Page 90 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2503
    BANNED

with all the powers of Superman, some of them very visual, if you add the possible powers of the villain, that's a lot of money, now they've put half the DC universe in, if Flash seemed bad, DC legacy would be Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm getting the feeling The Authority trio they were looking for are other characters from another team (JL/JLI): Codename Apex is Mr. Terrific (black actors were requested for Apex), Blitz is Hawkigirl (latinx actresses were searched for that one) and Ghost Man is Metamorpho.

Lois is the co-lead, but I doubt Perry is going to have huge screentime, he is background character material lol. If the other DC heroes are there "to help to tell Superman's story" they fill the supporting character roles even with 10 mins of screentime.

Btw, I don't see them announcing random cameos after the co-leads casting. Since when cameos get announced?
    Therein lies the question. These are not cameos despite some fans clinging to the hope that they are. Gunn himself said they are important to the story. 4 characters so far (Lord help us if more JSA are cast). These are all, but for GL, unknown characters meaning screentime is needed to introduce them. Then more screentime as they are important to the story. Fillion's GL? I'd bet he gets a lot of screentime. Audiences know GL, love Fillion and Gunn will give them GL.

Gunn already gave a hint that their roles will be significant when he referred to Superman being the primary story. Meaning these JSA characters are the secondary story. An obvious question is how big will the secondary story be? 20% of the film? 25%? 30% More? I could begrudgingly settle for 20% but I bet it's more and then you are getting into a team film and not a Superman film as was promised. Another obvious question - is this a team film?

Shades of BvS where it got to the point that Superman was obviously getting shafted in terms of screentime, and Snyder had to reassure that the screentime balanced out by the end of the film. Superman vs Batman screentime. And at that Snyder was calling it an MOS sequel - to the consternation of Cavill. Superman is not the center of the DCU. That's OK. He's not the most popular/lucrative IP. Superheroes already exist. That's OK too. But for all we know Gunn may be planning only one Superman film/Cornswet outing in his 10-year plan so at least give fans a Superman film.

Discovery has had to hire a publicist as Gunn's reassurances about SL are falling flat/making things worse and I suspect his comments will now be filtered by this person. The negative buzz around SL has started and Discovery needs to get that under control, or the film is in trouble.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-15-2023 at 07:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Fillion has been in every superhero movie Gunn has produced. He hasnt had more than 10-20min in any of them. I dont see that changing here. These heroes are important to show the world Superman lives in and help differentiate Supes from Clark but I doubt they will get any large screen time.

BANNED

I think it is obvious that if they are important to the story there are only 2 possibilities.
    1: they are defeated by the villain (something similar to the JL in the movie of the death of Superman) and it is Superman who saves the day.
    2: fight with Superman against the villain.
    It's a team movie with Superman as the leader, but a team.

If the villain is Brainiac I can at least see why Guy would get screentime.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    I wish it had been Authority characters who are at least quasi tied into Superman. Not this JSA stuff. It may be Discovery is worried about how well SL will do and is throwing in these characters to get people interested in SL and potential projects featuring them. But most folks, except for comic geeks, don't know them and don't care. And, if SL is sort of a team film, bring in the likes of JHI and others.

As much as I feel Gunn is totally wrong for Superman, I can't believe he'd write a script similar to BA which was a disappointment for Discovery. Or not have the second villain (besides Lex) not be Brainiac or Metallo or, given Gunn's penchant for jokey/campy films, maybe Toyman.

There is negative buzz around SL. First with Gunn doing it and now these casting announcements. Can you imagine if there is not a major Superman villain not seen before on film in SL? That would be a deal breaker for a lot of folks.
    Kendra/Hawkgirl is a JL member, she is more tied to Superman than The Authority for that reason alone.

Who said there's isn't a physical villain? It's a Superman film, there's going to be one. Even if WBD will not announce who is anytime soon.

Therein lies the question. These are not cameos despite some fans clinging to the hope that they are. Gunn himself said they are important to the story. 4 characters so far (Lord help us if more JSA are cast). These are all, but for GL, unknown characters meaning screentime is needed to introduce them. Then more screentime as they are important to the story. Fillion's GL? I'd bet he gets a lot of screentime. Audiences know GL, love Fillion and Gunn will give them GL.

Gunn already gave a hint that their roles will be significant when he referred to Superman being the primary story. Meaning these JSA characters are the secondary story. An obvious question is how big will the secondary story be? 20% of the film? 25%? 30% More? I could begrudgingly settle for 20% but I bet it's more and then you are getting into a team film and not a Superman film as was promised. Another obvious question - is this a team film?

Shades of BvS where it got to the point that Superman was obviously getting shafted in terms of screentime, and Snyder had to reassure that the screentime balanced out by the end of the film. Superman vs Batman screentime. And at that Snyder was calling it an MOS sequel - to the consternation of Cavill. Superman is not the center of the DCU. That's OK. He's not the most popular/lucrative IP. Superheroes already exist. That's OK too. But for all we know Gunn may be planning only one Superman film/Cornswet outing in his 10-year plan so at least give fans a Superman film.

Discovery has had to hire a publicist as Gunn's reassurances about SL are falling flat/making things worse and I suspect his comments will now be filtered by this person. The negative buzz around SL has started and Discovery needs to get that under control, or the film is in trouble.
    Superman is not going to be shafted in terms of screentime. The title is Superman: Legacy not Green Lantern v Superman: Dawn of the DCU. These are secondary characters not co-leads. Gunn made it clear with his comments.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I don’t think the Authority is going to be in this after all. If Gunn is misdirecting people like that, there’s a good chance he’s hiding who the real main villain of the movie is, which I remain convinced is Brainiac.
    Similar to BvS's WW casting being believed to be a female Batman villain, WB will make the official announcement (via trades) of which non-Superman related character is in Legacy and sent to casting agencies misleading grids. It's normal. Nothing like Gunn misleading his own TSS crew lol: https://www.ign.com/articles/the-sui...port-character

The "physical villain" is either played by an actor that auditioned for another role, or it's one actor that got offered the role without any audition, like Nathan Fillion for Guy Gardner.

I think you misunderstand me. I agree with you that Terrific at least probably more than just a blink and you miss it cameo, I just don’t think these heroes are going to have equal screen time to the Daily Planet cast, and definitely nowhere near as much as Superman himself.
    I think they'll have more screentime than Perry and Jimmy. Not Lois or Superman obviously.

BANNED

BvS was a movie where Superman was a co-star and he's hardly ever seen in the movie. So it would not be the first time that Superman is used in the title and in the movie nothing, besides that he has already lied about Superman legacy, says that it is the beginning of the new universe but Blue Beetle is canon. With everything that WB/DC has done with Superman in the movies, they have not earned us trust in them, quite the opposite, the worse we think, the more accurate we are.

Superman is not going to be shafted in terms of screentime. The title is Superman: Legacy not Green Lantern v Superman: Dawn of the DCU. These are secondary characters not co-leads. Gunn made it clear with his comments.
    Actually, that remains to be seen. Aside from Perry/Jimmy and the villains will there be any Superverse characters? I'd bet the announced 4 non-Superverse characters get more time than Perry/Jimmy. That's what I mean by Superman and his "verse" getting squeezed out of his own film. It's not like this hasn't happened before. Already Fillion/GL is getting more buzz on social media than Corenswet/Superman. I get it - he played in superhero films and Corenswet is sort of unknown but still not a good sign.

Several months back there was a rumor as to the remainder of phase 1. Likely to be announced after Aquaman 2. There wasn't a Superman project on the list which takes the Gunnverse through 2030 (when Corenswet will be 38). It was a spec list claimed to be real by a scooper. Two of the films on the list were Lobo and Mr. Terrific and voila Mr. Terrific is appearing in SL. Superman Legacy is clearly being used to set up other films. It's not like Brave and Bold which Gunn said will be used to introduce the Bat family to the DCU. Reinforcing the impression Superman may not be a big factor in Gunn's DCU. The rest of the schedule will be announced before SL films and if there are no Superman projects on it you know what will hit the fan.

Is Superman Legacy going to be a one and done? Will Corenswet get a cameo in the Supergirl film? Keep in mind that for almost a decade WB couldn't decide if they wanted to do more Superman (MOS2) or not. And for a period decided to eliminate Superman from the film DCEU altogether. I don't think the old WB had faith in the IP and I don't think the new WB does either. Otherwise, they'd be using SL to build up the world of Superman, reintroduce him to audiences and bring to life all the great characters (friends and foes) that inhabit that world.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-16-2023 at 03:30 PM.

Similar to BvS's WW casting being believed to be a female Batman villain, WB will make the official announcement (via trades) of which non-Superman related character is in Legacy and sent to casting agencies misleading grids. It's normal. Nothing like Gunn misleading his own TSS crew lol: https://www.ign.com/articles/the-sui...port-character

The "physical villain" is either played by an actor that auditioned for another role, or it's one actor that got offered the role without any audition, like Nathan Fillion for Guy Gardner.

I think they'll have more screentime than Perry and Jimmy. Not Lois or Superman obviously.
    Perry maybe, Jimmy I don’t think so. Gunn was liking a bunch of tweets of people asking him to establish Jimmy as Clark’s best friend, so I think he will get a good amount of screen time.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Syl and Mikey at 1:19 on SL. SL is not what was originally planned. My guess is that Discovery/Gunn doubt a standalone Superman film will work. Gunn will put even more JSA type characters in the film. The Middle East story is there but too much like BA so they think Gunn will change that. Many scoopers are saying a new Earth-bound villain as are Syl and Mikey. Fans want Brainiac and, IMO, if it is not Brainiac, it's likely because Discovery doesn't have the money to put into SL to do Brainiac justice. Lots of comedy with GL and Metamorpho. Look for Superman to hit GL and send him into orbit. Basically, a mess but at least Gunn will go out with a big bang. More podcasts are calling Gunn and SL out. If it gets through to Zaslav maybe he'll put a hold on SL. Start from scratch and do a proper Superman film or launch the DCU with Brave and Bold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-YDSWCbDy8
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-16-2023 at 06:40 PM.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Syl and Mikey at 1:19 on SL. It's not what was originally planned. My guess is that Discovery/Gunn doubt a standalone Superman film will work. Gunn will put even more JSA type characters in the film. The Middle East story is there but too much like BA so they think Gunn will change that. Lots of comedy. Look for Superman to hit GL and send him into orbit. Basically, a mess but at least Gunn will go out with a big bang. More and more podcasts are calling Gunn and SL out. If it gets through to Zaslav maybe he'll put a hold on SL. They need to start from scratch and do a proper Superman film or launch the DCU with Brave and Bold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-YDSWCbDy8
    I wouldn't put my stock in with podcasters or scoopers or twitter users or anyone who can only speculate at this stage. Just wait. Wait and see the movie for what it is with your own eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I wouldn't put my stock in with podcasters or scoopers or twitter users or anyone who can only speculate at this stage. Just wait. Wait and see the movie for what it is with your own eyes.
    I did that with BvS at first. Kept dismissing the news/rumors until what it was became undeniable. The same red flags are there now with SL and Gunn/Discovery aren't going to sucker me in as did Snyder/WB.

Who should be Perry? I forgot the actors name but the guy who played Yondu would be perfect.

I'm not worried about the screen time Superman will get, I'm sure he will have a lot.

What have me a little concerned is how he will interact with these other heroes. I really don't want to see him getting saved in his own movie or needing team work to defeat the bad guy.
    Not saying he have to do all and solve everything by himself, but he should be the one to save the day in the end, preferably without doing a speech (please don't have Superman lecturing the bad guy into giving up).