Page 155 of 167 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2503

Mr. Terrific actor has been working out too.

Gunn debunks another Grace claim.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Anecdotal. You can only speak on your own perspective because of your own biases, and since I have none, I know it's immature to characterize an entire fanbase as one thing or another thing. Some rowdy people that made you upset on twitter don't represent millions of fans and they don't diminish all the good they did in the interim between JL17 and the release of ZSJL. I know better than to say all Gunn fans are one way, or all Star Wars ST fans are another way, because the very nature of these fanbases are fluid. "Plenty of dumbass nitpicking," but you're scrolling on twitter of all places, you and I post on CBR, how are we not dumbasses nitpicking? If you don't see why it's sad and unfair to portray an entire fanbase as one thing than I can't help you
    LMAOOOOOO ok buddy.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-01-2024 at 02:18 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    LMAOOOOOO ok buddy.
    Opinions/biases......I wouldn't allow my opinions to influence my feelings over an entire fanbase. For example, I dislike a lot of the MCU and have had plenty of disagreements with MCU fans, but I could never allow myself to say all MCU fans are a cult or something to that effect, that would be disengenous and it would be hurtful to the MCU fans who aren't cruel or mean. Do you see what I'm saying?

Maybe it's hopeless but I hope some of yall can grow up and stop trying to create divisions where there are none. A few assholes on twitter (run by the biggest ******* of them all) shouldn't be allowed to represent an entire fanbase of millions of people, and we as (hopefully) adults should be able to look beyond that and embrace all fanbases, even for work that is divisive.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Someone edited it to have a black background and I almost wish Gunn had gone that route. However I have a theory: despite Gunn insisting that posting KC art wasn’t meant as a tease, I think that isn’t true. Clearly it’s an influence on his approach to the character. People have been asking why Damian is being introduced but Jon isn’t, and I think the answer is “Ibn” exists in Kingdom Come while Jon obviously doesn’t. I think Kingdom Come is actually the Endgame storyline for this DCU.
    Will be? I just got developted the hypotesis than Legacy... sorry than Superman (2025) will be something like"Superman comes to the Wildstorm Universe" as in, if you rmemeber Kingdom Come was a world of cynism and violence than lacked a Superman. Wildstorm in that aspect resembles that concept, as a spawn of the same time. But then Superman instead returning is debuting in this dark universe.
    Definitely a different take. But a possibility.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Will be? I just got developted the hypotesis than Legacy... sorry than Superman (2025) will be something like"Superman comes to the Wildstorm Universe" as in, if you rmemeber Kingdom Come was a world of cynism and violence than lacked a Superman. Wildstorm in that aspect resembles that concept, as a spawn of the same time. But then Superman instead returning is debuting in this dark universe.
    Definitely a different take. But a possibility.
    Yes my initial take and one I think could still be true is that it’s an inversed Kingdom Come with a young Superman rebelling against the old guard. However Gunn says that Superman is “compatriots” with Mr. Terrific, Hawkgirl, Metamorpho, and Guy Gardner. Doesn’t seem like he’s completely at odds with everyone, perhaps instead of Batman we have a JLI where Superman is a member. Even then though you could easily cast this as a cyclical story: Superman starts out as the rebel who leads the hero community to change the way it does things which upsets the old guard, only to end this DCU with Superman as an elder hero who is facing down a new gen that rejects him in turn. Very Morrison esque in terms of cycles.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Anyone else concerned they're sticking too many characters in this? At some point it's just a Justice League movie.
    Assassinate Putin!

Since we’re still getting casting announcements those of you who want someone other than the Enginner as the villain can keep hoping that’s the case . For me I want a Perry who takes inspiration from MAWS. Such a great take and one which should influence the live action version.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Anyone else concerned they're sticking too many characters in this? At some point it's just a Justice League movie.
    Plenty of people have expressed concerns, even me. Were it up to me I certainly would not have Mr. Terrific, Metamorpho, Hawkgirl, etc in this. Lex and Engineer would not be the only villains announced thus far. All you can do is hope that the director of the Guardians and TSS knows what he’s doing.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I have been saying this for months.

What started out as a "back to basics", non-origin/early days Superman movie; featuring Clark, Lois and Jimmy as "cub reporters". Has quickly spun into a Superman and the JLI, featuring President Luthor, members from The Authority, cameo from Supergirl, and a villain who has yet to be determined. Seriously, they might as well shove the new DCU Batman and Robin into this flick. It's already crowded as hell.

I wholly expect the title of the film to change again before it hits theaters.

No, just because characters appear and interact doesn't mean they get like subplots. Even if they get one or two scenes to themselves, why would that make it a JLI movie?

Exactly - at some point it ceases to be a Superman film and becomes an ensemble film featuring Superman. The name change was likely partly due to this as Legacy implies characters that follow Superman and are inspired by him. That they move on from this film to create the DCU and the announced/rumored projects almost all focusing on these other characters gives credence to that. The Superman names puts the focus on Superman. It was a smart PR move as a lot of the negative buzz around the film is that it's too crowded and that Superman will be shortchanged in terms of story and screentime.

Maria De Faria (The Engineer) is in Norway filming with Corenswet - apparently, they've been frolicking in the snow per Gunn tweets. This has lots of implications as Norway is presumed to be where the exterior Fortress scenes are filmed. So, she knows where the Fortress is? Is she the main antagonist?That implies a significant screen presence for The Engineer as she surely will be in other venues with Superman/the others. How much screentime will the 5 get? Brosnahan spoke of having scenes with Metamorpho. It adds up. The characters are being set up for their own projects and it's reasonable to expect that, to that end, they will each have their own story arcs within the film including an introduction to who they are. Will these heroes get 15%, 20% or 25% of the film's screentime? And at what point does the film become an ensemble film? WBD appears to be sensitive to this, but will they finesse it by emphasizing the other heroes a bit less in promos even though they together have a major role in the film? That runs the risk of a backlash if audiences go in expecting a Superman film (per the new name) and it is not.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 03-01-2024 at 04:36 PM.

Incredible Member

Gunn can approach Superman, the character, as a back to basics thing while making the world around him as complicated as he wants.

Back to basics doesn't just mean recreating his origins from the comic books with those books' status quo, it simply means keeping the spirit of Superman easy to approach. I've seen Twitter theorize they're going to make this Superman movie a response to the ongoing stream of superhero decontructions, by presenting the origin of a genuine hero in a world of anti-heroes.

That sounds pretty Superman-y to me.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

No because most of them likely wont get anymore than 20min of screentime. Nathan has yet to play a huge role in any of Gunns movies

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    No, just because characters appear and interact doesn't mean they get like subplots. Even if they get one or two scenes to themselves, why would that make it a JLI movie?
    Why? Because the film is launching the DCU. And most of these characters will get projects announced - likely very shortly per what Zaslav said. They will get introduction scenes - you can't just plop Mr. Terrific or Metamorpho into a scene and leave it at that. They will very likely get mini story arcs within the film. Gunn has said they are more than cameos. My guess is 20% of the screentime will be devoted exclusively to them. Either interacting with each other or telling their origin/moving their story arc. That Maria De Faris is filming in Norway with Corenswet tells me she will have a large role in the film.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 03-01-2024 at 04:49 PM.

So what is Superman's budget? Gunn denied the 368 million claim and I'd tend to believe him. The cast, sans Brosnahan and Hoult, are all C list and come cheap. The film is non-epic or so it seems with terrorists the main antagonist. Like where would they spend the money? But folks are pushing back on Gunn and linking to documents that muddy the water. Is Gunn lying - he is known to play fast and loose with the facts? But then why in the world would WBD spend this on a film likely to make just 500 - 600 million. This story is picking up steam, so Gunn/WBD are going to have to re-address it. Still I can't beleive the number claimed and I would totally discredit it but for the fact I don't trust Gunn. Not a man of virtue IMO.

What is Superman's budget?
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 03-01-2024 at 06:58 PM.