Page 31 of 167 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

No real new details on Superman's side but still everything sounding good. The Supergirl stuff is interesting though. Since it sounds like it'll take place entirely off-Earth, they can do the whole movie then have it end with her finding out about and seeking her cousin. Maybe have the entire plot be her playing detective at finding out what killed her world and the pieces lead her to finding out about a being called the Collector. Has the potential for things to really converge for Legacy II to be Kal and Kara vs Brainiac.

And although I tried not to get caught up in fan casting I couldn't help it and Novogratz has completely won me over and I hope he's the guy.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-31-2023 at 01:22 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It might very well be about Clark being the Last Son. That thought crossed my mind and I edited my post above to include it, just before seeing your post. It's entirely possible....but if this is about Clark discovering his heritage and Kara has a movie of her own afterwards? Seems like she'd be a perfect narrative tool to advance Clark's plot before spinning off into her own thing. And if this were just about Clark, wouldn't Last Son make for a better, super obvious title? Plus WB has pushed Kara a fair amount in recent years and might still want to, and I won't be convinced that DC has solved their problems with Clark until I see the product with my own eyes.
    Fair enough but of the slate revealed it’s The Authority who are stated to be tied to Superman. If anything I could see the movie ending with a tease of Manchester Black being inspired to put a team together, with an inevitable showdown with Clark to come. I can’t begrudge you being cautious, I am cautious myself, but Zaslav is focused on Superman. He would have let Hamada execute on the old plan otherwise. I think this will be a proper Superman movie if nothing else, not a stealth prequel to Supergirl: WoT.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I just hope this doesn't turn out to be "Superman is sooo kind" and "world needs superman (while the world yawns of boredom)" with a dash of "darn you!!! 90s kids..You ruined superheroics and truth,justice..etc".

I don't exactly know what i wrote..But that's the feeling i am getting with what's going on.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I just hope this doesn't turn out to be "Superman is sooo kind" and "world needs superman (while the world yawns of boredom)" with a dash of "darn you!!! 90s edgy heroes..You ruined superheroics and truth,justice..etc".

I don't exactly know what i wrote..But that's the feeling i am getting with what's going on.
    What's the last live action Superman you were a fan of?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

New 52 Superman was kind as hell to the people, while retaining an older edge when it came to what he was fighting. Him being kind doesn't close the door on a hard nosed crusader when needed.

Now it sounds like Kara is going to be the one with more "attitude". Just doesn't mean that Superman necessarily will be 100% boyscout. At least we can hope they don't wholly over-compensate. I have some confidence this will be the case because if they're doing Superman and/vs the Authority, it's an idea clearly inspired from the recent comic. And you have a proper characterization if you're looking at a Morrison work.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    What's the last live action Superman you were a fan of?
    I haven't had a live action superman i fully embraced much like the character itself.I liked parts of donner and old tv shows,radio shows..etc.Even some parts of Smallville.Lois and clark wasn't for me. Even though i loved first episode where the try to demolish an old theatre and clark talks to an old actress.I also liked how shabby clark's room was,him coming to the big City.And then they ruined with clark getting a huge apartment.Clark walking on walls and **** was pretty cool as well.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-31-2023 at 01:47 PM.

Mighty Member

I just hope this doesn't turn out to be "Superman is sooo kind" and "world needs superman (while the world yawns of boredom)" with a dash of "darn you!!! 90s kids..You ruined superheroics and truth,justice..etc".
    I hope it's all of the above.

Extraordinary Member

I think the MCU's Captain America proved to the world that a character who just wants to be a good man and do the right thing can be just as compelling as any other kind of character.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I think the MCU's Captain America proved to the world that a character who just wants to be a good man and do the right thing can be just as compelling as any other kind of character.
    No,it only proved an idealist works. Especially one that chooses freedom as the ideal.Cap one was ok to great .Avengers 1 and 2 cap was bland and sucked .winter soldier just took cap to a different level.rest is history.cap became centre of dcu."The whole good man does right thing" has been used to for making the superman character safe.On top of that cap grows out of the rule book clinging boyscout phase to genuine idealist.
    If you want a marvel comparison..I prefer my protagonists being a gambit over cyclops or wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I hope it's all of the above.
    Sure,Whatever suits you..if it is,i wouldn't really care lots of content to consume out there.I could always watch something else.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-31-2023 at 02:34 PM.

After years of not even knowing if WB wanted to make a Superman movie, having a date is really exciting.

That said, I agree with Ascended in a lot of points, and the announcement did raise some concerns with me. First, it's super vague without giving us much about the movie, while more distant projects have a more clear picture.

The whole balancing his kryptonian origin with his upbring make me afraid we could get another think piece about Superman instead of a movie about Superman having adventures, unfortunately, various writers appear to be more interested in questions like "does Superman matters", "Can Superman interfere", etc, than actually telling Superman stories.

Superman kryptonian origins getting explored and a Supergirl movie on the horizon, like Ascended wrote, does indicate, imo, the possibility that Supergirl may end up cameoing or even guest-starring on what should be Superman solo movie.
    The speculations about Lobo on this movie make me even more worried, can you guys imagine a Superman close to a saint, as it was said in the presentation, sharing the screen with Lobo cracking jokes, making fun of him and beating the crap out of the bad guys? We could end up with an adaptation of Superman vs Lobo on our hands.

Those are my main concerns, Superman getting a mostly contemplative movie where he only reacts at stuff while doubting every single one of his moves and a scenario where he end up upstaged by the more proactive characters like Supergirl will be, according with James Gunn.

Anyway, I really am excited for this movie, and hope it will have kids coming out the cinemas wanting to see more of Superman just like the Donner movie made when I was a kid and watched it on TV.

Extraordinary Member

No,it only proved an idealist works. Especially one that chooses freedom as the ideal.Cap one was ok to great .Avengers 1 and 2 cap was bland and sucked .winter soldier just took cap to a different level.rest is history.cap became centre of dcu."The whole good man does right thing" has been used to for making the superman character safe.On top of that cap grows out of the rule book clinging boyscout phase to genuine idealist.
    I mean, I don't think anyone's asking for an uber patriotic Supes who does nothing but follow orders. I literally just said "be a good man and do the right thing." Which is ultimately what Cap did as you pointed out yourself.

Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow getting an adaptation basically kills any chance of Up int Sky ever hitting the big screen. Honestly, another movie of Superman stranded in Metropolis struggling against some of Luthor real state squemes while Kara get to fly around space facing super powered aliens it would be a little disappointing
    Last edited by Ra-El; 01-31-2023 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow getting an adaptation basically kills any chance of Up int Sky ever hitting the big screen. Honestly, another movie of Superman stranded in Metropolis struggling against some of Luthor real state squemes while Kara get to fly around space facing super powered aliens it would be a little disappointing
    Why? Gunn himself posted Up in the Sky! art on his social media accounts and King is on the brain trust. If anything I’d say it’s more likely than anything else. Probably not as a movie but as an HBO Max live action/animated miniseries.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Why? Gunn himself posted Up in the Sky! art on his social media accounts and King is on the brain trust. If anything I’d say it’s more likely than anything else. Probably not as a movie but as an HBO Max live action/animated miniseries.
    I mean, both stories are about a kryptonian hero from the House of El trying to rescue/save a girl in space.

I don't like the title being "Legacy." It just feels weird that the title of a new Superman movie and the first Superman film has some random subtitle.

Although considering the premise, I don't think we're getting evil Kryptonians but probably some kind of threat born from Krypton (Brainiac?).

Also Batman is once again passing over Superman in experience and career length I guess.

I guess I'm not surprised they're adapting Woman of Tomorrow but it feels like a weird take doing it with a Kara either people will only have just been introduced too (Sasha Calle) or a completely new one.