Page 73 of 167 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2504
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Honestly, I don't know if I like this idea, I really hope Lois and Jimmy are the main characters along with Clark, but I admit I'm excited to have Apollo and Midnighter adapted into movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nervous as hell, can’t lie. If this is Gunn using Superman just to get to his beloved C-Listers I’ll be pissed. Snyder shoving as much as he could into BvS is what helped kill that film, and instead of Gunn just telling a good Superman story he’s already going straight for “this movie sets up a whole bunch of other movies”? Not a fan. Still there are those rumors that Brainiac is in this and I just rewatched GOTG 2 the other day, which I think is going to be the basic format Gunn will follow.
    I think the Gunn era projects will be all (or most of them) interconnected and lead into each others like episodes of a series. They are trying to replicate the MCU formula, so having characters introduced before having their own films has to be expected.

GOTG 2 starts off with the Guardians versus the Ravagers, and I think here we will see Superman vs. Stormwatch. Ego shows up and tries to recruit Quill because he needs another Celestial to help activate his seedlings, and I think Brainiac likewise will appear and try to recruit Superman to help him. Maybe Brainiac gives Superman the basic pitch of “hey I only bottle cities from planets that are doomed to try and preserve some remnant of the species” or Brainiac might be Kryptonian himself and try to appeal to Superman through their shared heritage/legacy. Just like how Quill finds out Ego killed his mom, Supes finds out Brainiac bottled Kandor and fights with him over it. Superman wins but Stormwatch gets destroyed and the Authority rises from the ashes in time for their movie, which I expect Superman will be in.
    I hope it'll turn out something like that, and there is a SM villain among the main antagonists. Not just doing a SM vs The Authority movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think the Gunn era projects will be all (or most of them) interconnected and lead into each others like episodes of a series. They are trying to replicate the MCU formula, so having characters introduced before having their own films has to be expected.
    Funnily enough Gunn himself actually criticized the MCU trend in a Facebook post that I can’t find now. It was around 2014 and he was calling out the MCU for making movies that didn’t tell engaging stories within themselves, and instead they were just setting up the next movie. I’d like to think he remembers that post and won’t be kicking off his new shared universe with the same mistake, but I guess we will have to wait and see.
    I hope it'll turn out something like that, and there is a SM villain among the main antagonists. Not just doing a SM vs The Authority movie.
    I’m really hoping it’s not just Lex and the Authority, but I have to admit it does sort of look like that. Brainiac could just be in the film as a sequel tease but I would not be happy about having to keep waiting to get to the stuff I want because Gunn would rather start setting up his shared universe ASAP.

In more pleasant news there is this:

Maybe Brosnahan is currently the top choice for Lois?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I have no idea what that stuff means but I really want it to be Corenswet and Brosnahan of the people I've seen so far
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I have no idea what that stuff means but I really want it to be Corenswet and Brosnahan of the people I've seen so far
    I agree 100%- rooting for the Americans on this one.

Saw a theory from someone that I think could work: Lex is in this because he’s filling the role Henry Bendix typically has of directing Stormwatch. Basically the conflict between Supes and Stormwatch comes about as a result of Lex and his feud. I like that theory, it’s reminiscent of Morrison Action having Lex be an advisor to the military.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Gunn liked a tweet from over a month ago that featured Brosnahan. Might mean she’s the front runner, perhaps she just did a test screening.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Funnily enough Gunn himself actually criticized the MCU trend in a Facebook post that I can’t find now. It was around 2014 and he was calling out the MCU for making movies that didn’t tell engaging stories within themselves, and instead they were just setting up the next movie. I’d like to think he remembers that post and won’t be kicking off his new shared universe with the same mistake, but I guess we will have to wait and see.
    A movie can do both: telling an engaging story while introducing new characters for other movies. If The Authority is there to serve Superman's arc instead of being randomly shoehorned into the film, they'll add value to the story.

I’m really hoping it’s not just Lex and the Authority, but I have to admit it does sort of look like that. Brainiac could just be in the film as a sequel tease but I would not be happy about having to keep waiting to get to the stuff I want because Gunn would rather start setting up his shared universe ASAP.
    Chap 1 is supposed to last 5 years, I assume there'll be loose ends that will eventually connect at the end of the chapter.

BANNED

The biggest problem with characters from outside the superverse with an important role in the movie is that Superman can't win, if the movie wins it's because of the DC universe, so the sequel will be another mix, but if it's a flop it will be Superman's fault . Whatever the case, the Superman universe ends in the background.

I don't really see how that could be the case, given that 90% of moviegoing audiences have no idea what the Authority is. Those characters won't be a draw during the film's marketing campaign, that's for sure.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    If he has them great, if he doesn’t have them that’s fine too. Just give him a thick red belt like the Reborn suit:

I’d also love to see him wear the Fleschier s-shield.

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

I might live to see Parasite or Silver Banshee on the big screen after all bros…

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I might live to see Parasite or Silver Banshee on the big screen after all bros…
    Parasite with a horror bent would be fantastic.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Man I hope we get a cinematic debut of Ultra-Humanite!!!

Who is the bottom right?