Page 47 of 167 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I do expect Brainiac, if not here in Legacy then in Supergirl. Better be Legacy, if anywhere; I'm beyond sick of Clark's stuff being taken from him so someone else can play with the cool toys.

And yeah everyone wants Brainiac, but....WB hasn't really cared about what we want in the past, and maybe Gunn's better than that, but I'll believe it when we see it. I got tired of saying "maybe the new guy at WB gets it" a few "new guys" ago. Gunn *does* need this movie to be a big win, and that *does* support using the best and biggest assets available, and Brainiac fits. He fits really well actually, given what little we know of the film, if they use his Kryptonian AI origin.

You keep mentioning the Elite. Are they actually involved and I missed the announcement or is that just you theory crafting? I'd be down with Manchester Black showing up. Hell that man could be the main villain of the movie, he's got the juice to carry it off. Are there any Brit punk rockers young enough to play him, or are we just gonna use some de-aging cgi on Billy Idol?

Honestly, yeah a little bit. The first film was a nice sleeper hit that seemed to get good audience reception. I think it would've been easy to build the sequel up to a bigger box office. I don't think it would've hit a billion or anything crazy, but it could've turned a respectable and slightly larger profit than the last one. The trailers aren't doing a great job of selling the unique elements of the franchise, I don't think, and the villains look pretty basic (tho I'm sure the actresses will knock it outta the park).

Had we gotten a weird, family-focused trailer with some weird, strange villains like Mind and the Monster Society that leaned into the charm of the IP I think there'd be more hype around it and higher opening projections. A stronger marketing push would've done wonders too I think, this film feels like it's totally under the wave and even WB isn't interested in promoting it.
    WB's focus is all on the Flash. Who knows what Zaslav will do if that movie bombs. I can only shudder at what will be slashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    IMHO it could have, with the Secret Society of Evil, the Seven Kingdoms of Magic, Sivana and Mr Mind. Or Black Adam.
    I'll never understand why they decided to go with lame villains that didn't even appear in the comic book in the first place.
    Maybe the writers and directors were hoping for another modest return for Shazam 2 to prove to WB that the franchise is worth investing more money in?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Maybe the writers and directors were hoping for another modest return for Shazam 2 to prove to WB that the franchise is worth investing more money in?
    If that is the case, I really can't understand this line of thought, quite frankly.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    If that is the case, I really can't understand this line of thought, quite frankly.
    When I think about the line about of thought, it kinda make sense. Maybe, just maybe, a big maybe; a very big maybe... It was a nice way to "end" the movies and leave it open for future installments? With the state of DC movies these last few years, they may have thought Shazam might've been the first to go since the first film did a modest return. Not a loss for WB. So you have that back up just in case WB tells them they want more movies.

Looks like For All Seasons is in the mix for Gunn too

Eh never been a huge fan of that but maybe I should give it a reread. I just remember Clark being way too reliant on Ma and Pa, and coming across as a simple minded hick. Hope Gunn isn’t leaning too hard into Clark being “cornfed”.

Edit:
    Stalked Gunn’s likes and he replied to/liked tweets from people suggesting works such as
    -All-Star Superman
    -Peace on Earth
    -Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow?
    -For The Man Who Has Everything
    -What’s So Funny About Truth, Justice, and The American Way?
    -Up in the Sky!
    -For Tomorrow
    -Camelot Falls
    -Loeb/McGuiness era
    -Red & Blue
    -Secret Origin
    -Superman Smashes The Klan
    -Action Comics #651 (which features Maxima!)
    -Kryptonite
    -Action Comics #481 (which is where the Supermobile debuted I think)
    -Superman: Earth One
    -Triangle Era as a whole
    -Space Age

Well ****, that’s a whole bunch of stuff. Can’t really draw any conclusions from them, some I love, some I like, some I’m indifferent to, and some I hate.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-25-2023 at 05:45 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Eh never been a huge fan of that but maybe I should give it a reread. I just remember Clark being way too reliant on Ma and Pa, and coming across as a simple minded hick. Hope Gunn isn’t leaning too hard into Clark being “cornfed”.

Edit:
    Stalked Gunn’s likes and he replied to/liked tweets from people suggesting works such as
    -All-Star Superman
    -Peace on Earth
    -Up in the Sky!
    -For Tomorrow
    -Camelot Falls
    -Loeb/McGuiness era
    -Red & Blue
    -Secret Origin
    -Kryptonite
    -Triangle Era as a whole
    -Space Age

Well ****, that’s a whole bunch of stuff. Can’t really draw any conclusions from them, some I love, some I like, some I’m indifferent to, and some I hate.
    I think he had like one pep talk from Ma and Pa but I don't think he came off that much of a hick compared to other stories. But I'd have to re-read it.

Incredible Member

Well, if nothing else, that's a pretty eclectic mix of interpretations. You could sum them up as "mostly the benevolent father figure of the world, but also some weirdo alien dude mixed in", sure, but that'd be oversimplifying.

Though, if it's "young Superman grappling with his Kryptonian heritage" that is the pitch... For The Man Who Has Everything, Secret Origin, Smashes the Klan, Kryptonite and Earth One would be the most direct inspirations for that aspect of the character, wouldn't they?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Edit:
    -All-Star Superman
    -Peace on Earth
    -Up in the Sky!
    -For Tomorrow
    -Camelot Falls
    -Loeb/McGuiness era
    -Red & Blue
    -Secret Origin
    -Kryptonite
    -Triangle Era as a whole
    -Space Age

This is gonna be hilarious..this list is surprisingly similar to Snyder's list for mos.So,yeah!
    I want to know what's inspirations for supermab return other than donner and Fleischer

Either way,you can't do the same thing over and over again.You aren't gonna get a different result.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-25-2023 at 08:26 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

He also liked Marv Wolfman’s reply Tweet saying how proud Wolfman was of Man and Superman. I loved that story a lot too. Hmm not sure how to feel, I like most of the stuff Gunn seems to which is encouraging, it’s just a matter of how strong the stories I don’t are going to influence his take.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Any news ? Any castings ?

Edit:
    -All-Star Superman
    -Peace on Earth
    -Up in the Sky!
    -For Tomorrow
    -Camelot Falls
    -Loeb/McGuiness era
    -Red & Blue
    -Secret Origin
    -Kryptonite
    -Triangle Era as a whole
    -Space Age

Ok how hard is it to just simply adapt Superman and the Men of steel? It’s literally tailored made for a movie adaptation of introducing Superman. Jesus Christ it shouldn’t be this hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Any news ? Any castings ?
    No and don’t expect anything on that front until SDCC at the absolute earliest.

I'm starting to feel that every declaration becomes less and less credible, like people are just asking Gunn questions and he's just saying, "Yes, I like it." Whatever Gunn makes is going to reflect very few of the stories and beats he's been quoted as saying he likes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'm starting to feel that every declaration becomes less and less credible, like people are just asking Gunn questions and he's just saying, "Yes, I like it." Whatever Gunn makes is going to reflect very few of the stories and beats he's been quoted as saying he likes.
    I don't know. these seem specific.I hate peace on Earth with a passion.It's sanctomonius bull crap with no value entertainment or otherwise..why the hell was it even written i would never know.I don't really care for what so funny(i know that's gonna be a huge thing considering the authority).I like supermobile though.

I maintain that if you want a good superman story.Read siegel and shuster.Do your own spin.. That's it.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Edit:
    -All-Star Superman
    -Peace on Earth
    -Up in the Sky!
    -For Tomorrow
    -Camelot Falls
    -Loeb/McGuiness era
    -Red & Blue
    -Secret Origin
    -Kryptonite
    -Triangle Era as a whole
    -Space Age

So rpetty much any popular/respected Superman story they ask him?

Seems pretty non-commital tbh