Page 141 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2503

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Jurassic World lost its' director already. It's not making its' date and it was incredibly stupid move to put it there.
    Legacy will be fine.
    There’s no way they can turn around a good movie in that time span lol. Don’t have a script, a director, a cast, and the dinos CGI is going to look awful. Either they fold and move it or it gets ripped to shreds, and this time they won’t have Chris Pratt or the original JW cast to help bail out a bad movie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I still waiting on the physical threat. ItÂ’s not the Authority IÂ’m sure. Maybe Bizarro?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    No one should be expecting Superman Legacy to make a billion. Hopefully that includes WBD who expected MOS to do so which was ridiculous. The most recent JW film however did make more than a billion. Superman as a film IP has struggled for decades and the goal of SL should be (though in some ways it seems it is not) to rebuild/reinvigorate the franchise. For SL to be a financial success it needs to make 700 - 750 million give or take which would match The Batman but actually fall short of MOS factoring in inflation.
    If it doesn’t have any major competition i think it will do well. Not so much because people are tripping over themselves to see a Superman movie but because of the curiosity in seeing how James Gunn handles Superman and his world. Plus it’s going to be hyped as the start of a new era with a ton of superhero cameos.

If it gets good reviews (as most of Gunn’s work has) I think it has potential to hit $700-$800 million or so.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The reaction to first trailers and buzz will decide if people are excited for the movie.Ultimatly effecting the opening
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The reaction to first trailers and buzz will decide if people are excited for the movie.Ultimatly effecting the opening
    The reaction to the Flash trailer was big (Michael Keaton saying the “I’m Batman” line) and it had a lot of buzz. That didn’t help it at the box office.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Another factor will be the Superman costume and how it's received. If it becomes controversial/made fun of that is a problem. Especially so given all the costumed heroes in SL and how their costumes are seen (cooler or not) relative to that of Superman.

the engineer2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The reaction to the Flash trailer was big (Michael Keaton saying the “I’m Batman” line) and it had a lot of buzz. That didn’t help it at the box office.
    Exactly. As good as the marketing is the WOM from the first weekend will make or break a film. MOS was highly anticipated, had great numbers its first weekend but collapsed after that given the poor reception. If MOS had had a normal film retention, it would have made 850 million or so in its run. Some sites were predicting that based on the weekend's number. But:

"It also broke Toy Story 3's record ($110.3 million) for the highest weekend debut in June (the record was again broken two years later by Jurassic World's opening gross of $208.8 million).[154][155] However, on its second weekend, Man of Steel's box office fell almost 65%–68% if the Thursday night gross is included—putting it in third place, behind Monsters University and World War Z. Box Office Mojo called it an "abnormally large drop," close to the second-weekend decline for Green Lantern."

If Superman Legacy is promoted as a Superman film in trailers and ads but ends up having a large amount of screentime devoted to the JLI characters (as some suspect) that will hurt the WOM. Truth in advertising is crucial. If the plot is underwhelming/the villain(s) are second tier or Corenswet (in particular) does not engage audiences that will hurt WOM. Audiences will go in with expectations based on the marketing and Gunn needs to deliver on those expectations. Argylle fell victim to this. Cavill was heavily promoted in the marketing but ended up having just a small presence in the film and that contributed to Argylle bombing.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-10-2024 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s no way they can turn around a good movie in that time span lol. Don’t have a script, a director, a cast, and the dinos CGI is going to look awful. Either they fold and move it or it gets ripped to shreds, and this time they won’t have Chris Pratt or the original JW cast to help bail out a bad movie.
    Good. That franchise needs to be put out of its misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Another factor will be the Superman costume and how it's received. If it becomes controversial/made fun of that is a problem. Especially so given all the costumed heroes in SL and how their costumes are seen (cooler or not) relative to that of Superman.

the engineer2.jpg
    They should give Corenswet the Christopher Reeve Costume. That is the classic Superman costume, if an actor is not able to carry it with grace, he is not fit to be Superman.
    Last edited by out of control; 02-10-2024 at 01:01 PM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I still waiting on the physical threat. ItÂ’s not the Authority IÂ’m sure. Maybe Bizarro?
    You keep asking but trust that minute Gunn reveals there’s another villain in the movie, this thread will have that info. We didn’t know Starro was the big bad of TSS until the first trailer dropped, perhaps Legacy will be the same. Otherwise the most likely physical threat outside of the Authority is Lobo (given Momoa has been all but announced as cast) or Brainiac.
    Quote Originally Posted by out of control View Post
    They should give Corenswet the Christopher Reeve Costume. That is the classic Superman costume, if an actor is not able to carry it with grace, he is not fit to be Superman.
    We saw with the Flash flopping that nostalgia is not going to get people in theaters. It’s time for something new - new costume, new actor, new theme.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

You keep asking but trust that minute Gunn reveals there’s another villain in the movie, this thread will have that info. We didn’t know Starro was the big bad of TSS until the first trailer dropped, perhaps Legacy will be the same. Otherwise the most likely physical threat outside of the Authority is Lobo (given Momoa has been all but announced as cast) or Brainiac.

We saw with the Flash flopping that nostalgia is not going to get people in theaters. It’s time for something new - new costume, new actor, new theme.
    It will be hard to keep any casting for the villain a secret. We didn’t know about Staro because it was a giant CGI character.

I hope the main threat isn’t just The Authority. Though it could be kinda interesting as they could actually represent the heroes of the DCEU with their willingness to kill and not care about causing massive collateral damage (see MoS fight scene). It could be Gunn’s way of differentiating his new DCU from the old universe. Have his Superman try to take any fights to unpopulated areas and actually try to save people from any destruction being caused.

I think we’re all hoping for Brainiac but that may be too big/expensive for an already big cast of characters. I’d be happy just as long as he’s teased as the main real threat looming.

It will be hard to keep any casting for the villain a secret. We didn’t know about Staro because it was a giant CGI character.

I hope the main threat isn’t just The Authority. Though it could be kinda interesting as they could actually represent the heroes of the DCEU with their willingness to kill and not care about causing massive collateral damage (see MoS fight scene). It could be Gunn’s way of differentiating his new DCU from the old universe. Have his Superman try to take any fights to unpopulated areas and actually try to save people from any destruction being caused.

I think we’re all hoping for Brainiac but that may be too big/expensive for an already big cast of characters. I’d be happy just as long as he’s teased as the main real threat looming.
    Went and checked and we didn’t find out Kurt Russel was in the GOTG 2 film until they actually started shooting and we didn’t find out he was Ego until SDCC 2016. The Authority might very well end up being the only physical threat, we’ll have to wait and see. If not then I wager we won’t find out who the real threat is until Gunn is ready to put out a trailer. I’m content to wait and see what he makes, and let the Superman Twitter account citing Brainiac as an influence on the film keep me hopeful.

If it doesn’t have any major competition i think it will do well. Not so much because people are tripping over themselves to see a Superman movie but because of the curiosity in seeing how James Gunn handles Superman and his world. Plus it’s going to be hyped as the start of a new era with a ton of superhero cameos.

If it gets good reviews (as most of Gunn’s work has) I think it has potential to hit $700-$800 million or so.
    Following the July 4 weekend by a week means SL will have major competition. If not JW, then something else. A Disney event film has been rumored to possibly debut that weekend. Maybe Superman Legacy should have laid claim to July 4th? At least they should push the debut off a week to July 18th giving it a 2-week cushion just in case the other film turns out to be huge.

Untitled Disney event film July 2, 2025
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-10-2024 at 05:22 PM.

And we also saw how the Snyder Films with that kind of new Superman failed in the box office.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

David Leitch Not Directing Next ‘Jurassic World’ Movie After Talks Fall Through

Looks like Superman might have July 2025 to himself after all.