Page 121 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2502
    Retired

I've seen Nicholas Hoult in ABOUT A BOY which I loved. And I've seen Rachel Brosnahan in the first season of THE MALICIOUS MS. MARVEL which was enough for me, don't need to see anymore.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-12-2023 at 10:49 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Snyder says he'd be willing to finish his DCEU story. As in make JL2/3. WBD would have to sell the rights which may be a non-starter though it might be a good PR move for them. It'd possibly put to rest the Snyder bros over the top criticism of all things WBD.

Zach Snyder would complete his JL trilogy if ...
    He could always use pastiche to finish his story..Duperman,amazing woman,waterman..etc
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

As some suspected - these other heroes will be more than cameos. What? 10 minutes of screen time each? The numbers in terms of time quickly add up and take away from Superman's/Clark's screen time. The Thread where Gunn was told by a poster that he realized there can be multiple characters in films but wanted those characters to be Superman related and went on to reference the earlier Superman films is telling. Gunn did an in your face and replied that Legacy is not like previous Superman films. So basically, the core fanbase seems to want one thing and Gunn is going to give them something else. Good luck with that. Notice in the comments you posted the questioner references Gunn saying SL would be a standalone Superman film and implying it is not looking that way and that Gunn did not come back and confirm it is a standalone Superman movie. Gunn can't do that as it is clearly not so - some Gunn acolytes are starting to admit this.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 12-12-2023 at 11:10 AM.

I suppose a good example might be the Harry Potter movies. Those had very large casts but they were ultimately about Harry. Oppenheimer also had a large cast but the central focus was the titular character. Still, you wouldn’t be seeing as many complaints if it was more focused on the Superman Mythos in terms of casting (Steel instead of Terrific for example), and if he had announced and casted a mainline Superman villain other than Lex. If Brainiac gets announced that should drum up excitement, but if it’s just Superman vs. Stormwatch with Lex as the big bad pulling the strings behind the scenes… well Lex is badly overused as a film villain even though I trust Gunn to have a good take.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I suppose a good example might be the Harry Potter movies. Those had very large casts but they were ultimately about Harry. Oppenheimer also had a large cast but the central focus was the titular character. Still, you wouldn’t be seeing as many complaints if it was more focused on the Superman Mythos in terms of casting (Steel instead of Terrific for example), and if he had announced and casted a mainline Superman villain other than Lex. If Brainiac gets announced that should drum up excitement, but if it’s just Superman vs. Stormwatch with Lex as the big bad pulling the strings behind the scenes… well Lex is badly overused as a film villain even though I trust Gunn to have a good take.
    I do feel like sometimes people underestimate the value of a characters' own world and mythos especially when they fill it with other characters from the wider comic universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do feel like sometimes people underestimate the value of a characters' own world and mythos especially when they fill it with other characters from the wider comic universe.
    Exactly. Gunn is not a Superman fan which made him wrong for this from the get-go. If the writer were a Superman fan, they'd jump at the chance to showcase Superman characters and wouldn't think of bringing in non-Supes friends and foes. There are so many Superman villains that could have been used. Toyman for instance to add a touch of comedy. Parasite and others. Not to mention a big bad like Brainiac. If a big bag is not cast, it will hurt this film. Gunn's love is for the secondary characters and he's using Superman to launch those characters. It's patently obvious and can be seen in contrasting SL to B&B which will be strictly Batman-centric. I don't see Gunn using Supes much in his DCU as Supes is not important to Gunn.

There are 7 non-Superman family villains. They'll get screentime per Gunn and part of that will be to introduce them to audiences. So screentime apart from Superman/Clark. Add it up. That comes to perhaps a third of the film (unless it is 3 hours) not involving Corenswet directly if they each get 6 - 10 minutes of time explicating who they are. It takes away from character development of the core Superman characters and their relationship with Clark/Supes. Guess Gunn doesn't think that's important. If they feature prominently in the trailers, I could see SL being renamed Justice Unlimited Featuring Superman. Only half joking in that.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 12-12-2023 at 01:11 PM.

Who are the 7 non-Superman family villains? There is only one announced (The Engineer) and 2 more to be cast from the Authority.

As some suspected - these other heroes will be more than cameos. What? 10 minutes of screen time each? The numbers in terms of time quickly add up and take away from Superman's/Clark's screen time. The Thread where Gunn was told by a poster that he realized there can be multiple characters in films but wanted those characters to be Superman related and went on to reference the earlier Superman films is telling. Gunn did an in your face and replied that Legacy is not like previous Superman films. So basically, the core fanbase seems to want one thing and Gunn is going to give them something else. Good luck with that. Notice in the comments you posted the questioner references Gunn saying SL would be a standalone Superman film and implying it is not looking that way and that Gunn did not come back and confirm it is a standalone Superman movie. Gunn can't do that as it is clearly not so - some Gunn acolytes are starting to admit this.
    They will not take screentime away from Superman/Clark because they will share the screen with him as supporting characters/antagonists. Big difference.

Most of these characters go together. 4 superheroes (they likely will pop up together instead of separately), 3 Authority characters (another group), same for the DP cast being just one group of characters that will appear together. Superman will interact will all of them.

What if the non-Lex villain will be kept secret till late trailers?

Who are the 7 non-Superman family villains? There is only one announced (The Engineer) and 2 more to be cast from the Authority.

They will not take screentime away from Superman/Clark because they will share the screen with him as supporting characters/antagonists. Big difference.

Most of these characters go together. 4 superheroes (they likely will pop up together instead of separately), 3 Authority characters (another group), same for the DP cast being just one group of characters that will appear together. Superman will interact will all of them.

The Engineer, Mr. Terrific, Plastic Man, Metamorpho, Hawksmoor, Hawkgirl and the symbiotic guy. A few rumored but not announced yet. Not all are villains per se but per Gunn will get screentime. I don't think their screentime will be limited to only interaction with Superman. Their characters need explication and especially The Authority as SL is setting up The Authority film. If a Hawkgirl or Plastic Man project is part of Chapter 2 of Phase 1 those characters will get their story told, briefly, in SL. It's not like Hawkgirl will just appear interacting with Supes without any established context.

What if the non-Lex villain will be kept secret till late trailers?
    Would be a gamble. If there’s one lesson Gunn should have taken away from his time with Feige it’s that if you’re rebooting, you need to show the audience something they haven’t seen before. You also need to wow the hardcore by getting them interested in seeing something they want finally. Feige did that with Spider-Man. For the casuals you get to see Iron Man and Spider-Man interact, for the hardcore you got to see Vulture. A badass enough trailer will get everyone invested but seeing Brainiac would get the hardcore Superman fans excited. If there’s a cool money shot of Superman fighting Stormwatch in Metropolis, maybe Jack Hawksmoor doing cool stuff with his city powers or the Engineer making Supes bleed without Kryptonite, that might be enough.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Engineer, Mr. Terrific, Plastic Man, Metamorpho, Hawksmoor, Hawkgirl and the symbiotic guy. A few rumored but not announced yet. Not all are villains per se but per Gunn will get screentime. I don't think their screentime will be limited to only interaction with Superman. Their characters need explication and especially The Authority as SL is setting up The Authority film. If a Hawkgirl or Plastic Man project is part of Chapter 2 of Phase 1 those characters will get their story told, briefly, in SL. It's not like Hawkgirl will just appear interacting with Supes without any established context.
    Mr. Terrific, Hawkgirl and Metamorpho aren't villains. And Plastic Man was never announced or even rumored to be in the film.

If Gunn establishes that superheroes being around is the norm, there's no need to explain why Superman knows already many of them.

Would be a gamble. If there’s one lesson Gunn should have taken away from his time with Feige it’s that if you’re rebooting, you need to show the audience something they haven’t seen before. You also need to wow the hardcore by getting them interested in seeing something they want finally. Feige did that with Spider-Man. For the casuals you get to see Iron Man and Spider-Man interact, for the hardcore you got to see Vulture. A badass enough trailer will get everyone invested but seeing Brainiac would get the hardcore Superman fans excited. If there’s a cool money shot of Superman fighting Stormwatch in Metropolis, maybe Jack Hawksmoor doing cool stuff with his city powers or the Engineer making Supes bleed without Kryptonite, that might be enough.
    Yeah, but they do multiple trailers for such movies. First teaser could be just about Supes, and revealing more with each subsequent trailers to build up hype as close we get to the film release.

I think Starro was showed only in the last trailer of TSS but I'm not sure.

Mr. Terrific, Hawkgirl and Metamorpho aren't villains. And Plastic Man was never announced or even rumored to be in the film.

If Gunn establishes that superheroes being around is the norm, there's no need to explain why Superman knows already many of them.

Yeah, but they do multiple trailers for such movies. First teaser could be just about Supes, and revealing more with each subsequent trailers to build up hype as close we get to the film release.

I think Starro was showed only in the last trailer of TSS but I'm not sure.
    Oh sorry I misread, I thought you meant don’t show Brainiac in the trailers at all. I’d copy the Batman approach to trailers personally. First one was mostly just a “here’s a look at the film” and then they did one focused on Batman & Catwoman, then the third was Batman & Riddler. I’d copy that approach for Legacy. First just show what the film looks like, second focuses on Clark, Lois, and Jimmy, third focuses on Superman and Brainiac.

Alright, which actors do y'all think will be in the final rounds for the role of Perry White?

50-something male character actor with a talent for chewing scenery.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Has anyone asked james gunn if bibbowski is gonna be in this thing?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"