Page 3 of 167 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Is James Gunn going to be hiring himself to write all of these future DC projects? Or just the really important ones?
    My guess he will have a direct i out on the big priorities which Superman is

I feel really bad for Henry as he has been holding out hope of returning for a long time, but a full reboot is the best way forward.

I think Gunn is smart enough to not use Zod as the main villain yet again. Would be cool if Lobo is Superman’s first opponent. Young Superman fighting someone for the first time in his life who can go toe to toe with him. Basically what they did in the Man of Tomorrow animated movie.

Using aspects of Morrison’s Action run would be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I feel really bad for Henry as he has been holding out hope of returning for a long time, but a full reboot is the best way forward.

I think Gunn is smart enough to not use Zod as the main villain yet again. Would be cool if Lobo is Superman’s first opponent. Young Superman fighting someone for the first time in his life who can go toe to toe with him. Basically what they did in the Man of Tomorrow animated movie.

Using aspects of Morrison’s Action run would be amazing!
    I wouldn't use Lex either

Maybe Gunn already revealed who will be the bad guy for Superman in the new movie:

Lol is Gunn going to do what MAWS did and take influence from American Alien without actually adapting that story? Would be funny since I think he dislikes Landis.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't know, I feel Gunn would be too inclined in making Lobo cool and badass, more of an antihero than a villain and Superman could end up suffering because of it. Put Lobo in the movie and we risk seeing jokes on Superman expense and the audience laughting at Superman.

The truth is, almost any time they put a straigh arrow in contrat to a rebel, the straight arrow have a tendency to come out as boring. Look at Superman and Batman, Cyclops and Wolverine, etc. There's a reason the writers love Emma Frost, Deadpool, Lobo and Harley Quinn, because these are the character they can write the cool one liners and say all the mean stuff, they always say those are the most fun to write.

Now, if Gunn is willing to make Lobo the villain of the movie, the guy Superman is going to beat up in the end, then I could see it working out, now if he is going to make Lobo the anti-hero Superman fights in the middle of the movie before they team-up to defeat the true bad guy, then no.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 12-14-2022 at 08:38 PM.

Should at least give Henry a standalone farewell Superman movie. Done properly.

He deserves one.

What the hell.

How is Ezra still employed though? I hope they give Cavill a break with something else after all this bs

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    How is Ezra still employed though? I hope they give Cavill a break with something else after all this bs
    What makes you think he is? After The Flash is out Miller is 100% gone too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I don't know, I feel Gunn would be too inclined in making Lobo cool and badass, more of an antihero than a villain and Superman could end up suffering because of it. Put Lobo in the movie and we risk seeing jokes on Superman expense and the audience laughting at Superman.

The truth is, almost any time they put a straigh arrow in contrat to a rebel, the straight arrow have a tendency to come out as boring. Look at Superman and Batman, Cyclops and Wolverine, etc. There's a reason the writers love Emma Frost, Deadpool, Lobo and Harley Quinn, because these are the character they can write the cool one liners and say all the mean stuff, they always say those are the most fun to write.

Now, if Gunn is willing to make Lobo the villain of the movie, the guy Superman is going to beat up in the end, then I could see it working out, now if he is going to make Lobo the anti-hero Superman fights in the middle of the movie before they team-up to defeat the true bad guy, then no.
    The thing is Lobo doesn’t just go out and find someone for the hell of it. someone would have had to hire him to find Supes. The being the hired him could be the big bad.

Has Brainiac ever utilized outside help?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What makes you think he is? After The Flash is out Miller is 100% gone too.
    I haven't heard anything man. But after what he has done he should have been fired ages ago.

The thing is Lobo doesn’t just go out and find someone for the hell of it. someone would have had to hire him to find Supes. The being the hired him could be the big bad.

Has Brainiac ever utilized outside help?
    The Man of Tomorrow animated movie has Superman and Lobo clash because Lobo was hired by someone else to eliminate the last Kryptonian. Frankly that’s all the setup you need.
    I haven't heard anything man. But after what he has done he should have been fired ages ago.
    Gunn is definitely doing a full reboot, there’s no reason for him to keep Miller around. Only reason Miller isn’t gone is because WBD were afraid it would negatively impact the Flash’s box office returns.

A full reboot also means good bye to Aquaman 2, Shazam 2 as well

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

A full reboot also means good bye to Aquaman 2, Shazam 2 as well
    I dont think many will be sad to see Aquaman rebooted. Everything we've heard about the sequel sounds disappointing.

Damn I feel horrible for Cavill. I honestly hoped he'd return. Put me more in a sour mood than I realized. I hope he gets something out of this.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    If he is gonna do the savior shtick i would want that..If he is just gonna be Normal dude like in landis's take.There isn't a need for that.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"