Page 163 of 167 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2502
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I can't wait for the movie to come out and be good so that we can end this trite discourse.
    Only to start a new discourse about the box office performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Only to start a new discourse about the box office performance.
    And in between those two conversations there will be the box office prediction discourse.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    And Batman originally used a gun back in the day, yet the character has evolved a great since then.

The Golden Age stuff is nowhere near relevant as you are saying, no one cares about the GA stuff.
    I am ok with batman having a gun.neither batman nor superman evolved they started treating kids like a bunch of idiots and got an overwholed.Batman doesn't kill nor use gun."Criminals are superstitious and cowardly".The guy beats people to coma.The guy made up mythical figure of fear that walks in the night.So guns would be nother contradiction.See these guys are people with flaws.On top of that vigilantes.These guys are not meant ti be emulated top to bottom.They just have their qualities that people can get attached too.

People have romanticised superheroes as pinnacle of morality to no ends,like they did knights back in the day.wheb the Truth is superheroes are just a reflection their dogmatic belief system.it's neither ethics guided by rationality and empathy nor philosophy guiding why they want a certain superhero(morality) to this way or that.a Don Quixote would be welcomed by me.

really?have you read duck tales?that thing has inspired half the things in pop culture.Duck man's simple adventure story.You might be underselling what superman did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Difference is that the current version of Batman which doesn't use guns is still popular. But Superman peaked in the Golden Age and has been on decline ever since.

The Big Galoot/Boy Scout version of Superman was solidified in the Bronze Age and it is no coincidence that Superman was also struggling massively in that era. Superman comics were selling very badly in that time.
    Yeah! Precisely it's still easy to get into batman.Cause he feels a guy around the corner(even with no guns sensoring).The depth of the character came back after silverage.It didn't even loose the levity of adam west batman
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-11-2024 at 07:25 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I can't wait for the movie to come out and be good so that we can end this trite discourse.
    Jeffery and Laser are never going to move on. There will always be something new to complain about.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This place is built for opinions,news,sharing excitement,voicing concerns,praising and complaining.That's how speech works.You voice what you feel.People can just ignore if they don't like.What is with policing? neither Jeffrey nor laser as far as i have read have made any abusive or posts of that sort.People here had no problems with pages on pages of complaints about zack snyder either.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-11-2024 at 08:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This place is built for opinions,news,sharing excitement,voicing concerns,praising and complaining.That's how speech works.You voice what you feel.People can just ignore if they don't like.What is with policing? neither Jeffrey nor laser as far as i have read have made any abusive or posts of that sort.People here had no problems with pages on pages of complaints about zack snyder either.
    They are spreading misinformation though which basically makes them trolls.

They aren't contributing to this thread in good faith.

Fantastic Member

Is saying that Gunn is going to make an amazing Superman film which shows him as a beacon of hope and inspiration for next gen of heroes also misinformation? We know nothing of the film so far. Saying anything positive or negative about film is just speculation.

My reason for thinking Gunn will sideline Superman is because WB has been trying to tank Superman as a brand (either deliberately or accidentally) for decades now. Jerry Ordway has talked about how DC refused to advertise Superman comics in the 90s when they were trying to do Death of Superman. They had to fight to get some promotion budget.

Gunn has himself said that DC is taking public domain really seriously and looking to unearth new diamonds from the rough since Superman will be entering the public domain soon. He is also the guy who wanted to do Evil Superman in his very first DC movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Is saying that Gunn is going to make an amazing Superman film which shows him as a beacon of hope and inspiration for next gen of heroes also misinformation? We know nothing of the film so far. Saying anything positive or negative about film is just speculation.

My reason for thinking Gunn will sideline Superman is because WB has been trying to tank Superman as a brand (either deliberately or accidentally) for decades now. Jerry Ordway has talked about how DC refused to advertise Superman comics in the 90s when they were trying to do Death of Superman. They had to fight to get some promotion budget.

Gunn has himself said that DC is taking public domain really seriously and looking to unearth new diamonds from the rough since Superman will be entering the public domain soon. He is also the guy who wanted to do Evil Superman in his very first DC movie.
    You do realize that “WB” isn’t an actual entity right? It’s made up of people. Previous regimes did not value Superman - Zaslav on the other hand does:

60271EFE-8BF7-40A3-B9E7-13954072A5B5.jpg

Granted he only values him in terms of how much money he thinks Supes can make, but he created a chart that listed Superman as a brand separate from DC as a whole that he values. You’ve complained elsewhere that James Gunn is too attached to his previous casts yet are also claiming that you think he’s going to toss aside a cast for a movie he’s directing himself to launch his shared universe in favor of… who? Batman? They have to share Batman with Reeves. They haven’t even gotten moving at all on WW, or Flash. Lanterns is an HBO Max show. Aquaman is unlikely to get anything. If you actually looked at the lineup and thought about it, you’d realize it’s likely the opposite scenario of what you think: Gunn is probably going to be aggressively centering Superman. Supergirl is apparently the second DCU movie and she will spin out of his movie. The Authority are also likely spinning out of his movie. Strong chance Superman cameos in both.

Gunn is loyal to his guys, I have no clue why you think Superman will be an exception where he’s going to spend a year making a film with these actors and then toss them all out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://x.com/dcfilmnews/status/1768...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

First look at the Engineer. I’m wondering if we’ll see her become the classic chrome depiction later on as a result of her battles with Superman.

Astonishing Member

The movie will be shot entirely in IMAX.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://x.com/dcfilmnews/status/1768...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

First look at the Engineer. I’m wondering if we’ll see her become the classic chrome depiction later on as a result of her battles with Superman.
    That's a lot of straps.

Astonishing Member

Funny fact: Luthor and Angela Spica's relationship in Gunn's movie possibly reminds of Azzarello's and Bermejo's OGN Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, in which he creates a female metahuman, Hope - with machine-like powers. In that story, Luthor has a female assistant named Mona, who is vaguely Teschmacheresque.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Funny fact: Luthor and Angela Spica's relationship in Gunn's movie possibly reminds of Azzarello's and Bermejo's OGN Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, in which he creates a female metahuman, Hope - with machine-like powers. In that story, Luthor has a female assistant named Mona, who is vaguely Teschmacheresque.
    Oh yeah, I remember that one!

Kind of reminds me of For All Season where Lex also transformed that one woman who had a crush on Superman.

What misinformation have they spread?Be that as a may.they have the right to spread it.Just as you can counter it.

I don't know what "good faith" means.

Incredible Member

Are the Kents in this movie? Haven't heard anything about their casting.

I hope so. I prefer it when his parents are both alive.