Page 1 of 167 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default James Gunn's Superman Coming In 2025

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...ZZkJKEGVwPZ3fw
    Peter & I have a DC slate ready to go, which we couldn’t be more over-the-moon about; we’ll be able to share some exciting information about our first projects at the beginning of the new year.

Among those on the slate is Superman. In the initial stages, our story will be focusing on an earlier part of Superman's life, so the character will not be played by Henry Cavill.

But we just had a great meeting with Henry and we’re big fans and we talked about a number of exciting possibilities to work together in the future.

I am writing (and have been for a while). We don’t know who is directing yet.
    Edit: Cavill officially announces that he is done as Superman.

Last edited by Vordan; 12-14-2022 at 07:15 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Personally, I'm excited as I feel a total reboot with a young Superman and thus brand new cast is the way to go and always was.

On the other hand I do feel bad for Cavill, with things flipping on a dime like this after he thought he was back.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Personally, I'm excited as I feel a total reboot with a young Superman and thus brand new cast is the way to go and always was.

On the other hand I do feel bad for Cavill, with things flipping on a dime like this after he thought he was back.
    At least it looks like Gunn and Safran are going to get him a new role in the new DCU (I guess that rumor about Momoa being Lobo is true). I’m fucking ecstatic personally, at least we’re finally free of Snyder. Gunn has at least read some comic books, maybe now there’s a chance we can get some Superman Rogues other than Lex or Zod. Hell Gunn is close with Morrison, maybe he’ll be adapting parts of Morrison’s Action Comics run!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

At least we can finally move on to a new direction. I would have preferred Cavill to remain but I get it.

Damn it's both good and bad

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Sad news indeed. It’s all on Gunn now to deliver a knockout reboot/origin.

I wish they would keep the old cast for ensemble (Justice League) movie exclusives. But I can understand wanting their own sandbox to play in.

Salute to our Cavilman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At least it looks like Gunn and Safran are going to get him a new role in the new DCU (I guess that rumor about Momoa being Lobo is true). I’m fucking ecstatic personally, at least we’re finally free of Snyder. Gunn has at least read some comic books, maybe now there’s a chance we can get some Superman Rogues other than Lex or Zod. Hell Gunn is close with Morrison, maybe he’ll be adapting parts of Morrison’s Action Comics run!
    @bold
    Mate, we’ve been free of Snyder since 2017.

You can’t blame Snyder for theatrical Justice League flopping.

Can’t blame him for WW84 being a mess. Which is now causing a row about Wonder Woman 3.

You can’t blame Snyder for Birds of Prey, The Suicide Squad or Black Adam flopping.

Snyder’s influence has long left the DC movies. It’s been 5 years since he had any creative control.

I guess Snyder is to remain the avatar of people’s hatred for reasons.

Definitely seems like taking some ideas from Morrison's run would be right up Gunn's alley, with the early Golden Age inspiration and street level feel (before the Vyndktvx stuff got into full swing). I have a hard time imagining how that wouldn't be a hit in today's climate.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Sad news indeed. It’s all on Gunn now to deliver a knockout reboot/origin.

I wish they would keep the old cast for ensemble (Justice League) movie exclusives. But I can understand wanting their own sandbox to play in.

Salute to our Cavilman.

@bold
    Mate, we’ve been free of Snyder since 2017.

You can’t blame Snyder for theatrical Justice League flopping.

Can’t blame him for WW84 being a mess. Which is now causing a row about Wonder Woman 3.

You can’t blame Snyder for Birds of Prey, The Suicide Squad or Black Adam flopping.

Snyder’s influence has long left the DC movies. It’s been 5 years since he had any creative control.

I guess Snyder is to remain the avatar of people’s hatred for reasons.
    Nah, even with him gone his casting and creative choices would have impacted any future movies with Cavill. This is the clean break I’ve been praying for, and it firmly ends that chapter of Superman’s history. No more evil Superman/Cuck Kent/godawful Eisenberg Lex hanging over us finally.

Just no Kryptonian Villains and keep Lex to a minimum. I love the Phantom Zone Villains and Lex but seriously can we get Brainiac or even Metallo Christ on a Cracker Terminator came out in 1984 it's ridiculous Metallo has never been on the big screen.

I want Brainiac so bad but I'm torn, because I also see the wisdom in starting off "smaller" so to speak before upping the scale of threat. Brainiac is upper-echelon. But I do know everyone's tired of waiting for him.

Glad we're getting a clean slate but wow what a rollercoaster it must have been for Cavill between this and Witcher. Major respect for him taking the bad news like a champ. Hope marvel has his number.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-14-2022 at 07:43 PM.

I think it being based on Superman and The Men Of Steel would be a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I want Brainiac so bad but I'm torn, because I also see the wisdom in starting off "smaller" so to speak before upping the scale of threat. Brainiac is upper-echelon. But I do know everyone's tired of waiting for him.
    Get Metallo, hell have Cavill play him, and then you can set up Brainiac for the next movie by revealing they built Metallo using tech the government scavenged from one of Brainiac’s drones which crashed on Earth ages ago.

Henry is being way to nice ,he got screwed royally and he didn't deserve it.

They could have kept him for a Flashpoint/crisis movie thst wraps up thst universe,or kept him as a older alternate superman somehow.

Henry run to Marvel(even though they suck right now )
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I feel bad for Cavill because I do think he could be a genuinely good Superman with the right script, but this was 100% the right move for WBD. Cavill is too associated with the Snyderverse and that general dark perception of DC that general moviegoers have of DC since BVS came out.

I don’t think audiences were going to accept a new DC Universe with the actors from the past films they disliked coming back.