor lol. It’s the drawback of being open and responding to people, any time you don’t completely rule something out it means people are going to take it as a yes.
    It's kind noticeable when Gunn is vague is because he is hiding something.

spoilers:
    Doing Superman vs. Evil Superman with Lex in the mix is lame. It’s nothing new that we haven’t seen before, you could at the very least have put Metallo in the position that Engineer is in and give us hardcore Superman fans something to look forward to. Or you could just do Brainiac instead a dumb meta story where Superman beats up Homelander as an FU to all the Boys/Injustice fanboys. Funny as that is, Superman fighting Brainiac would do a far better job of making him cool. I am convinced that Superman 2025 will probably be a repeat of GOTG 1 at this point. I think Gunn will nail Superman, Lois, Jimmy, and the supporting cast, but the villains will be the weakest part. I reckon this will also end with a tease of Brainiac to set up a sequel.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Lex Luthor being the main antagonist with a Superman clone as physical threat was done in Superman IV, it might turn out better this time. I guess it's all up to execution for this alleged new take on Bizarro. If I'm not mistaken some posters wanted the character as villain for Legacy.
    end of spoilers

I just think it sucks that after 80 years we can’t seem to get any Superman villain that’s not Lex or Zod in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I just think it sucks that after 80 years we can’t seem to get any Superman villain that’s not Lex or Zod in a movie.
    Superman has one of the best rogues galleries of any character but Hollywood just can’t get past Lex and Zod.

The Engineer may be Lex’s creation to fight Superman, similar to the character Hope in Azzarello and Bermejo’s Lex Luthor: Man of Steel story. But that still makes Lex the main villain.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-07-2024 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It was one issue.After that whenever manchester appeared it wasn't his mission of justice made to be his motive.He was just a one not mwahaha! Character that tries make superman kill.(Sheesh!everything about a characters life must spin around superman..dumb writing).And that one issue itself i think hardly made swarms of new superman fans.On the contrary people who see the paternalist high and mighty savior stayed that way and away(cue superman is boring chants).I tend to think morrison realised the later people can get behind Manchester.That's why superman and authority exists (other than ofcourse didio's trick).Superman and authority is basically a reconciliation of all those things.Clark going back to his old 20s and 30s avatar he came from, extending a hand to manchester.
    It kind of comes with the territory of being the main character .

Well, I guess there are some critiques to that as far as the overall story message, though some also enjoy it.

But Superman and the Authority was basically peak Superman getting Manchester to acknowledge him...?

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

[and now for the daily Seinfeld reference]

Let’s hope this ends better than the Summer of George, lol

IMG_2680.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Hope it turns out as hype as it sounds.

A bald Pa Kent? Where’s the respect for the lore
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    A bald Pa Kent? Where’s the respect for the lore
    Honestly surprised this is the first one.