Page 56 of 167 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    But if Corben got thrown out of the program, how does he become Metallo?
    Intergang, with quiet, secret assistance from Lex Luthor.

Corben wasn't a monster any more than he was a respectable officer and gentleman, and became an Intergang enforcer with some standards, and is in personality largely a professional type; his grudge against Lois is rather tame, for instance, as he doesn't believe in taking things personal . Then he "got" sick like in STAS, and got a body that merged hardware supplied by Apokilips, left over Brainiac Tech, and stolen STAR Labs tech, with a software control system coded by Luthor... and no sensory perception beyond audio/visual, unless someone else gives him a sensory program of some kind. He's still mostly sensible, but in extreme distress and trauma.

I think "man tricked into perpetual sensory derivation" is more maddeningly sympathetic than "punk crook as Terminator" *and* "Military man turned into bad guy by his government #5."
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    Not true. Haven’t had a single talk with a single actor about the role. Just making private lists, prepping material for auditions.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Grace should stop trying to report on DC. Even if she gets some info half correct, Gunn will say isn't true just for the sake of it and the inaccurate wording, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Grace should stop trying to report on DC. Even if she gets some info half correct, Gunn will say isn't true just for the sake of it and the inaccurate wording, lmao.
    This doesn’t come from Grace this time but it’s not that much more trustworthy: Apparently Gunn is going to be doing a Superman vs. The Authority movie as part of Chapter 1.

If that’s really in the cards then I hope Manchester Black is leading the Authority in Jenny’s place at first. Can’t really see her as being the type to try and murder Supes for getting in her way.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This doesn’t come from Grace this time but it’s not that much more trustworthy: Apparently Gunn is going to be doing a Superman vs. The Authority movie as part of Chapter 1.

If that’s really in the cards then I hope Manchester Black is leading the Authority in Jenny’s place at first. Can’t really see her as being the type to try and murder Supes for getting in her way.
    I do wonder now if they're planning to use the Authority in place of The Elite and are willing to let Superman go at the Authority like he did with the Elite (unless they think that might undercut their new team too much).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do wonder now if they're planning to use the Authority in place of The Elite and are willing to let Superman go at the Authority like he did with the Elite (unless they think that might undercut their new team too much).
    I’m not sure that the Authority can coexist with the League, at least not as contemporaries. The Authority as predecessors to the League, whose violent methods cause the League to be more restrained? Sure I can buy that no problem. But the League and Authority both operating at the same time? No I can’t see that. Not an Ellis/Millar inspired Authority anyway. My hunch is that the Authority will have been created during the Cold War, and part of Superman’s rise to prominence in the Gunnverse will be because he’s the one who finally put an end to them, opening the way for the JL to form (which if the rumor that a JL: New Frontier film is in the works is true, lines up with what they’re doing).

Definitely curious how Gunn will try to fit the Authority in. The comics have struggled with that since WildStorm was bought by DC and they've never found a good balance.

But I think the biggest reason for that is because superheroes, and the DCU, are built on a binary morality. Good guys do good things, bad guys do bad things, and IP like the Authority just don't have much space to occupy in that spectrum.

However! If the problem comes from the way the DCU was built, then Gunn can potentially make it work by including these characters early on. Trying to fold WS into the DCU eighty years after it was created is a problem. Folding WS into the movies, from the very start, might work. That'd mean the Gunnverse will be quite different from the source material but that's a good thing, it'll keep stuff fresh for us old fans and maybe provide a more complex ethical landscape than the MCU.

And while we're all sitting here saying "how could the Authority work in a world with the JLA? Wouldn't Clark and his friends just shut them down?" I think we need to remind ourselves of who is on the Authority and what they can do. I'm not at all convinced the League *could* shut down the Authority if they wanted to, forcing both sides to accommodate the other. Maybe the League agree not to go after the Authority as long as the Authority only go after dictators and the provably corrupt. Maybe the Authority agree not to tear down any governments unless the people themselves ask for it.

In any case, I very much look forward to Authority. It's one of my most anticipated movies and I'm less worried about how it'll all fit together than I am worried about whether WB/DC can finally knock out a film worth watching in the first place. And we'll see how things play out. I'm just hoping Gunn doesn't turn the League into a bunch of status quo enabling establishment men.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I’m not sure that the Authority can coexist with the League, at least not as contemporaries. The Authority as predecessors to the League, whose violent methods cause the League to be more restrained? Sure I can buy that no problem. But the League and Authority both operating at the same time? No I can’t see that. Not an Ellis/Millar inspired Authority anyway. My hunch is that the Authority will have been created during the Cold War, and part of Superman’s rise to prominence in the Gunnverse will be because he’s the one who finally put an end to them, opening the way for the JL to form (which if the rumor that a JL: New Frontier film is in the works is true, lines up with what they’re doing).
    Which would be funny to me if only because the Authority seem more Gunn's speed than the League, especially compared to how he handled the League in Peacemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which would be funny to me if only because the Authority seem more Gunn's speed than the League, especially compared to how he handled the League in Peacemaker.
    I’m sure of the two he would probably chose to direct the Authority movie himself if he could.

Astonishing Member

I think Drew Goddard will direct The Authority. He's already confirmed to be involved with DCU, and he's perfect fit for them.
    And regarding Justice League, it's probably going to be Muschietti, especially if The Flash is a huge hit.

The DCEUleaks subreddit shared some info they’ve heard:
    -They’re casting Jimmy right now and he’ll be in the 20-30 age range
    -Lex Luthor is also apparently getting a casting call

They also have heard that the Authority movie is being written by the same guy who wrote the Doom Patrol show, it’s set in the past, and it features the Center.

Astonishing Member

If that's true, The Centre is getting unexpectedly huge push, lol.

It was also on that Reddit's "leak" from few days ago you posted on the DC board. This Chap. 1 list is making the rounds in certain circles for awhile. Almost all scoopers pick stuff from the same "source". Hence, why you get them saying the same thing (legit of not) at the same time, like the "Cavill is back!!!!" screaming online in late August 2022.

The DCEUleaks subreddit shared some info they’ve heard:
    -They’re casting Jimmy right now and he’ll be in the 20-30 age range
    -Lex Luthor is also apparently getting a casting call
    Probably Grace mixed the Jimmy casting call for a Superman one. At least, she is half right most of the time, lmao.

It reminds me the confusing rumors back in the middle of 2022 about Coates' project being sort of split in 2 projects and one featuring a white Superman (Legacy?). Wtf?

I hope Jimmy is the same age or just 1-2 years younger than Clark in Legacy. I really want him to have the role that the Donner/Snyder films gave to the Kents where he’s the one Clark is having emotional heart to hearts with. It’s way past time to reestablish Jimmy‘s importance again. Need to have him know Clark’s identity too, I don’t think Jimmy benefits as a character from not knowing.

I hope Jimmy is the same age or just 1-2 years younger than Clark in Legacy. I really want him to have the role that the Donner/Snyder films gave to the Kents where he’s the one Clark is having emotional heart to hearts with. It’s way past time to reestablish Jimmy‘s importance again. Need to have him know Clark’s identity too, I don’t think Jimmy benefits as a character from not knowing.
    Yeah, they'll be probably peers in this.