Page 35 of 167 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I imagine we might get a feats montage that homages All Star.
    Imagine if the opening sequence is Supes rescuing the first manned mission to the sun. Would be a great opening.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I imagine we might get a feats montage that homages All Star.
    Didn’t Man Of Steel also use All Star Imagery?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Didn’t Man Of Steel also use All Star Imagery?
    Yes.there was..a whole bunch of other comic book imageries as well.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Superman coming to terms with his Kryptonian heritage could also be a reference to Superman Smashes The Klan. Half of that book is Clark discovering his past and coming to terms with it. And it's one of the most popular Superman books in recent years.

They previously mentioned the film will focus on Clark as a journalist, and some fans speculated they were looking at Morrison's first Action Comics arc. Well, Superman Smashes The Klan's portrayal of him isn't far off from Morrison's. Both Golden Age-y.

So as of now, I'm guessing Legacy will be a mix of Gene Luen Yang and Morrison's work.
    This would actually be super rad. I loved that story. And any story where Supes fights bigots is a great one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If anyone was ever gonna give us some version of Golden Age/t-shirt Superman, it's probably Gunn. I can't think of anyone else who would theoretically want to do it, do it well, and get audiences to go along with it. Course, I don't really follow Hollywood or film culture so that doesn't mean much.

Still doubt that's what we're actually getting, I don't see such a radical departure from the norm getting approved no matter how much freedom Gunn/Safran claim to have (I don't dare to dream such a big dream) but I think that's a Superman which would appeal to Gunn a lot, and it'd influence whatever he does end up doing....as long as somebody thinks to show him!

We'll see what we get in two years, and I trust WB about as far as I can throw a green car regardless of who's in charge of the place this month, but for all my bitching and moaning....things aren't looking bad. Might even be looking a little good.
    I'm thinking the same (at least for Superman).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Someone took a pic of the logos. Probably just placeholders.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Yeah, they are placeholder comic-book logos for a private presentation. They'll likely show the real logos at SDCC.

Just read a news report saying Supes will be 25 and Inexperienced. Guess they didn't get the memo about fans not like that approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Guess they didn't get the memo about fans not like that approach.
    Source: I made it the **** up

Retired

I've been avoiding most of these announcements, as I'm now of the mind it's better to watch the movies when they come out and not be spoiled ahead of time. However, I do notice people using these umbrella terms in topic headings. My sense is those are just topic headings for the movies that the Safran/Gunn intend to produce, but they're not necessarily the actual titles of movies that will come out. I've come to hate the word "legacy" as it's used in comics, so I hope I'm right on that one. Am I wrong or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I've been avoiding most of these announcements, as I'm now of the mind it's better to watch the movies when they come out and not be spoiled ahead of time. However, I do notice people using these umbrella terms in topic headings. My sense is those are just topic headings for the movies that the Safran/Gunn intend to produce, but they're not necessarily the actual titles of movies that will come out. I've come to hate the word "legacy" as it's used in comics, so I hope I'm right on that one. Am I wrong or am I wrong?
    I would’ve gone with “Birthright” myself, and yeah I agree the name is terrible. It’s possible they might change it but if Gunn picked it and plans on directing then it’s probably what the final title will be. My hypothesis is that Gunn didn’t want to confuse people into thinking this could be a sequel to MoS, so he didn’t go with Superman’s other monikers like Man of Tomorrow or Last Son of Krypton.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I mean they can always change it as well.

My concern is will people show up for another Superman film? The excitement around the announcement is around the second Batman franchise, Green Lantern and Supergirl. Gunn has to deliver. Going with a young Superman is the only way to go. It looks like Gadot and Mamoa will remain as WW and Aquaman and having Superman younger than them fits the lore. Superman ages slowly. That only Cavill and Affleck were dropped is interesting. Cavill had too many issues. Affleck? Rumors are he didn't want to come back.

Casting Superman/Clark and Lois is key (in addition to the script). Young or not the actors need to be able to act and have massive chemistry together. Caill couldn't act and he and Adams has no chemistry.

It comes down to the box. SR did 400 million and MOS 668 million. In terms of inflation MOS had only a slightly larger box. Superman Legacy (bad title) needs to do about a billion to match MOS. I'm not sure a Superman film can do that, and I won't be surprised if the release date slips. Can Superman Legacy resell Superman to movie-going audiences? If not, it is interesting that Gunn has Supergirl in the wings. If the next Superman film fails at the BO DC will move on and focus on Supergirl as the face of the DCEU.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-06-2023 at 08:32 AM.

Can’t find the source, but here’s excerpts from an interview with Gunn (no clue if this is recent or old):

Some question if Gunn is the right person to script Superman Legacy. Given his eclectic taste in films and TV. That shows in his announced slate. Swamp Thing, Brave and Bold, The Authority and some of the TV series in the works. How do they tie these myriad properties together? Or do they even do that? Do they need to? When he presented the slate Gunn's excitement was mostly over projects like Swamp Thing and Authority. His Superman Legacy comments were perfunctory. It appears that if there is a core character tying it together it won't be Superman. I'm guessing it would Batman and the Bat family as Gunn emphasized introducing viewers to the Batman family. For instance, the Waller series could bring in Bat characters (if not Batman himself). The big question is to what extent will Superman be used in the DCU after Superman Legacy. Is a sequel possible or do they shoehorn Superman into other character's films as happened with Cavill after MOS?
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-06-2023 at 09:38 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It's recent. He said it after revealing the new slate few days ago.