Page 39 of 167 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, they've been married/paired together enough times.
    Doesn't mean anything..Clark has married lyla as well in dreams Albeit.This is an imaginary story so...

Also,some back drop of siegel and shuster love triangle atleast be there..If not prying into something personal or private

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You're fighting 80+ years of tradition. Best save the romantic drama for Conner, Jon, Kara and the others.
    Dude!i've spoken up against my disagreements againsts traditions that were being carried on since before christ...80 years doesn't mean much..And i don't think it's 80 years at all
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-12-2023 at 09:05 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    i hate that..This certainty that lois and clark will always get together.
    Gunn is a huge Donner fan and it seems that the film will be very Donneresque. IMO Gunn will try to recapture the magic and success of S:TM. Despite SR trying to do that and failing. Superman wearing the trunks, if he does, is a throwback to Donner. Some wanted the trunks dropped in SR, but Singer refused as his film was meant to be an homage to Donner's S:TM.

That means the Clark/Lois attraction will be part of the film. Though I hope he brings in a Lana Lang or other "potential" romantic interest for Clark. I assume Superman Legacy will be a stand-alone and not attempt to set up plot points for future films as there is no guarantee of a sequel and, if there is one, it probably wouldn't drop until 2030 or later given WBD putting out only 2 DC films per year this decade. Given that, there is no way I see Gunn doing a serious CLois romance in Legacy. It'll be flirtatious fun as Donner did in S:TM.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-12-2023 at 04:19 PM.

Doesn't mean anything..Clark has married lyla as well in dreams Albeit.This is an imaginary story so...

Also,some back drop of siegel and shuster love triangle atleast be there..If not prying into something personal or private

Dude!i've spoken up against my disagreements againsts traditions that were being carried on since before christ...80 years doesn't mean much..And i don't think it's 80 years at all
    I don't disagree but it's best to pick your fights. I'm more into the legacies than Clark so I don't mind saving the romantic drama for the others. I rather get an older more expierenced Clark than doing a rookie tale. So I'm fine with Clark and Lois already being established.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-12-2023 at 09:24 AM.

I'm curious as to what years you're saying they weren't a thing. Yeah, there was New 52, but even then some of the writers were ignoring the status quo.

i hate that..This certainty that lois and clark will always get together.
    Well too bad, because they are always each others' endgame and they always will be. If you want romantic ambiguity, maybe you should look to Kara or Conner or Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh it'd get attention, absolutely. But not necessarily the positive kind, audiences get a little weird with this stuff sometimes. Besides, this thing is gonna have plenty of eyes on it anyway; it's the kickoff to Gunn's DCU and after all the WB/Cavill drama there's no fear that people won't be paying attention. No reason to mix up the recipe solely for the sake of hype or "doing something different."
    Haven’t you been hoping for some of Morrison’s Action run to be an influence alongside me? That too would cause some people to complain because it’s not wholesome SuperJesus the way pop culture sees Superman. Look the only “safe” thing at this point would be to trot out CGI Chris Reeve and have him rescue kittens, with the occasional saluting of the flag, while the Williams Superman theme plays on repeat. But that would be boring and it would flop because despite what people say, they don’t actually want that. If people accepted Batman films where he’s not dating Catwoman, and Spider-Man films where he’s not dating MJ, as long as Lois is in the movie and treated right, I don’t believe there would be any major complaints from the general public.

This is a young Superman, people can understand and accept that he and Lois aren’t a couple as long as it’s shown that they’re interested in each other. Long as he isn’t dating WW (and even there most of the backlash would be from Clois/WonderBat shippers who like all shippers are a tiny minority) I think most people would be fine. We’ll get there eventually but it’s a 10 year plan, so you either have to sign up for the long term or stay away.

And we do need to see new stuff because we’re coming off the previous failed reboot which rushed through all of the major stories: Origin, death, turn to evil, Clois marriage and kid. Sure it was done as poorly as could be but it was still done. Trick is not replaying the classics but keeping enough of the old to show you *get* Superman while doing enough new to convince people who think they have the character pinned down as boring, or overpowered, or perfect, or whatever that there’s a whole side to him that the Snyder movies failed to capture.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Superman wearing the trunks, if he does, is a throwback to Donner.
    This makes no sense.whatsoever.The phantom wears trunks.Does that mean it's a throwback to donner?

Cool!if gunn is donner superman fan.I like a fair bit of that movie myself. It's just not my bread and butter.Even if it was rehashes are boring
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'm curious as to what years you're saying they weren't a thing. Yeah, there was New 52, but even then some of the writers were ignoring the status quo.

I think any portion where they where in triangle to be them not actually being together.It was typically a will they or won't they dance between the two and throw in the other identity(fake one) in there which depends on continuity.i mean superman's return to krypton wouldn't be possible if clois is a thing.Clark actually started dating lois in post crisis,where he comes clean and reveals his identity.All that jazz.

So i think clois is basically a will they or won't they dance for the most of 80 years.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-12-2023 at 08:00 PM.

I think any portion where they where in triangle to be them not actually being together.It was typically a will they or won't they dance between the two and throw in the other identity(fake one) in there which depends on continuity.i mean superman's return to krypton wouldn't be possible if clois is a thing.Clark actually started dating lois in post crisis,where he comes clean and reveals his identity.All that jazz.

So i think clois is basically a will they or won't they dance for the most of 80 years.
    I see. Fair enough. I don't entirely agree; it might not've been clear that they were going to end up together, but I'd also argue that nobody else in those time periods mattered like Lois. That said, I would agree that I don't necessarily want it to feel like Supes and Lois together was an inevitability.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I see. Fair enough. I don't entirely agree; it might not've been clear that they were going to end up together, but I'd also argue that nobody else in those time periods mattered like Lois. That said, I would agree that I don't necessarily want it to feel like Supes and Lois together was an inevitability.
    That's the thing about love stories..A romantic interest can matter for the entire story.But,at the end of it not end up together...But,it was a bit more than that in superman's case. i do agree.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-13-2023 at 01:34 AM.

I don't think that really compares to the level of focus and prominence of Lois and their relationship though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Haven’t you been hoping for some of Morrison’s Action run to be an influence alongside me? That too would cause some people to complain because it’s not wholesome SuperJesus the way pop culture sees Superman. Look the only “safe” thing at this point would be to trot out CGI Chris Reeve and have him rescue kittens, with the occasional saluting of the flag, while the Williams Superman theme plays on repeat. But that would be boring and it would flop because despite what people say, they don’t actually want that. If people accepted Batman films where he’s not dating Catwoman, and Spider-Man films where he’s not dating MJ, as long as Lois is in the movie and treated right, I don’t believe there would be any major complaints from the general public.

This is a young Superman, people can understand and accept that he and Lois aren’t a couple as long as it’s shown that they’re interested in each other. Long as he isn’t dating WW (and even there most of the backlash would be from Clois/WonderBat shippers who like all shippers are a tiny minority) I think most people would be fine. We’ll get there eventually but it’s a 10 year plan, so you either have to sign up for the long term or stay away.

And we do need to see new stuff because we’re coming off the previous failed reboot which rushed through all of the major stories: Origin, death, turn to evil, Clois marriage and kid. Sure it was done as poorly as could be but it was still done. Trick is not replaying the classics but keeping enough of the old to show you *get* Superman while doing enough new to convince people who think they have the character pinned down as boring, or overpowered, or perfect, or whatever that there’s a whole side to him that the Snyder movies failed to capture.
    I'm expecting more like Tomorrow-verse Superman than Superbro.

But yeah, even if they're not immediately dating, everybody obviously expects it to happen.

Gunn's looking at All Star for at least thematic inspiration, so the idea that it'll focus on Lana or some other love interest seems to be kinda odd. A through theme of All Star was the relationship with Lois. If its a younger Daily Planet focused Clark & Lois I think the triangle for two will be in play at least in the beginning and it may even hit on the reveal since that is a big factor in All Star as well.

Guardians and Peacemaker all include pretty decently handled romantic subplots, and if this is Gunn's chance to put his stamp on Superman, particularly where its a epic one off, I would be shocked if he decides to focus on Lana or anyone else. Particularly given he seems to like and be aware of Superman & Lois - something you could not say about the prior regime - and Lana is roundly criticized on that show and the showrunners seem very aware of it now.

That is something I have hear a lot. But also I have hear than this is not going to be an origin story, and it will show a Superman who already had been in action some time already. Not veteran superhero but not a newbie either.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That is something I have hear a lot. But also I have hear than this is not going to be an origin story, and it will show a Superman who already had been in action some time already. Not veteran superhero but not a newbie either.
    For what’s it’s worth, Superman in Gunn’s film is said to be 25 years old. So he’s about 2-3 years into his career as Superman by Legacy. He’ll already have a job at the DP, he’ll have some of his Rogues Gallery already, probably has the feud with Lex, but I doubt he and Lois are dating and she definitely won’t know his identity at this point. Basically The Batman but for Superman status quo wise.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Haven’t you been hoping for some of Morrison’s Action run to be an influence alongside me?
    Yup, but while I want that, I don't think we're gonna get it. At the very least, it won't be overt.

And like I said (I think?) I'm fine with Clark and/or Lois dating someone else....but the film should at least aim us towards an eventual Clois pairing.

Besides, the Golden Age/Morrison Superman fixes the problems people have with the character and his past films even if audiences might need a minute to process that and come to terms with the OG's superiority. But Clois isn't broken and doesn't need to be fixed.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that really compares to the level of focus and prominence of Lois and their relationship though.
    Movie can end like this.lois breaks clark's heart because clark was a doofus with all the secrets and lies..he then sits drinking some vodka(poor guy can't even get drunk) to find a gal with blonde hair and blue eyes triping over(like glasses guy). Realising clark just met the gal he just met in his hallucination with the plant.clark quickly jumps in with superspeed not caring for secret id nonsense..afterwards ask for a date as he winks at the camera.

There you go..lois is the star of the show..But,lyla is queen of Clark's heart.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-13-2023 at 11:38 PM.