Page 22 of 167 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I think DC should get a clue from Gunn and realize King is great at writing Superman (and GL) and hand over a Superman book to him instead of putting him on no-name underperforming crap published by Black Label so they can satisfy the terms of whatever contract they have with him. It's truly amazing they don't put ther biggest guns on Superman almost like they want Superman to fail.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 12-29-2022 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I think DC should get a clue from Gunn and realize King is great at writing Superman (and GL) and hand over a Superman book to him instead of putting him on no-name underperforming crap published by Black Label so they can satisfy the terms of whatever contract they have with him. It's truly amazing they don't put ther biggest guns on Superman almost like they want Superman to fail.
    Um they all want superman to fail,he is the purest of all heroes,he has a code,he is black and white,they don't want a purely good person as a role model,we as fans need to demand more for him and those.like him
    Last edited by SuperX; 12-30-2022 at 02:05 AM.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Uh King actually prefers doing the limited series format. He finds it better suited to his writing abilities than ongoings for the most part.

Plus he also enjoys writing about lower-tier characters no one uses. Mister Miracle, Adam Strange, Human Target, he's given these guys avenues no other writers have done.

Also to be technical King has written a Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow series recently so he's still dipped in the Superman franchise.

King has said he really wants to do a Superman run on Word Balloon… but I’m not sure I believe him simply because the idea that Tom King couldn’t get one of the main Superman books if he wanted it feels far-fetched. He’s a proven seller, people like the little Superman work that he has done, Gunn is a huge fan of King and is working on Superman, if King really wanted a Superman book I think he would get it by now.

Speaking of King and Gunn here is more fuel for the fire.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yes, that’s what they were. No, they weren’t meant as a hint. Two of the volumes (2 & 3) just happened to be on my coffee table. Yes, I’ve read them a lot & love them. Grant’s Batman & Robin (& their Superman) are some of my favorites.
    https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...ullMRXwsv7In7g

Going from Snyder’s Cuck Kent meets Injustice to Gunn drawing on Morrison and King for Superman inspiration is my reward for the 2010s being Superman’s worst fucking decade ever. God don’t let me down Gunn, I want to believe this time we’ll kick the football!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Superman in that Snyder outline is more like Joseph actually in that Lois/Bruce's kid is suppose to be Christ and Superman is just his adoptive father while his real "heavenly father" is Batman. Very allegorical imo.

A lot from Morrison you can mine for Superman.

This would be a cool way to handle the reboot.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Superman in that Snyder outline is more like Joseph actually in that Lois/Bruce's kid is suppose to be Christ and Superman is just his adoptive father while his real "heavenly father" is Batman. Very allegorical imo.
    Actually, Patrick H Williams (a youtuber) made a pretty compelling argument that the whole Bruce and Lois son was because of Snyder's obsession with the 1981 movie Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Actually, Patrick H Williams (a youtuber) made a pretty compelling argument that the whole Bruce and Lois son was because of Snyder's obsession with the 1981 movie Excalibur
    I'm going to watch that video, but until then, I'm sticking with the Pearl Harbor theory.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Going from Snyder’s Cuck Kent meets Injustice to Gunn drawing on Morrison and King for Superman inspiration is my reward for the 2010s being Superman’s worst fucking decade ever. God don’t let me down Gunn, I want to believe this time we’ll kick the football!
    Between the new cartoon and this reboot, I’m hoping the rest of 2020’s treat Supes a lot better than 2010s did. Fingers crossed.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

King's Superman isn't bad but he still leans far too heavily on the "cornfed country boy" stuff for my tastes. But he does get Clark's grit and determination and single-minded, binary morality. So we could do far worse for Super inspiration than King, but what gives me real hope is that Gunn supposedly likes Morrison. They're the modern day king of Super writers, with virtually no competition for the crown.

I'm just waiting for Gunn to name drop Maggin. That's when I'll know we're truly in good hands. If you're charting your course by what Morrison and Maggin did, you're doing it right.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    King's Superman isn't bad but he still leans far too heavily on the "cornfed country boy" stuff for my tastes. But he does get Clark's grit and determination and single-minded, binary morality. So we could do far worse for Super inspiration than King, but what gives me real hope is that Gunn supposedly likes Morrison. They're the modern day king of Super writers, with virtually no competition for the crown.

I'm just waiting for Gunn to name drop Maggin. That's when I'll know we're truly in good hands. If you're charting your course by what Morrison and Maggin did, you're doing it right.
    Truer words have never been spoken, good sir. Agreed! If anything getting any influence from Waid, Morrison or Maggin (The Holy Trinity of Superman writers) imo would mean we could rest assured.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Hero View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken, good sir. Agreed! If anything getting any influence from Waid, Morrison or Maggin (The Holy Trinity of Superman writers) imo would mean we could rest assured.
    I think you're confusing Waid with Kurt Busiek. You mean the Holy Trinity of Busiek, Morrison and Maggin

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think you're confusing Waid with Kurt Busiek. You mean the Holy Trinity of Busiek, Morrison and Maggin
    Honestly, he was the other writer whose name I didn't remember until you brought him up but yeah let's add his name to the list. He's great. Who didn't enjoy secret identity and his tenure on Supes?
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"