Page 94 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2502
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Real eyebrow raiser is Gustin, is he actually going to cast him in the DCU? Maybe even as Barry, just to have Barry die and hand the mantle to Wally? Could be cool but I hope there aren’t any more outside heroes in Legacy.
    I think he followed both Gustin and Leslie Grace already years ago.

EDIT: Gunn even bothered to explain it lmao: https://www.threads.net/@jamesgunn/post/Cvk-w5kSX9a
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-06-2023 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I understand but that’s just what Gunn did with Gaddot right now which leaves a sour taste in my mouth tbh. WTF is going on ? Reboot everything including Gadot.
    Gunn has not denied it and if you look at his comments re: Gal going back months ago he said she was not let go/fired. Gadot must have had an OK from WB to say what she said.

What is going on? It makes economic sense and, if true, was probably Zaslav's doing. Gadot is easily the most popular actor from Snyder's DCEU. WW3 could be huge and give Gunn's DCU the blockbuster success it needs to get off the ground. So yeah, I think Gunn will announce a WW film (trilogy?) with the first film being a reboot. If Gal is back don't rule out a cameo in Superman Legacy in an effort to boost that film which looks a bit shaky at this point. Hawkgirl is in SL and if Gal's WW is in this universe, then it's a no-brainer.

Think of The Force Awakened where the previous star actor was used as an anchor for the new incoming actors. That is what may be going on here. Corenswet's casting has not set the world on fire. The jury is out on whether the actor to be cast as Batman will do that but, until then, it makes complete sense to have Gal's Wonder Woman be the core/face of the DCU.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-05-2023 at 06:01 PM.

I’m still surprised David still hasn’t said anything. He is probably training for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I’m still surprised David still hasn’t said anything. He is probably training for the role.
    I don’t think they are allowed to with the strike.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/g...nt-1235693545/

All the hand wringing was for nothing.

The sources added to Variety that nothing was ever promised to Gadot regarding “Wonder Woman 3,” nor was there any definitive discussion of Gadot’s Wonder Woman continuing with the new DC Universe. Gunn and Safran gave a presentation at the start of the year unveiling the first titles in their new DC Universe, including “Superman: Legacy,” and they continue to be laser focused on these new films.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don’t think they are allowed to with the strike.
    They’re not. I already told him that . Corenswet can’t do or say anything until the strike ends.

See you next time the usual suspects want to doompost about how Legacy is an flop and they should just make Batman films.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Besides being the wrong person to write (or direct) a Superman film, Gunn is the wrong person to be heading a studio. His repeated stumbles are hurting the DCU brand at a time when it's struggling to get past the DCEU mess. As noted in the podcast, Gunn's rep has taken hits over the bad situations with Cavill, Johnson, Affleck, Ayer and now Gadot. WB Studios can't afford to keep embarrassing actors or a point will come when actors won't want to work with the studio.

Gadot vs Gunn
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-12-2023 at 10:41 AM.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Uh oh.

Yes it is actually. There is NO design where he actually looks good minus the trunks.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Uh oh.

Yes it is actually. There is NO design where he actually looks good minus the trunks.

Sigh.
    Your opinion, but I can’t agree that the Superman Reborn, Electric Blue, Beyond, Black (Solar) or Authority suits weren’t good. The fighting over the trunks makes me hope he goes with a design that doesn’t have them. A new film take should have the freedom to modernize or rework Superman’s suit, Routh’s suit had the trunks and looked awful.
    Last edited by Vordan; 08-14-2023 at 01:38 PM.

I think we're probably either going to get a suit like MAWS or S&L.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we're probably either going to get a suit like MAWS or S&L.

This is basically what I want, just a thicker red belt. Cavill’s suit was fine, it just needed a belt to break up the blue and to not have all the color drained from it.

I prefer the trunks, but the Superman & Lois suit looks good. But I think it would look better with some brighter colors. The suit from this past season was probably the best version of it. It can work, you just need something to break up the middle a little bit.

I think regardless of the design, the colors will not be the muted looks of Man of Steel or Superman & Lois. The coloring is way more important to me than the trunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

This is basically what I want, just a thicker red belt. Cavill’s suit was fine, it just needed a belt to break up the blue and to not have all the color drained from it.
    that whole movie needs didnt need to be that muted. The black S symbol in a good movie would be cool although I would rather have the red as the border
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Snyder wanted the trunks at all cost and tried hundreds of designs with them before giving up because they didn't fit with the world they were creating. Really hope Gunn's "hundreds of designs" aren't all attempts to make the trunks work.