Page 40 of 167 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    By people you meant us right? Cause GA won’t really care.
    Superman/Lois lane romance pretty much transcends the medium. It's a part of the pop culture now, just like Romeo/Juliet. GA will notice the lack of it and it won't be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Movie can end like this.lois breaks clark's heart because clark was a doofus with all the secrets and lies..he then sits drinking some vodka(poor guy can't even get drunk) to find a gal with blonde hair and blue eyes triping over(like glasses guy). Realising clark just met the gal he just met in his hallucination with the plant.clark quickly jumps in with superspeed not caring for secret id nonsense..afterwards ask for a date as he winks at the camera.

There you go..lois is the star of the show..But,lyla is queen of Clark's heart.
    That sounds pretty random .

I am curious about having Clark in a relationship with Livewire or Volcana before she becomes a villian. I liked Landis giving him a past with Cheetah in American Alien so I'd do something similar with one of those two.

And you could use Maxima to deconstruct the Superman and WW pairing from the New 52.

I could see a early career Livewire romance, before she gets powers and goes completely off the wall and when Clark was still rough around the edges himself. I think she's enough of a misfit they'd both feel comfortable, both don't trust authority ('Wire far more than Clark, but still), similar musical taste, both want to use their platforms to influence people because they don't always like what they see outside their window.

Obviously it'd be a time bomb doomed from the start and a super (ha!) messy breakup (especially if 'Wire has just gotten powers), but that'd be half the fun.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Superman/Lois lane romance pretty much transcends the medium. It's a part of the pop culture now, just like Romeo/Juliet. GA will notice the lack of it and it won't be positive.
    I honestly doubt it. And we have already been there done that. I don’t mind it ending like that but try to do something different this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Haven’t you been hoping for some of Morrison’s Action run to be an influence alongside me? That too would cause some people to complain because it’s not wholesome SuperJesus the way pop culture sees Superman. Look the only “safe” thing at this point would be to trot out CGI Chris Reeve and have him rescue kittens, with the occasional saluting of the flag, while the Williams Superman theme plays on repeat. But that would be boring and it would flop because despite what people say, they don’t actually want that. If people accepted Batman films where he’s not dating Catwoman, and Spider-Man films where he’s not dating MJ, as long as Lois is in the movie and treated right, I don’t believe there would be any major complaints from the general public.

This is a young Superman, people can understand and accept that he and Lois aren’t a couple as long as it’s shown that they’re interested in each other. Long as he isn’t dating WW (and even there most of the backlash would be from Clois/WonderBat shippers who like all shippers are a tiny minority) I think most people would be fine. We’ll get there eventually but it’s a 10 year plan, so you either have to sign up for the long term or stay away.

And we do need to see new stuff because we’re coming off the previous failed reboot which rushed through all of the major stories: Origin, death, turn to evil, Clois marriage and kid. Sure it was done as poorly as could be but it was still done. Trick is not replaying the classics but keeping enough of the old to show you *get* Superman while doing enough new to convince people who think they have the character pinned down as boring, or overpowered, or perfect, or whatever that there’s a whole side to him that the Snyder movies failed to capture.
    I’m with Vordan. We already done Lois and Clark romance. Try something new before you get to it again.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That sounds pretty random .
    Not really random if clark met her in his dreams...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I could see a early career Livewire romance, before she gets powers and goes completely off the wall and when Clark was still rough around the edges himself. I think she's enough of a misfit they'd both feel comfortable, both don't trust authority ('Wire far more than Clark, but still), similar musical taste, both want to use their platforms to influence people because they don't always like what they see outside their window.

Obviously it'd be a time bomb doomed from the start and a super (ha!) messy breakup (especially if 'Wire has just gotten powers), but that'd be half the fun.
    My reasoning for wanting it exactly. Could have Lois meanwhile fending off Corben before he becomes Metallo so you get the battle of the evil exs down the road
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't think we're going to get a Superbro here.

Extraordinary Member

And I'd argue Idealistic Supes pairs infinitely better with a more cynical, sassy, and Golden-Age/Post-Crisis type of Lois Lane, where she's got enough fire and attitude the audience doesn't really need to ask if Clark likes her (and where the audience ight fall for her just as hard), and where the contrast between her cynicism, acidic wit, and occasionally acerbic demeanor with Clark's warmth and optimism is more comedically and pseudo-antagonistically played.

I just don't care for any of the Donners-esque or Silver age style versions of Lois, and where even Morrison tended to invoke that, they're story kind of underwhelmed, since you could easily keep more 'tude in Lois and d the same tory immediately better.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

There's actually a whole lot of nothing in these comments. No (mainline) version of Clark *wants* to hurt anyone, he's always looking to save people, not punish them. Including the Golden Age social crusader. He didn't like hurting people either, though he'd find plenty of other ways to throw his weight around.

Only thing that really stood out as telling us anything was Gunn saying that he's not writing a full-blown All-Star style semi-pacifist but that the story is a major influence. Which we already knew, but now we know they're not going 100% All-Star with it.

My reasoning for wanting it exactly. Could have Lois meanwhile fending off Corben before he becomes Metallo so you get the battle of the evil exs down the road
    I could definitely see a "jilted lovers" story where Livewire and Metallo team up to take down their ex's.

Not a bad way to keep "Clark" relevant to the story, keep Lois engaged in the main plot, and create a conflict that's about more than just good v. evil, and motivations that're more down to earth than the crazy goals most Super villains have, like genocide or taking over the universe.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-15-2023 at 01:46 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I dig the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    There's actually a whole lot of nothing in these comments. No (mainline) version of Clark *wants* to hurt anyone, he's always looking to save people, not punish them. Including the Golden Age social crusader. He didn't like hurting people either, though he'd find plenty of other ways to throw his weight around.

Only thing that really stood out as telling us anything was Gunn saying that he's not writing a full-blown All-Star style semi-pacifist but that the story is a major influence. Which we already knew, but now we know they're not going 100% All-Star with it.
    I'm really hoping this is the same thing going on with Supergirl. I don't really want a direct adaptation of the book. Heavily influenced, fine, but the story verbatim I don't think really works as a film. The co-star of that book is someone no one will care about, so I'm hoping the journey is based off of something different, centering on Kara herself. I'm hoping for kinda a prequel deal, where she's doing before or during the events of Legacy and what she finds will lead her to Kal.

In any case, back to Superman, I kinda wish Gunn would drop the "galoot" verbiage, but I'm trying not to read too much into it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-15-2023 at 01:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm really hoping this is the same thing going on with Supergirl. I don't really want a direct adaptation of the book. Heavily influenced, fine, but the story verbatim I don't think really works as a film. The co-star of that book is someone no one will care about, so I'm hoping the journey is based off of something different, centering on Kara herself. I'm hoping for kinda a prequel deal, where she's doing before or during the events of Legacy and what she finds will lead her to Kal.

In any case, back to Superman, I kinda wish Gunn would drop the "galoot" verbiage, but I'm trying not to read too much into it.
    The original pitch for Supergirl: WoT was her and Lobo teaming up. If Momoa isn’t playing Lobo for Legacy, I could see King retooling his original idea for the movie, and Lobo showing up there. I expect WoT will be more of a “traditional” origin story, with Kara starting out on Argo and eventually making her way to Earth to reunite with Kal.

As for Legacy, Gunn is the king of saying a lot that gives nothing away . He won’t even commit to being the director despite everyone being certain he will be. We won’t really know what the deal with the movie until he starts casting/trailers come out. He shared a pic of Siegel & Shuster on Twitter, wonder if he’s reading any Golden Age stuff?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/