Page 138 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2503

This one feels like it could be used in a Superman movie:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Right now I'm wanting a new theme for Superman: Legacy. Don't get me wrong the John Williams is an all time classic and the score for most Superman and related movies and TV shows have been remixes of that theme. I feel a new Superman will get a more classical film score.

Now I get that Gunn wants to share his love of songs but after the Guardians of the Galaxy trilogy, The GotG Christmas Special, The Suicide Squad, and Peacemaker I'm getting a little tied of listening to songs from his playlist, I would like a new Superman score that isn't a remix of Williams classic, the 90s animated series, Superman and Lois and My Adventures with Superman and I really don't want anything that even remotely resembles the annoying noise that Hans Zimmer calls music did for MoS.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 02-04-2024 at 03:48 PM.

Ginger Jimmy Olsen. Gizondo won't exactly be the first. In Superboy Andy McAllister had red highlights. WB wouldn't allow the use of the Jimmy Olsen name in the series but he was defacto Jimmy Olsen,

jimmy olsen.jpg

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Guy Gardner
    Hawkgirl
    Metamorpho
    Mr. Terrific

Who else is confirmed for Legacy?
    The Engineer from The Authority is confirmed. Supergirl is semi-confirmed to be in Legacy.

At this point, I'm wholly expecting Ted Kord and Booster Gold to make appearances in this supposed Superman solo with an ever expanding roster of JL guest stars.
    Superman fans' reaction when they'll find out Gunn has cast one of his friends as Booster Gold long before casting Superman:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-04-2024 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Right now I'm wanting a new theme for Superman: Legacy. Don't get me wrong the John Williams is an all time classic and the score for most Superman and related movies and TV shows have been remixes of that theme. I feel a new Superman will get a more classical film score.

Now I get that Gunn wants to share his love of songs but after the Guardians of the Galaxy trilogy, The GotG Christmas Special, The Suicide Squad, and Peacemaker I'm getting a little tied of listening to songs from his playlist, I would like a new Superman score that isn't a remix of Williams classic, the 90s animated series, Superman and Lois and My Adventures with Superman and I really don't want anything that even remotely resembles the annoying noise that Hans Zimmer calls music did for MoS.
    The licensed music does tend to overshadow the score in Guardians, although with TSS I actually remember the score and can’t remember any of the licensed tracks at all. Probably will get something more in TSS vein with Superman. Listening to Rosenbaum’s interview with Gunn and Gunn actually explained that his music choices aren’t always what he himself likes, but what he thinks best suits the movie. His favorite genre personally is punk rock, I kinda want to see him give his Superman similar taste in music.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    The Engineer is in it. The actress posted a pic w/Gunn as she's in Atlanta prepping for her fight scenes. Other Authority members are possible but at this point it's getting ridiculous so Gunn can't afford to announce more. SL is being made fun of on social media for just this reason and that doesn't help. At least give us Brainiac. Lex Luthor as the only true Superman villain in SL doesn't cut it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Engineer from The Authority is confirmed. Supergirl is semi-confirmed to be in Legacy.

Superman fans' reaction when they'll find out Gunn has cast one of his friends as Booster Gold long before casting Superman:

Something similar to that has already happened.

You know who we all forgot about? Sean Gunn.

James cast his brother to place Maxwell Lord for the DCU. He'll presumably be in Legacy as well.

Mark my words. I swear Legacy will end up being a trapdoor pilot for a JLI movie.

Finally listened to the Rosenbaum/Gunn interview:

-Zaslav actually came to Gunn and asked him to run DC solo, Gunn wasn’t interested but he came around to the idea of running DC jointly with Peter Safran
    -He wanted to do a Hulk movie
    -Doing a space opera was his biggest dream and he let himself give a **** about Guardians instead of keeping an emotional distance like he had with previous movies
    -Rosenbaum asks him how does he write a character like Superman who has no flaws compared to someone flawed like the Guardians, Gunn pushes back on that and says Superman *does* have flaws
    -He actually relates his journey to Superman, he was more anxious writing Guardians than he is writing Superman
    -Reads comics he loves for pleasures, some runs he reads that aren’t personal favorites but he mines them for ideas
    -He thinks people are fatigued with repetition, moreso than superheroes in general
    -His entire life he had been trying to win love and fame, and the day he lost the Guardians 3 gig was the first time he actually felt it because it was when he had no power, and all his friends/families showed up to comfort him
    -Pressure of making a Superman movie was intense at the start of the writing the script, but once he was done all the tension is gone because he loves the script
    -Superman and Clark Kent are two different characters to him
    -DCU to him is an alternate history where you can have fun with the setting like Westeros
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-05-2024 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Finally listened to the Rosenbaum/Gunn interview:

-Zaslav actually came to Gunn and asked him to run DC solo, Gunn wasn’t interested but he came around to the idea of running DC jointly with Peter Safran
    -He wanted to do a Hulk movie
    -Doing a space opera was his biggest dream and he let himself give a **** about Guardians instead of keeping an emotional distance like he had with previous movies
    -Rosenbaum asks him how does he write a character like Superman who has no flaws compared to someone flawed like the Guardians, Gunn pushes back on that and says Superman *does* have flaws
    -He actually relates his journey to Superman, he was more anxious writing Guardians than he is writing Superman
    -Reads comics he loves for pleasures, some runs he reads that aren’t personal favorites but he mines them for ideas
    -He thinks people are fatigued with repetition, moreso than superheroes in general
    -His entire life he had been trying to win love and fame, and the day he lost the Guardians 3 gig was the first time he actually felt it because it was when he had no power, and all his friends/families showed up to comfort him
    -Pressure of making a Superman movie was intense at the start of the writing the script, but once he was done all the script is gone because he loves the script
    -DCU to him is an alternate history where you can have fun with the setting like Westeros
    I'm not sure if he'd give Hulk fans the movie they want...

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Music to my ears.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think disney will ever make a horror with hulk movie.Besides,i don't think people will care.i love hulk.But,the character is not realistic in the sense that he is a giant green ogre.Yet,the things bruce endures like childhood abuse, patricide,death of mother,being shunned/outcast,trauma, powerlessness, destructive impulses,mental illness..etc.These are too gritty and close to home than escapism which the superhero fantasy provide.Audiences can get behind a guy feeling that(daredevil or batman).I think audiences can't connect with this giant green thing feeling all that.comics provides a level impersonal feeling while movies have people lkke you.Then again things have changed.technology has evolved

Ang lee hulk provided best scene in hulk for me with that mirror scene.
    The sheer powerlessness..The guy feels isn't just close to home.It's daily life for people.Also, love the bullet to head scene which was cut from hulk movie in 2008.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-05-2024 at 11:12 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Also mentioned that one thing he likes about DC that Marvel doesn’t have is the secret identities. He likes that fantastical element, makes me wonder if Legacy might be the first Superman product in a while to go beginning to end without Lois discovering the secret. My own preference is that Jimmy knows and Lois doesn’t for Legacy, with a hypothetical Superman II being where Lois finds out.

Literally could not do a worse job than the MCU did for me at least.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

James cast his brother to place Maxwell Lord for the DCU. He'll presumably be in Legacy as well.

Mark my words. I swear Legacy will end up being a trapdoor pilot for a JLI movie.
    Yeah, Sean Gunn was listed by Deadline to appear in Legacy:

"Superman Legacy is gearing up to start filming in March and is set to premiere in theaters on July 11, 2025, with the cast also including Nicholas Hoult as Lex Luthor and María Gabriela de Faría as The Engineer. The ensemble includes Skyler Gisondo, Sara Sampaio, Sean Gunn, Edi Gathegi, Anthony Carrigan, Isabel Merced and Nathan Fillion."
    https://deadline.com/2024/01/james-g...te-1235810174/

I do expect the new DCU's JL being a large group with the usual A-listers of the team mixed with the C and D listers Gunn likes so much.

Also mentioned that one thing he likes about DC that Marvel doesn’t have is the secret identities. He likes that fantastical element, makes me wonder if Legacy might be the first Superman product in a while to go beginning to end without Lois discovering the secret. My own preference is that Jimmy knows and Lois doesn’t for Legacy, with a hypothetical Superman II being where Lois finds out.
    That surprises me even if I don't disagree.

I hope this means Clark won't be revealing his identity to people left and right. Makes me wonder how they'll handle Hal, John, Kara, and Diana when she shows up.
    Literally could not do a worse job than the MCU did for me at least.
    I can't argue with that.

Yeah, Superman Legacy is a setup for JLI (sort of a pilot as you mention) but also a setup for these heroes to get solos. JLI likely won't come until Chapter 2 but if audiences love Metamorpho, Mr. Terrific, The Engineer and the others (Gunn is going to make the characters as "cool" as he can) then maybe the DCU team-up comes earlier. BTW, Xolo M. just hinted he'll be in a project soon Speculation is a sequel to Blue Beetle which has been rumored. If he is right, then Gunn may be annoucing the rest of Chapter 1 sooner than I thought. It'll be fascinating to see the list of projects and reactions to it.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-06-2024 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, Sean Gunn was listed by Deadline to appear in Legacy:

"Superman Legacy is gearing up to start filming in March and is set to premiere in theaters on July 11, 2025, with the cast also including Nicholas Hoult as Lex Luthor and María Gabriela de Faría as The Engineer. The ensemble includes Skyler Gisondo, Sara Sampaio, Sean Gunn, Edi Gathegi, Anthony Carrigan, Isabel Merced and Nathan Fillion."
    https://deadline.com/2024/01/james-g...te-1235810174/

I do expect the new DCU's JL being a large group with the usual A-listers of the team mixed with the C and D listers Gunn likes so much.
    Deadline might just be assuming but I wouldn’t be surprised since the JLI will clearly be the League that exists for Legacy. My hunch is they will fall apart confronting the Center in the climax to Chapter 1, paving the way for the Morrison “Big 7” JL to step up and take their place. I’m assuming part of Legacy will involve the JLI goofballs clashing with the “serious” Authority/Stormwatch team who treats them with contempt, with Superman caught between the groups and not wanting to be part of either.
    That surprises me even if I don't disagree.

I hope this means Clark won't be revealing his identity to people left and right. Makes me wonder how they'll handle Hal, John, Kara, and Diana when she shows up.

I can't argue with that.
    The ones who traditionally don’t have a secret identity likely won’t have one in the DCU. Diana probably won’t given how it’s not a big part of her status quo since Post Crisis. Hal and John might depending on the nature of their investigations, perhaps they’re undercover as Lanterns. Kara won’t but her movie takes out in space so it won’t matter I reckon.