Page 118 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2224
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t think Gunn will use Zod, we’ve seen him multiple times already. Gunn’s more likely to pick a villain we haven’t used before. My hunch is Legacy 2 would be President Lex and Metallo, and then Legacy 3 would be someone like Mongul. That’s if we get a Superman trilogy though, I’m more positive towards Gunn than most, but I am worried that he’s not going to stick with Supes once/if his DCU gets up and running. I want a Superman trilogy more than I care about a DCU.
    We have seen also Lex Luthor multiple times already. But I do hope there'll be more than the live action "trinity" of Superman villains (Lex/Zod/Brainiac).

Yeah, Gunn could move to do JL films like Snyder did if his DCU continues.

Might not be called the JLI, but in spirit that’s clearly what they’ll be. The “joke” League that makes way for the “real” League to come.
    My guess is that we'll get a large JL roster like in Young Justice or JLU and the JL A-Listers will be members with C-Listers like the ones in Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    We have seen also Lex Luthor multiple times already.
    If he’s really going to be President then at least it’s a take on Lex that we haven’t seen before. I’m not thrilled to be going back to Lex either but I suppose there’s merit to finally getting a more accurate modern Lex take on screen as opposed to the Gene Hackman knockoff Spacey played or the utterly awful and incomprehensible babbling Eisenberg take.

Yeah, Gunn could move to do JL films like Snyder did if his DCU continues.
    That’s not what I mean. Gunn doesn’t want to do the A-Listers, JL would never be his first pick. My fear is that Legacy is a pure case of “one for them” where Gunn has to get Supes up and running before he can focus on his true love: the C-Listers. Were it purely a matter of Gunn doing what he wants we wouldn’t see the JL or the Trinity at all, just more obscure properties like Creature Commandoes. Hopefully actually working on Supes will give him affection for the character, enough so that he’ll want to do a trilogy and the sales will be good enough to justify that. Otherwise history may repeat with MoS/Legacy doing enough to justify a shared universe but Supes himself getting shoved to the back so Snyder/Gunn can focus on their preferred choices: Batman/C-Listers.

My guess is that we'll get a large JL roster like in Young Justice or JLU and the JL A-Listers will be members with C-Listers like the ones in Legacy.
    Possible but I expect something more like the JLI to Morrison JLA transition. The “joke” League falls apart in the face of a legit threat and is replaced by a more serious team. At first that will be the Authority but then the League will replace them, or so my theory goes.
    For when my rants on the forums just arent enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Can we finally have Brainiac on big screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Zaslav is probably the worst CEO Warner ever had but what Legacy sets up is all on Gunn & Safran for their DCU. Potential buyers don't give a rat's ass about The Engineer, Guy Gardner or Metamorpho.
    Yeah, if you want to showcase the DCU put Wonder Woman, Bats and Flash in Superman Legacy. Zaslav doesn't know squat so maybe he doesn't realize this? The more reasonable explanation for Gunn filling Superman Legacy with B/C characters is his penchant for B/C quirky characters. GOTG for instance. Gunn's Phase 1 is mostly unappealing to me and lots of others I'd imagine. I'm interested in less than half the projects and won't watch them. Not a Peacemaker fan and the Waller series is a yawn to me.

Zaslav came in highlighting the Trinity and saying they'd been underutilized, but Gunn's Phase 1 shows no indication that he heeded Zaslav's wishes. No Wonder Woman film in the first couple of years is absurd. The Wonder Woman franchise is WB's most popular after Batman and Joker. Gunn and Safran's "diamonds of tomorrow" comment perfectly explains Gunn's DCU vision and that is to focus on the secondary characters (Screen Rant recently did a piece on this) and make them as popular as the top tier DC characters. This is why I doubt there will be a Superman Legacy sequel or that Superman will play much of a role in Gunn's DCU - other than occasional appearances in small supporting roles in the B/C character films. If S:WOT turns out to be another Wonder Woman I can see Gunn using Supergirl instead of Superman as the Kryptonian mainstay of the DCU and replacing Superman with Supergirl as one of the core JL team members. Gunn is not a Superman fan and for me that made him a no-go to head DC Studios.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 12-09-2023 at 01:41 PM.

If he’s really going to be President then at least it’s a take on Lex that we haven’t seen before. I’m not thrilled to be going back to Lex either but I suppose there’s merit to finally getting a more accurate modern Lex take on screen as opposed to the Gene Hackman knockoff Spacey played or the utterly awful and incomprehensible babbling Eisenberg take.

That’s not what I mean. Gunn doesn’t want to do the A-Listers, JL would never be his first pick. My fear is that Legacy is a pure case of “one for them” where Gunn has to get Supes up and running before he can focus on his true love: the C-Listers. Were it purely a matter of Gunn doing what he wants we wouldn’t see the JL or the Trinity at all, just more obscure properties like Creature Commandoes. Hopefully actually working on Supes will give him affection for the character, enough so that he’ll want to do a trilogy and the sales will be good enough to justify that. Otherwise history may repeat with MoS/Legacy doing enough to justify a shared universe but Supes himself getting shoved to the back so Snyder/Gunn can focus on their preferred choices: Batman/C-Listers.

Possible but I expect something more like the JLI to Morrison JLA transition. The “joke” League falls apart in the face of a legit threat and is replaced by a more serious team. At first that will be the Authority but then the League will replace them, or so my theory goes.
    For Christ’s sake man can we get someone other than Lex ? I’m pretty sure we will have a physical villain in the movie. But who? Lobo? Parasite? Metallo? Bizarro?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Can we finally have Brainiac on big screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    For Christ’s sake man can we get someone other than Lex ? I’m pretty sure we will have a physical villain in the movie. But who? Lobo? Parasite? Metallo? Bizarro?
    The pic I just shared feels like a Brainiac tease lol. Give it a bit, casting is still ongoing.
    For when my rants on the forums just arent enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It's weird to think about it.

Brainiac is pretty much Superman's TOP5(or even 3) villain, but he never showed up on big screen before. Even Ultron, who was a much less famous AI had made appearance in 2015.

Heh got me. Though Gunn is partly to blame, can’t say stuff like “oh yeah the Authority aren’t in Legacy :^). But some members of the Authority/Stormwatch are in fact in Legacy but I didn’t lie since they’re not the Authority yet :^)”. That pic is just such an odd thing to post if it’s not meant as a tease, but I suppose trolling is as fun for Gunn as anyone. I want Brainiac to show up so I’ll keep hoping he will for as long as casting is ongoing.

Brainiac is pretty much Superman's TOP5(or even 3) villain, but he never showed up on big screen before. Even Ultron, who was a much less famous AI had made appearance in 2015.
    Every cancelled movie has had him as the bad guy. Donner wanted him for Superman III, Singer wanted him for the sequel to Returns, he was going to be the villain of MoS2, it’s just bad luck that has kept him away. That and an idiotic obsession with returning to the Lex/Zod well.

Every cancelled movie has had him as the bad guy. Donner wanted him for Superman III, Singer wanted him for the sequel to Returns, he was going to be the villain of MoS2, it’s just bad luck that has kept him away. That and an idiotic obsession with returning to the Lex/Zod well.
    I remember Donner also wanted him to be not a pure villain?

I remember Donner also wanted him to be not a pure villain?
    Maybe you’re thinking of Burton who also had him as the bad guy for his Superman Lives reboot? Although he was going to be a villain there. Can’t remember if Donner shared any specific details about what he wanted for Brainaic beyond a desire to use him for Superman III.

Superman V written by Cary Bates/Ilya Salkind would have featured Brainiac. The film was to follow the Superboy TV series and tentatively star Gerard Christopher as Superman. The script was available online at one time but seems to have been purged. Still, you can find quotes from Bates about the script. In a twist Brainiac comes to Earth and shrinks Metropolis.

Hope that Brainiac is in SL but it's getting late and there are already 8 villains in the film (counting Lex). Plus, speculation is WBD is going to hold down the budgets on the first few films to under 150 million. The money may not be there for the FX needed to do Brainiac justice. A shame if he isn't in it as it may be the last chance to see him on the big screen.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 12-09-2023 at 04:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Considering, that he still hasn't been confirmed officially, I have a feeling, that if he's indeed in Legacy, he's going to be some sort of ''secret antagonist'', who will be revealed only in the third act, or something like that.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Superman V written by Cary Bates/Ilya Salkind would have featured Brainiac. The film was to follow the Superboy TV series and tentatively star Gerard Christopher as Superman. The script was available online at one time but seems to have been purged. Still, you can find quotes from Bates about the script. In a twist Brainiac comes to Earth and shrinks Metropolis.

Hope that Brainiac is in SL but it's getting late and there are already 8 villains in the film (counting Lex). Plus, speculation is WBD is going to hold down the budgets on the first few films to under 150 million. The money may not be there for the FX needed to do Brainiac justice. A shame if he isn't in it as it may be the last chance to see him on the big screen.
    Brainiac isnt really a FX heavy character. Krypton pulled off a very good Brainiac on a much smaller budget

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Brainiac isnt really a FX heavy character. Krypton pulled off a very good Brainiac on a much smaller budget

Yeah!that was sick..The ship design was cool as well
    "Peoples Dreams... Have No Ends"

Screen Rant recently stated the focus of Gunn's DCU will be on secondary DC characters. As that becomes obvious it's just a matter of time before Superman fans who've given Gunn a chance realize he's no different than Snyder insofar as Superman is concerned. Snyder didn't wait long to make the DCEU a Bat-centric universe despite initial implications that it would be Superman centric. Gunn isn't even pretending his DCU will be focused on Superman. Batman will play that role but beyond that the top tier DC characters will get short shrift. No Wonder Woman film in the first 3 plus years of the DCU? That's a red flag. The rumored schedule into Chapter 2 doesn't have another Superman project until 2030 - and that's a co-starring role with The Authority. Enjoy Lois, Perry and Jimmy as they may be one and done after Superman Legacy. If Superman Legacy is a DC Showcase film and not a Superman film Gunn and Zaslav could be up the creek. Many Snyder Superman fans will boycott SL - add non-Snyder Superman fans disgruntled over not getting a Superman film and SL could flop. WB has not had faith in Superman for years going back to the disastrous development hell Superman was in during the 90s.

From Screen Ranr which predicts the second half of Phase 1 to be announced will feature projects for some of SL's characters. How about a Hawkgirl film or Plastic Man series? Gunn/Zaslav seemingly believe this is the road to making the DCU a huge success.

Perhaps the most interesting takeout from James Gunn's DCU Chapter 1 slate is the franchise's focus on somewhat smaller DC heroes. Like Gunn did with the Guardians of the Galaxy for the MCU, and the various heroes of The Suicide Squad like Ratcatcher II, Peacemaker, and Bloodsport, the DCU will introduce lesser-known DC Comics characters as important figures in the universe. From characters like the Authority and those tied to Creature Commandos to even the heroes not known by general audiences like Booster Gold and Swamp Thing, Superman: Legacy can begin laying the groundwork for the DCU's focus on smaller DC characters.

Last edited by Jeffrey2; 12-10-2023 at 12:57 PM.