Page 96 of 167 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2504

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sup...an-legacy/amp/

Seems like Gunn understands Superman to me! Least we might finally get a film Superman who isn’t a total stoic bore.

I’m assuming they can’t show the suit until Corenswet can come in and get fit for one, which means not until the strike is over.
    I think he'll probably be a lot like MAWS Clark, probably also in terms of being much more defensive/eschewing violence.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    James Gunn seems to like turning intelligent characters into idiots. Perfect example Star-Lord. Gunn has already talked about his superman being a farm boy & a galoot. I am very tired of Superman being depicted as at best a border line idiot. So, no i am not looking forward to this movie.
    I like idiots..i can't stand characters with no personality
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I’m assuming they can’t show the suit until Corenswet can come in and get fit for one, which means not until the strike is over.

Here’s something interesting, Bleeding Cool is reporting that DC is reprinting stories for Nov without having solicited them beforehand. Two of those books are Superman: Brainiac and Superman: Ending Battle (the story where Lex is President and Manchester Black sends the entire Rogues Gallery after Superman).

Rest of the books have appearances from characters who are showing up in TV or movies, so yeah I think there’s some weight to BC’s speculation. More evidence that Brainiac and Manchester Black will be in Legacy? Maybe the first two acts are Supes and Black butting heads only for Brainiac to show up and Superman to take Brainiac down to show why his approach has validity (instead of just beating Black up).

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Lol I’m assuming these strikes are going to 2024 at this point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Here’s something interesting, Bleeding Cool is reporting that DC is reprinting stories for Nov without having solicited them beforehand. Two of those books are Superman: Brainiac and Superman: Ending Battle (the story where Lex is President and Manchester Black sends the entire Rogues Gallery after Superman).

Rest of the books have appearances from characters who are showing up in TV or movies, so yeah I think there’s some weight to BC’s speculation. More evidence that Brainiac and Manchester Black will be in Legacy? Maybe the first two acts are Supes and Black butting heads only for Brainiac to show up and Superman to take Brainiac down to show why his approach has validity (instead of just beating Black up).
    I think if Brainiac is in Legacy, he'll be in a secondary plot/sequel tease. He's too big to waste in a first film.

Kind of like Reeves' The Batman had Riddler and Falcone as main villains, but Penguin and Joker were also there to set up future storylines.

Lol I’m assuming these strikes are going to 2024 at this point.
    And Legacy will be delayed to 2026 if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think if Brainiac is in Legacy, he'll be in a secondary plot/sequel tease. He's too big to waste in a first film.

Kind of like Reeves' The Batman had Riddler and Falcone as main villains, but Penguin and Joker were also there to set up future storylines.
    I would not be surprised if we get "a" Brainiac but the real one is reserved for sequels. That is one of the plot points of Superman: Brainiac, that the Brainiac's he'd fought before were drones.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I would not be surprised if we get "a" Brainiac but the real one is reserved for sequels. That is one of the plot points of Superman: Brainiac, that the Brainiac's he'd fought before were drones.
    Yeah, the real Braniac could send his drones on Earth before showing up down the line.

I really hope they set up Brainiac for a sequel if he's not in the first movie. Brainiac could be visually exciting and a real challenge for Superman in terms of his character. Really hope Gunn digs deep into what makes him interesting and also his charming side.

I never wanted Gunn for Superman.. but here it is.. oh well, I'm happy at least another Supes movie is happening..

Considering budget I was always kind of skeptical we'd get full Brainiac in this movie.

With the strike likely to push Superman Legacy to 2026 there are questions about delaying it even longer. Given the DCEU/DCU situation. One thing prompting this are doubts about Superman Legacy being a success. Campea thinks SL will be a financial flop and, though I don't agree with that, I expect it to just break even. Making 500 - 550 million. Campea and others think the first film will flop but that if it's a creative success, it can launch the DCU with the subsequent films like B&B and Supergirl being financial successes. That's crazy IMO. The first film doesn't have to fail. Campea is a huge Gunn fan, and is already making excuses Gunn's SL. If Superman Legacy flops there won't be more Superman films. The Batman did well despite being released during the tail end of the pandemic. Batman sells tickets. WB should release Brave and Bold first. Use its success to help boost a subsequent Superman film. Otherwise, Superman is being used as the sacrificial IP to set up the other DCU IPs.

Should WB delay Suprman Legacy several more years?
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-14-2023 at 05:29 PM.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status...33587532640519
    Just received this stunningly gorgeous Absolute edition of Superman for All Seasons, one of my favorite Superman stories & a huge influence on Legacy (& a strangely perfect bookend with All-Star Superman). The late, great Tim Sales artwork & Bjarne Hansen’s watercolor work have never looked better - nor have Clark & Ma & Pa. Jeph Loeb’s elegant, confident story still sings.

We’ve got For All Seasons, Birthright, All-Star Superman, and Brainiac as the big influences here. Wtf is this movie going to look like lol
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-20-2023 at 03:18 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It seems Legacy is influenced by decades of random unrelated Superman comics. It's likely going to be like the Blue Beetle film being influenced by the Infinite Crisis mini.

Has anyone asked Gunn for examples of Superman stories he didn't like? It might be easier to learn more about Legacy that way...

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Has anyone asked Gunn for examples of Superman stories he didn't like? It might be easier to learn more about Legacy that way...
    I bet he isn't a fan of JMS' Grounded. Who is?