Page 93 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2504
    Incredible Member

It's been 10 years since we had Man of Steel , Superman fighting Zod and his people .
    I think that we need a sort of sequel to Man of Steel , It could be Superman going up against Metallo & Brainiac .
    And I'm actually disappointed that there's no Supergirl in the movie . But there's plenty of other Heroes , which right now is not necessary .
    Why is it that Marvel has had so many different Spider-Man movies with different actors too and DC once again doesn't know what to do with Superman .
    Just sad ...
    P.S., The only silver lining since 1989 is that Batman has been featured in many movies .
    It's the only character that seems to work for DC.

This might be a little too out there but what would you think if they casted Tom Welling as Joe-El?

Interesting turn of events.

Gal Gadot Returning For WW3?

If true, this doesn't help Gunn or his 10-year plan or SL in terms of his credibility. Gunn is holding over some of the lesser characters like Amanda Waller from the DCEU. A soft reboot. But to hold over Gal (Gal is my favorite DCEU Trinity actor) makes it more than a soft reboot. Will Mamoa be held over as Aquaman if Aquaman 2 does well? It muddies the waters and if true will increase skepticism towards Gunn's DCU.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-02-2023 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    This might be a little too out there but what would you think if they casted Tom Welling as Joe-El?
    No. Don’t bring back old actors for important roles and don’t reuse old music.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Whether comics or Hollywood, it seems like DC can't do full-measure reboots, half-measures only.

John Campea is a huge Cavill fan and a big Gunn fan. If Gadot is back he isn't a happy camper. He's very funny in the podcast. Starts at 28:00

Campea on possible return of Gaadot as Wonder Woman

Corenswet has an uphill battle to be accepted as Superman after Cavill was fired. If Gadot is back it will make Corenswet's task all the more difficult. Campea's reaction is likely typical of Cavill fans. Some of the more adamant ones claim they won't go to see SL. This casting if it happens will hurt SL's chances of being a success.

The story is raising a stir on social media so Gunn may have to respond in some fashion.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-02-2023 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No. Don’t bring back old actors for important roles and don’t reuse old music.
    I understand but that’s just what Gunn did with Gaddot right now which leaves a sour taste in my mouth tbh. WTF is going on ? Reboot everything including Gadot.

I understand but that’s just what Gunn did with Gaddot right now which leaves a sour taste in my mouth tbh. WTF is going on ? Reboot everything including Gadot.
    It hasn't been confirmed as to Gadot coming back and getting her Wonder Woman 3. That said, this is not going over well on social media and Gunn or someone at Discovery may be forced to comment. It's like the new regime is just like the old regime.

Bottom line for me - Gunn is a disaster for Superman. Any Superman writer who says they need Mr. Terrific, Hawkgirl and Metamorpho to tell a good Superman story has no business writing (or directing) a Superman film.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-02-2023 at 02:59 PM.

Cavill thought he was developing a Man of Steel sequel too. There isn’t a Wonder Woman movie in development so I’d be surprised if she was talking about anything with any certainty. The comments are pretty vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Corenswet has an uphill battle to be accepted as Superman after Cavill was fired. If Gadot is back it will make Corenswet's task all the more difficult.
    Eh big whoop. It's the same "battle" every new Batman and Spider-Man actor goes through. People were swearing that Robert Pattinson would be terrible and all it took was a trailer dropping for popular opinion to shift, then everyone was singing him praises and calling him perfect for the role. There were still varying opinions of course, and those who fully committed to being haters since the casting announcement, but this stuff plays out the same way every time.

Gunn recently started following Skyler. Expecting an announcement once the strike is over.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Eh big whoop. It's the same "battle" every new Batman and Spider-Man actor goes through. People were swearing that Robert Pattinson would be terrible and all it took was a trailer dropping for popular opinion to shift, then everyone was singing him praises and calling him perfect for the role. There were still varying opinions of course, and those who fully committed to being haters since the casting announcement, but this stuff plays out the same way every time.
    Yeah this happens a lot. Ben Affleck had to go through it and so did Pattinson

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Gunn recently started following Skyler. Expecting an announcement once the strike is over.
    Good casting choice.

It could be too distracting because Smallville was a popular show that lasted a decade. But Welling coming back as a villian could be fun. There are other evil kryptonians beside Zod.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Good casting choice.
    Real eyebrow raiser is Gustin, is he actually going to cast him in the DCU? Maybe even as Barry, just to have Barry die and hand the mantle to Wally? Could be cool but I hope there aren’t any more outside heroes in Legacy.