Page 159 of 167 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2503

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Man, that would be awesome.

I waited the entirety of the Warworld Saga for an “I am Spartacus/Superman” reference. Maybe a movie version would deliver.
    I’d even take an “I am the Unblooded Sword!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    It would be awesome to see Superman embrace his John Carter of Mars roots on the big screen. I doubt Gunn or Zaslav have the rizz to showcase a Superman with so much awesome sauce!

Gunn does love comics from that period of time, you never know. Plus with Dune blowing up in a big way, we’re going to see its influence all over the next generation of scifi movies I think. Especially if Cavill gets his Warhammer 40k projects off the ground since those two are heavily influenced (ripping off really) Dune. Zaslav would see dollar signs if he was told there’s a story that combines Dune and superheroes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Jason Ballantine, editor of IT and The Flash as well as Jay Garrick himself, is the co-editor of Superman (2025):

Jason Ballantine ASE ACE - Film Editor

Jason is currently crafting DC Comic's highly anticipated 2025 summer tenpole Superman, directed by James Gunn.

CO FILM EDITOR
    D.C. Comics/Warner Bros.
    SUPERMAN director: James Gunn
    https://www.jasonballantine.com/resume.htm

Fastest editor alive...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Man, that would be awesome.

I waited the entirety of the Warworld Saga for an “I am Spartacus/Superman” reference. Maybe a movie version would deliver.
    Nothing in pkj's war world felt like a tale of gladiator,let alone Spartacus.It was a story of a "morally impeccable"(whaever that is) savior.Nothing felt like this guy/slave fought for freedom getting sick fighting to be some face or ideal or entertainment...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-05-2024 at 02:07 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I’m surprised that no one has asked him if we will see any Superman villains outside of Lex.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I’m surprised that no one has asked him if we will see any Superman villains outside of Lex.
    Those will probably appear in the sequel

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s…. Actually not a bad choice. Bautista wants to play roles with more gravitas that aren’t just comedy relief or unthinking brute. Mongul would fit that desire perfectly.
    I'd love Karl Urban as Vandal Savage

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I’d even take an “I am the Unblooded Sword!
    That would be awesome. Hearing someone actually say that moniker would be badass.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Nothing in pkj's war world felt like a tale of gladiator,let alone Spartacus.It was a story of a "morally impeccable"(whaever that is) savior.Nothing felt like this guy/slave fought for freedom getting sick fighting to be some face or ideal or entertainment...
    Right, it’s not a 1:1 comparison for sure. But it did have gladiatorial combat and Supes inspiring people/slaves to rise up against their oppressor. Plus, PKJ is a movie buff kinda guy so I thought he’d toss in a reference here or there.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Lex Luthor interviews Lex Luthor:

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Jason Ballantine, editor of IT and The Flash as well as Jay Garrick himself, is the co-editor of Superman (2025):

https://www.jasonballantine.com/resume.htm

Fastest editor alive...

It really bothers me they retroactively put other heroes into the 50s TV show. Maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this but this whole "let's go back and change everything in the past forever" thing doesn't sit well with me. Thanks, George Lucas!
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Right, it’s not a 1:1 comparison for sure. But it did have gladiatorial combat and Supes inspiring people/slaves to rise up against their oppressor. Plus, PKJ is a movie buff kinda guy so I thought he’d toss in a reference here or there.
    He lead an uprising alright...But by being above em..not one of em.the character just doesn't have a gusto.Pkj's superman run has a knight.not a gladiator.So it wasn't for me.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-05-2024 at 10:37 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It really bothers me they retroactively put other heroes into the 50s TV show. Maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this but this whole "let's go back and change everything in the past forever" thing doesn't sit well with me. Thanks, George Lucas!
    I'm fine with it. In my headcanon, BatKeaton, Nic Cage's Superman and John Wesley Shipp's Flash are in the same universe.

And I place Lynda Carter's WW, Chris Reeve, Helen Slater and Adam West together in a retro 60s/70s earth.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-05-2024 at 10:46 AM.

Filming new Superman movie in Svalbard

The new "Superman" film will premiere next year: - We have filmed the first scenes, says the star director and reveals why they chose Svalbard as the filming location.

Hollywood director James Gunn has filmed the first scenes of a new Superman film in Svalbard.
    The film belongs to the DC Comics universe, with David Corenswet in the lead role as Superman.
    Gunn believes that Svalbard offers a beautiful and varied landscape — perfect for the ice fortress scene.
    The premiere date of the movie "Superman: Legacy" is planned for July 2025.

Hollywood director James Gunn has been in Svalbard for the past week to record the first scenes for a new "Superman" film, writes Svalbardposten. Gunn, who is behind films such as "Guardians of the Galaxy", tells the newspaper that it has been a special experience to start filming in Adventdalen on Svalbard.

- We have filmed the first scenes which are when Superman flees to the ice fortress. We wanted a place that was beautiful and felt like being in the middle of the Arctic, so we looked at several places in the world. But there were many things that sold Svalbard for us over the other places. First, there is the natural beauty. But also the fact that you'll find a varied landscape here that you won't find anywhere else. Nature gives a special feeling, says Gunn to Svalbardposten .

Director James Gunn has been to Svalbard this week. The new film is from the comic book universe DC Comics, which competes with the Marvel universe for which Gunn has made films in the past. It is not yet known how much of the film will take place in Svalbard. David Corenswet stars as the new "Superman".

According to Gunn, filming took place from eight in the morning until around four in the afternoon every day. People have been curious about the filming, the director tells the newspaper: - We have had some who have been curious, yes, who have stood and watched. But that's perfectly fine. And that's a big difference. Because being interested in just watching is something completely different than when you have people trying to sneak into the set to take pictures that they can make money from by selling online, says the director. Gunn tells Svalbardposten that they will film scenes in Ohio in the USA later, and that he then expects a lot of paparazzi. When Svalbardposten visited the film set, much had already been rigged down. On Tuesday, the director took the plane back to the states, while the film crew itself and several of the actors are expected to stay for a few more days, writes Svalbardposten.

According to IGN , the new film will tell the story of Superman's journey to reconcile his Kryptonian background with his human upbringing as Clark Kent. The premiere is set for July 2025.

Source: https://www.vg.no/rampelys/i/eJby6y/...m-paa-svalbard
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-05-2024 at 02:44 PM.

Not going to be able to hide the suit for long once they start filming in the States. Fortress confirmed! Also Superman “flees” to the Fortress? Interesting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Not going to be able to hide the suit for long once they start filming in the States. Fortress confirmed! Also Superman “flees” to the Fortress? Interesting.
    Makes sense to already have the Fortress depending on how deep into Superman's career this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Makes sense to already have the Fortress depending on how deep into Superman's career this is.
    And hopefully it’s deep enough into his career that it has some cool All-Star trophies in it too. Put the Titanic in it, people love the Titanic