Page 165 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2504

spoilers:
    Personally, meta commentary is the last thing I want to see from this movie. So I hope they don't have evil Superman appear for the sake of the real Superman beating him up to show that evil Superman isn't as good a concept as good Superman or whatever. I just want a good, original Superman story.
    end of spoilers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    spoilers:
    While Superman, or any other movie superhero, fighting their dark double has been done to death, I would like to see Clark beat the tar out of a dark Superman analogue. I'm generally just sick of Homelander and Omni-man being hero worshipped by people who miss the point of these characters. I remember at the end of the Boys Season 2, I felt so satisfied to see a Nazi get beat the hell up, because Nazis should get beat the hell up. I think I'd feel similar catharsis watching a dark Superman analogue get worked over. However, I bet any working over will be tempered by grace and mercy, because that's how our Clark rolls. You love to see it.

I can see Lex creating his Ultraman to have him lead The Authority. Then you get to give you audience everything they think they want - a dark, cynical Superman leading an edgy cool superhero team. Only for that team to be found wanting, their Superman to be unequal to his tasks and for the real Superman to be earth's only hope.
    end of spoilers
    By that logic the concept of superman itself isn't something to be admired depending you stand.I would prefer ultraman than the savior then
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-05-2024 at 11:30 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Definitely hate the idea of treating this as a meta thing, though I suppose it's inevitable if they're going with spoilers:
    a clone of Superman as one of the villains of the story, be that Ultraman or Bizarro or Ultraman devolving into Bizarro. Additionally, as said before, I think having that for the big action scene would be routine at this point. The very last live action solo Superman movie had Kryptonian vs Kryptonian already.
    end of spoilers

So yeah, I wish Gunn had gone with a different choice (if this is indeed what he ends up doing in the movie). He might still surprise me and do something radically different, though. And I definitely don't expect him to go into the most annoying meta territories into which this could go.
    Last edited by Quinlan58; 04-05-2024 at 10:58 AM.

spoilers:
    Why would they go with a Superman clone and call it Ultraman instead of Bizarro? Unless he becomes Bizarro but then you'd be wasting Ultraman before doing anything with Earth-3.

Though I do think starting off with an evil Superman clone is a bit too on-the-nose and cliche'd.
    end of spoilers

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    By that logic the concept of superman itself isn't something to be admired depending you stand.I would prefer ultraman than the savior then
    You're reading too much into a throwaway observation about being sick of hero figures turned into murderers. Not for nothing, but I also said Clark would be kind and merciful in the end and that I'd like to see that.

And for the record, there's nothing wrong with wanting to see reprehensible people take a few hits. It becomes villainous when you revel in cruelty.

I think I can see where Gunn is going here.

spoilers:
    Luthor clones Superman to create a perfect version of him. Calls him Ultraman. Eventually the clone starts to deteriorate and turns into Bizarro. And Superman finally manages to stop him by reasoning with him.

I don't see Gunn just doing "the real Superman beats the **** out of Homelander/Omni-Man/Injustice Superman/Snyder's Superman/whoever". This would be more in line with the themes of his GoTG movies and even The Suicide Squad.

Lex Luthor would basically be playing the same role as Ego or the High Evolutionary, both of whom played God trying to create a "perfect" version of the world.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 04-05-2024 at 12:08 PM.

You're reading too much into a throwaway observation about being sick of hero figures turned into murderers. Not for nothing, but I also said Clark would be kind and merciful in the end and that I'd like to see that.

And for the record, there's nothing wrong with wanting to see reprehensible people take a few hits. It becomes villainous when you revel in cruelty.
    Ok then.They are only hero figures because you assigned a great value to em and with your morality.If i don't see it,i would do whatever i want.These are just ink and paper characters.but,i get it

I didn't say nothing about your want of anyone getting hit.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Of course, Gunn has been spammed by people asking him if it's true and hasn't answered.

https://www.threads.net/@jamesgunn/post/C5ZH42rvmvh

I would have asked him if we are ever going to see Superman battle anyone outside of Luthor and Zod. Brainiac is LONG overdue.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    While Superman, or any other movie superhero, fighting their dark double has been done to death, I would like to see Clark beat the tar out of a dark Superman analogue. I'm generally just sick of Homelander and Omni-man being hero worshipped by people who miss the point of these characters. I remember at the end of the Boys Season 2, I felt so satisfied to see a Nazi get beat the hell up, because Nazis should get beat the hell up. I think I'd feel similar catharsis watching a dark Superman analogue get worked over. However, I bet any working over will be tempered by grace and mercy, because that's how our Clark rolls. You love to see it.

I can see Lex creating his Ultraman to have him lead The Authority. Then you get to give you audience everything they think they want - a dark, cynical Superman leading an edgy cool superhero team. Only for that team to be found wanting, their Superman to be unequal to his tasks and for the real Superman to be earth's only hope.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I would love to see Supes beat the crap out of Homelander. The guy's just despicable.
    end of spoilers
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Non answer. I always said Gunn should put his phone down and stop responding to every rumor because now it's hard to trust him.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Going to be honest the response makes me feel there's probably a grain of truth to Ultraman rumor as Gunn in the past has directly shut down similiar "leaks" with simple Yes or No reply, it did seem weird with all casting and how close they are to production that there were no other villains announced as while I don't doubt Gunn's claim that Lex is the "main villain" it still leaves the question who is Clark suppose to be actually fighting in this film.

Also legit question are all these spoiler tags even necessary given this is all still just rumors and speculation?
    Last edited by walk; 04-05-2024 at 03:59 PM.

Not a “no” like the Two-Face rumor lol. It’s the drawback of being open and responding to people, any time you don’t completely rule something out it means people are going to take it as a yes.

spoilers:
    Doing Superman vs. Evil Superman with Lex in the mix is lame. It’s nothing new that we haven’t seen before, you could at the very least have put Metallo in the position that Engineer is in and give us hardcore Superman fans something to look forward to. Or you could just do Brainiac instead a dumb meta story where Superman beats up Homelander as an FU to all the Boys/Injustice fanboys. Funny as that is, Superman fighting Brainiac would do a far better job of making him cool. I am convinced that Superman 2025 will probably be a repeat of GOTG 1 at this point. I think Gunn will nail Superman, Lois, Jimmy, and the supporting cast, but the villains will be the weakest part. I reckon this will also end with a tease of Brainiac to set up a sequel.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Going to be honest the response makes me feel there's probably a grain of truth to Ultraman rumor as Gunn in the past has directly shut down similiar "leaks" with simple Yes or No reply, it did seem weird with all casting and how close they are to production that there were no other villains announced as while I don't doubt Gunn's claim that Lex is the "main villain" it still leaves the question who is Clark suppose to be actually fighting in this film.

Also legit question are all these spoiler tags even necessary given this is all still just rumors and speculation?
    Just in case they’re accurate I think putting them in spoiler tags is proper. Course if you’re coming to a Superman fan forum for hardcore discussions about the character and entering a thread to follow all the latest news/gossip on his upcoming movie, one could argue you’re asking for spoilers at this point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I wonder if the company will ever fall into "cyclops was right" pit with supermna.where they try to create a villain.only for people to rally behind the villain.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wonder if the company will ever fall into "cyclops was right" pit with supermna.where they try to create a villain.only for people to rally behind the villain.
    There are always people like that, its just something that happens with villains.

Its not really worth thinking about unless people start making an ass of themselves.