Page 129 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2504

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yes,a lois lane movie!!...I can't wait for her to punch godzilla
    Ya never know. LOL!
    Attachment 137110
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-18-2024 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Just sounds like the same kind of boring, cliched responses actors always give in the early stages of productions.
    Pretty much. Only two things of note are Corenswet is in Atlanta training for fight scenes and Superman will have a sense of humor (thank Christ, no more stoic bores please).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty much. Only two things of note are Corenswet is in Atlanta training for fight scenes and Superman will have a sense of humor (thank Christ, no more stoic bores please).
    Kind of curious what kind of sense of humor Gunn'll give him...echoes of Reeve? Aw shucks? Something more modern?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of curious what kind of sense of humor Gunn'll give him...echoes of Reeve? Aw shucks? Something more modern?

Gunn is a comic reader, he’ll probably give Supes some of the sass and deadpan snark Supes usually gets.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I wonder if David has read any of the Superman comics like Cavill did.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope he’ll be doling out the jokes and not being the butt if them (with the possible exception of a crappy Lombard prank that makes him look like a d-bag for pulling it).
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its a very bizarre thing to be hung up on, to be this threatened by a female actress.
    It's not about being threatened by an actress, it's about wanting Superman Legacy to revive interest in Superman and make him popular with the general audience. Superman Legacy may be the last chance for the Superman film IP. If it underperforms Gunn's DCU may or may not continue, but WBD will be done with making Superman films for decades to come. In that context Superman/Clark must be the focus of the film. To the extent Brosnahan's Lois is seen as more of a protagonist, smarter, has the better lines to Corenswet's Clark that focus shifts. To the extent the slew of secondary heroes in Superman Legacy take the focus away from Superman (whether intentional or not) Superman is diminished in his own film. Lois will have moments with Metamorpho per DCU Home. Will she have moments with the others, and will they be sans Clark? That is shifting the focus if these scenes start to add up. I'm all about Superman continuing on film and future iterations seeing villains like Brainiac, Mxy, Metallo and more not seen before on the big screen. These things won't happen unless Superman Legacy is a huge success for Superman and leaves the general audience clamoring for more Superman - and not for Metamorpo. .

As to actresses, Brosnahan - along with Hoult - are my favorite DCU castings so far. Hopefully playing Lois will lift Brosnahan to Hollywood's A-list. If Meg Donnelly is cast as Supergirl it will IMO be magic. Akin to the Gal Gadot casting. I expect the female led S:WOT to be right up there with Brave and Bold as the top box office draw of DCU's Chapter 1. I can see Meg becoming the most beloved DCU superhero much as Gal Gadot was in the DCEU and that's fine by me.

Lois and Metamorpho
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-17-2024 at 01:36 PM.

Mr. Smith Goes To Washington is an influence on Gunn’s approach to Superman

Good movie, it’s about a well-meaning idealistic newly elected senator who goes to Washington and comes face to face with all the corruption there. He has to take a lone stand against the system which tries to smear and destroy him. One element in particular I could see Gunn adapting is the titular Mr. Smith is in love with the daughter of a corrupt senator, which I could see Gunn using for the Clois romance with General Sam Lane (if he appears) in a similar role.

Good movie, it’s about a well-meaning idealistic newly elected senator who goes to Washington and comes face to face with all the corruption there. He has to take a lone stand against the system which tries to smear and destroy him. One element in particular I could see Gunn adapting is the titular Mr. Smith is in love with the daughter of a corrupt senator, which I could see Gunn using for the Clois romance with General Sam Lane (if he appears) in a similar role.
    Nice! I'm getting more excited for this movie all the time.

Rachel Brosnahan and Anthony Carrigan. Rachel's Lois will have scenes with Carrigan's Metamorpho in Legacy. Her dress is fabulous and his suit ain't bad either. Rachel is suddenly all over social media. She is letting tidbits out already - like her interaction with Metamorpho in Legacy. I expect she'll be turning up on The View and other talk shows/podcasts and let more info "slip".

Attachment 137147
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 01-18-2024 at 10:42 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Senator lane feels like better idea than general lane..too much hulkyyy and Supes has had his history with corrupt politicians.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Swiss army nerd

I don't know if Gunn was joking there, but Mr Smith Goes to Washington is one of my all-time favourites, so if that factors in I am /very/ happy.

Clark fighting against embedded corruption at all levels of the world but never, ever giving in despite overwhelming odds? Sign me up. And totally agree on a Senator Lane.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    He’s gotta start putting /j or /s in his posts then lol