Page 207 of 210 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210 LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3144

The suit isn't rocket science, yet Gunn has managed to take a huge step backwards with his suit. Reeve, Christopher, Cavill and Hoechlin all set a standard. Their suits were distinct yet captured the essence of Superman. Gunn's suit is arguably the poorest live action suit to date and that is sad.

GC444.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-10-2024 at 08:39 AM.

https://x.com/egal_art/status/181039...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

Cool to see all the support and love Corenswet and the new suit are getting on social media.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    The suit isn't rocket science, yet Gunn has managed to take a huge step backwards with his suit. Reeve, Christopher, Cavill and Hoechlin all set a standard. Their suits were distinct yet captured the essence of Superman. Gunn's suit is arguably the poorest live action suit to date and that is sad.

gc4367.jpg
    Cavil and hoechlin set a standard? Last I checked..both of em got shredded.Rouths kingdom come was embraced.Otherwise superfandom including myself never are happy..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

https://x.com/egal_art/status/181039...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

Cool to see all the support and love Corenswet and the new suit are getting on social media.
    IMG_2907.jpg
    IMG_2908.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Really like that guy’s art!

Been seeing so much fanart of Corenswet and the suit recently, people seem to be really vibing with it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Cavil and hoechlin set a standard? Last I checked..both of em got shredded.Rouths kingdom come was embraced.Otherwise superfandom including myself never are happy..
    There is some truth to that, but Gunn's suit is getting more blowback than the others. It is what it is. The funny thing is to see someone like Boba Talks vaguely criticize the suits. And others like Film Junkee. First off, many who comment on their sites are starting to call them out for not being truthful. Gunn is losing the narrative and these podcasters, to maintain integrity, are starting to criticize the film. It's an emperor has no clothes situation. The fate of the film rests on the first trailer insofar as the suit better knock folks' socks off - can they fix it enough in post to do that?

The suit is partly why Corenswet isn't getting an enthusiastic reception as Superman. Some like him, some say he is "mot selling it". The baggy fit, the total lack of muscle definition - not his fault but he becomes a target. A new photo of him in the gym with his legs clearly visible turned into a debate about Corenswet. Why are his calves not defined if he worked out so much? The set photos of Corenswet with his face crunched didn't help - mocking memes have been made of them. Gunn is failing to maintain a "special" aura around Corenswet. When Reeve played Superman, the released photos were controlled, and Reeve mentioned in interviews that he had to stand certain ways to minimize wrinkles. With Corenswet it seems cos play to come.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-10-2024 at 09:27 AM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Really like that guy’s art!
    Yeah me too! Also love how he seems to be a fan of beardo Supes.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

There is some truth to that, but Gunn's suit is getting more blowback than the others. It is what it is. The funny thing is to see someone like Boba Talks vaguely criticize the suits. And others like Film Junkee. First off, many who comment on their sites are starting to call them out for not being truthful. Gunn is losing the narrative and these podcasters, to maintain integrity, are starting to criticize the film. It's an emperor has no clothes situation. The fate of the film rests on the first trailer insofar as the suit better knock folks' socks off - can they fix it enough in post to do that?

The suit is partly why Corenswet isn't getting an enthusiastic reception as Superman. Some like him, some say he is "mot selling it". The baggy fit, the total lack of muscle definition - not his fault but he becomes a target. A new photo of him in the gym with his legs clearly visible turned into a debate about Corenswet. Why are his calves not defined if he worked out so much? The set photos of Corenswet with his face crunched didn't help - mocking memes have been made of them. Gunn is failing to maintain a "special" aura around Corenswet. When Reeve played Superman, the released photos were controlled, and Reeve mentioned in interviews that he had to stand certain ways to minimize wrinkles. With Corenswet it seems cos play to come.
    What was Twitter saying about Reeve's suit back then? I ask only because I wouldn't be born for another few decades. Man, the memes must've been a hoot back then, huh...
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

People were dunking on Hoechlin when he debuted and then when they actually saw his performance they warmed up to him. People hated Cavill at first because his suit was too dark, no trunks, and the texture was weird. Reeve would get complaints that he wasn’t shredded enough if he were to be playing the role now.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    What was Twitter saying about Reeve's suit back then? I ask only because I wouldn't be born for another few decades. Man, the memes must've been a hoot back then, huh...
    Lol seriously like what he is talking about? If you’ve ever read the letter pages in comics they’re exactly like Twitter is now, people complaining about EVERYTHING. If Donner Superman came out today it would be ripped to shreds for not adhering to the comics.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    There's a Snyder street. Is that for Zack or Scott :P
    Scott, all the creators are comic book writers/artists.
    Zack, or both him and Scott. There are streets named after Donner and Goyer, it's not just comic book writers/artists.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    People were dunking on Hoechlin when he debuted and then when they actually saw his performance they warmed up to him. People hated Cavill at first because his suit was too dark, no trunks, and the texture was weird. Reeve would get complaints that he wasn’t shredded enough if he were to be playing the role now.

Lol seriously like what he is talking about? If you’ve ever read the letter pages in comics they’re exactly like Twitter is now, people complaining about EVERYTHING. If Donner Superman came out today it would be ripped to shreds for not adhering to the comics.
    The negativity around Hoechlin was WAY worse than what we're seeing with Cornenswet. I think most people were negative on him and that show right up until it premiered. Even then, the only suit people actually weren't negative on was the flashback one he wore for like 30 seconds. There were tons of complaints about it in motion during the show, not just in behind the scenes pictures. Same type of complaints "cosplay" or low budget or complaints about it not measuring up to Cavill. I don't know what the complaints were like with Cavill when he was announced, but his suit has been savaged for years.

Ok caught up on this thread, I had heard James Gunn was tackling Superman but wasn’t following because DC starts and cancels plenty of projects. But they’re almost done filming this one so unless Zaslav uses it as a tax write off it should come out. My thoughts:

1. Corenswet is a solid cast, he has the look for sure. Brosnahan is going to absolutely crush it as Lois even though I wish we were starting off with a different love interest.
    2. Damn we might finally get a Jimmy Olson in live action worth a damn, rest of the Daily Planet crew is here which is great.
    3. Metropolis looks cool and it’s a nice tip of the hat to Siegel and Shuster that they’re actually filming in Cleveland
    4. I like the New 52 aesthetic for the suit but I wish it didn’t have the trunks. Trunks are corny and lame, and I don’t get mixing and matching bits from various eras. If you want a modern suit you need to drop the trunks and if you want a classic suit I don’t get why there’s so much New 52 influence. Kingdom Come S-shield is exciting, if that’s the “Endgame” storyline Gunn is building towards I am all aboard.
    5. Wish we started off with the Kents both being dead but I guess since Pa is almost guaranteed to die it’s not a big deal
    6. Hoult is a phenomenal actor and I can’t wait to see his Lex Luthor but I am puzzled why they’re going with Bizarro/Ultraman instead of Metallo. Metallo would make a lot more sense alongside the Engineer, you have one cyborg stay loyal to Lex and the other defect to Superman (I assume that’s what’s going to happen anyway). Also where is Bloodsport? You already casted a Superman villain Gunn, why would you not bring him back?
    7. Mr. Terrific should be Steel, Isabella Merced is very hot though so I will enjoy seeing her on screen, Guy Gardner and Metamorpho are whatever, don’t care about those dudes. I don’t believe Gunn at all when he says those guys aren’t there to set stuff up, they 100% are. Clearly they’re there to be losers next to a real hero like Superman though judging by the pics of all the kids rushing past them to see Superman.
    8. Getting a real Fortress of Solitude after that half assed effort from Snyder and Krypto is great news!
    9. Hearing they won’t be using the Williams theme which is good, it’s iconic but it’s Reeve’s theme. Every Superman should get their own theme, Cavill’s theme was great no reason Corenswet can’t get his own.
    10. Corenswet actually putting effort into his Clark Kent disguise is a welcome change from Hoechlin and Cavill not trying at all to sell the difference

Consider me cautiously optimistic. I like most of what I’m seeing and hearing, I think this has the potential to be Superman’s equivalent to The Batman in selling him to a new gen after previous efforts failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Zack, or both him and Scott. There are streets named after Donner and Goyer, it's not just comic book writers/artists.
    Donner co-wrote some Superman stuff with Johns, obviously that’s not what anyone remembers him for but he technically is a Superman comics writer. No clue if Goyer did any Superman specific comics, but I think he wrote JSA right? So he wrote the Kingdom Come Superman with Johns?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

How it goes is pretty much any new actor of anything will always receive some pushback playing the character. Its happened before and will happen again, whats happening to Corenswet is no different than what came to those before.

If Iron Man is portrayed by a new actor in some future movie, whoever will be will absolutely get shredded by people who think only RDJ can only ever play the character. Its something that will happen and we have to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Obviously in those days it was magazines and papers that covered films. I was born after S:TM but loved it when I saw it and have a collection of magazines featuring the film and Reeve from the day. That's where Reeve mentioned no wrinkles.

Now social media has replaced that. It drives interest/disinterest in a film. In my office people were trashing The Marvels before it came out based on online stuff. And sharing that with others. With the recent Dune movie and Deadpool there was/is a lot of positive stuff being shared. The perception on social media of a film can make or break it and, speaking of the suit/s, the response to Gunn's has been "meh" at best. That obviously won't help the film.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Obviously in those days it was magazines and papers that covered films. I was born after S:TM but loved it when I saw it and have a collection of magazines featuring the film and Reeve from the day. That's where Reeve mentioned no wrinkles.

Now social media has replaced that. It drives interest/disinterest in a film. In my office people were trashing The Marvels before it came out based on online stuff. And sharing that with others. With the recent Dune movie and Deadpool there was/is a lot of positive stuff being shared. The perception on social media of a film can make or break it and, speaking of the suit/s, the response to Gunn's has been "meh" at best. That obviously won't help the film.
    Are...are you somehow implying the literal instantaneous sharing of each and every opinion possible by nearly every person on Earth is somehow comparable to..."magazines and papers"?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.