Page 4 of 167 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Just no Kryptonian Villains and keep Lex to a minimum. I love the Phantom Zone Villains and Lex but seriously can we get Brainiac or even Metallo Christ on a Cracker Terminator came out in 1984 it's ridiculous Metallo has never been on the big screen.
    At this point, I’d settle for Parasite

Incredible Member

This great news! Cavils Superman was never really going to take off. This is exactly what I’ve been asking for. A movie about a young Superman with a greater focus on Clark. Hopefully a film that makes him feel more human and relatable. In my mind, his values do not come from Krypton, they come from the Kent’s. I want to see a Superman film where he grows into the role and struggle.

Similar to The Batman featuring a year two Bruce growing into the fully formed Batman product. Opposite in tone however.

Id like a human villain like Metallo or Parasite with hints of cosmic villains since his last film felt with invaders. Then have Brainiac. Ideally Alex is present from the beginning but much like Clark, growing into the role of his arch nemesis. I’d like to see their rivalry develop over an entire series.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 12-14-2022 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Henry is being way to nice ,he got screwed royally and he didn't deserve it.

They could have kept him for a Flashpoint/crisis movie thst wraps up thst universe,or kept him as a older alternate superman somehow.

Henry run to Marvel(even though they suck right now )
    Agreed. Going the "Superman: Lois & Clark" route would have been very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Oh hey, another origin story. Wonder if we'll see Krypton explode again. Surely that's what everyone's waiting for.

Now, being serious... I'm actually angry on Cavill's behalf, and I don't even like those movies. Coates' movie is apparently still going forwards, which may be a good or bad thing, hard to tell when we know nothing about it, but at the very least it may indicate that their policy of allowing movies outside of the shared universe in this new era is not limited to the already successful Joker and The Batman.

As for whatever Gunn may be writing... could be good. Hard to get excited for what appears to be another origin, and I can already smell Lex's involvement, but at the very least I hope he'll be more... irreverent, with the character (the best part of MoS remains the priest gulping dramatically when Clark told him he was the alien). Lord knows that trying to make the Definitive Statement With Superman In Current Times didn't help Superman Returns or MoS at all.
    Same here, too.

I'm excited for the new universe!! I do hope they at least show us Henry's cameo scenes as Superman that were supposed to be in the other movies.

As for his future in DC... maybe a Kingdome Come movie, and possibly as a more classic style Jor-El would be cool. There are no good reasons why we can't have multiples of characters. Audiences aren't stupid enough to be confused by alternate versions, and studios/critics/media/etc need to stop pretending that they are.

But here's the big one... what will they build now? The sky's the limit, and I'm hopeful about Gunn. If all goes well, this could be good. But they'd better stick the landing, or DC is dead for a generation. They're close to it, as it is. As I said, though, I'm hoping for the best.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

He is a father in comics and on S&L show, but movies start from the beginning AGAIN... Tired. I can finally be done with DC at this point. Forever close this door and never return. Time to move on. I'm exhausted with all this indecisiveness that plagued DCU and something tells me it will always be a part of this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Agreed. Going the "Superman: Lois & Clark" route would have been very cool.

Same here, too.

I'm excited for the new universe!! I do hope they at least show us Henry's cameo scenes as Superman that were supposed to be in the other movies.

As for his future in DC... maybe a Kingdome Come movie, and possibly as a more classic style Jor-El would be cool. There are no good reasons why we can't have multiples of characters. Audiences aren't stupid enough to be confused by alternate versions, and studios/critics/media/etc need to stop pretending that they are.

But here's the big one... what will they build now? The sky's the limit, and I'm hopeful about Gunn. If all goes well, this could be good. But they'd better stick the landing, or DC is dead for a generation. They're close to it, as it is. As I said, though, I'm hoping for the best.
    Cavill as Kingdom Come Superman would be cool, but given his Instagram post I think he’s done as Superman. Barring of course the return he could have if they ever do try another go at CoIE.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Cavill as Kingdom Come Superman would be cool, but given his Instagram post I think he’s done as Superman. Barring of course the return he could have if they ever do try another go at CoIE.
    True, though I think he means "as the mainstream Superman" in this context. That's not to say that I think they talked at all about KC or anything, that's just what I'd like to see (and that what he's saying wouldn't close the door on that due to that context). And CoIE would be amazing, as well.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think gunn writing a treatment clark not having humour and being a stick in the mud won't be a problem.The Usual treatment of characters that are popular that's a bit counter to the "i should be an example to people" would be treated nicely.Superdog might get a chance as the mascot on screen..Gunn would turn the dog into absolute cutey and might even become craze ala baby yoda and groot.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    He is a father in comics and on S&L show, but movies start from the beginning AGAIN... Tired. I can finally be done with DC at this point. Forever close this door and never return. Time to move on. I'm exhausted with all this indecisiveness that plagued DCU and something tells me it will always be a part of this franchise.
    A part of me feels what you do. I feel bad for Henry. The former people in charge at WB are at fault more than anyone here. After JL they didn't think Superman was good enough to headline another Solo movie but was just fine doing cameos in other films ? Screw that. They had the best actor to play the character since Reeve, an actor who wanted to delve info the character...and they did nothing with him because WB generally didn't seem to like Superman all that much. Screw that and screw Warners. At least the new regime isn't content to let Superman just sit there and rot....time will tell. Still think it was a mistake not to at least do one more film with Henry , a solo Superman film to close out this Era of DC with dignity.a bookend to MOS. Sigh. Oh well.

Also, I'm not all that impressed by the idea of Gunn writing a Superman film. I think I'm the only one on the internet to think Taika Watitti on Thor was a mistake and Ragnarok was a grossly overrated movie. Yeah it was entertaining and put butts in seats, but I feel it misses the whole point of the character and sacrifices him at the alter for the sake of "more color!!!! More laughs!!!! Fun fun fun!!!!! Fun at all costs!!! Yeah, it made a billion dollars and "saved " the Thor franchise...but completely missed the point of the character.

Now, yes, Gunn is not Watitti and it looks like he's just developing the sfory....and I think Gunn is very talented. I love the Guardians franchise and Suicide squad and Peacemaker were fun, but I'm not all that confident he's a good fit to guide the next cinematic Superman. My fear is that Gunn might go too far into irreverence and the drive to make everything not like Snyder and that universe to the point it becomes either yet another Donner repeat or something like Ragnarok with Thor and Watiti where they sacrifice the pathos of the franchise and any sense of drama and integrity in order to play to the masses and get Butts in seats. Nothing wrong with pleasing the crowd and getting butts in seats of course. I just hope in his quest to go opposite of Snyder that he doesn't go too far in the other direction.

I'm trying not to be the angry old man yelling at a cloud. I'm going to try and be hopeful that Gunn will knock it out of the park....but perhaps I'm too jaded to be completely positive.

Oh well...at least it looks like we will at least have four seasons of Superman and Lois.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-14-2022 at 10:33 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Yeah!i don't see gunn writing donner-esque superman.Pretty sure he isn't interested in that.If that was to be written someone else would have been brought in.This being more of a retooling might be possible.this is the guy that wrote a horror take of superboy..It's gonna be irreverent,clark does the whole dad in the cloud savior shtick who rescues kittens from trees and someone will call him out on it.And I think that will be more up my lane being honest..

Superman fans might not care for it though.it why i prefer gunn writing one of "villains" like manchester black,bloodsport,lobo,terra man..etc.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-14-2022 at 10:53 PM.

Another big positive is that if Gunn is invested in Superman’s corner, that means we stand a good chance of getting more Superman content beyond just the man himself. Maybe we can get another LoSH cartoon or even a proper live action HBO Max show, if they don’t recast Bloodsport he and the new Superman will definitely cross paths again, and we can finally get the cool stuff like a proper Fortress and Krypto!

Jumping the gun I know but imagine Superman getting the HBO Max shows that Batman is getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Still think it was a mistake not to at least do one more film with Henry , a solo Superman film to close out this Era of DC with dignity.a bookend to MOS. Sigh. Oh well.
    It’s kind of fitting that Cavill ends his tenure as Superman cameoing in a critical/commercial flop meant to set up future stories that are not happening now
    Oh well...at least it looks like we will at least have four seasons of Superman and Lois.
    Yeah I think S&L will keep going for one more season, ending in time for Gunn’s reboot.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    A part of me feels what you do. I feel bad for Henry. The former people in charge at WB are at fault more than anyone here. After JL they didn't think Superman was good enough to headline another Solo movie but was just fine doing cameos in other films ? Screw that. They had the best actor to play the character since Reeve, an actor who wanted to delve info the character...and they did nothing with him because WB generally didn't seem to like Superman all that much. Screw that and screw Warners. At least the new regime isn't content to let Superman just sit there and rot....time will tell. Still think it was a mistake not to at least do one more film with Henry , a solo Superman film to close out this Era of DC with dignity.a bookend to MOS. Sigh. Oh well.

Also, I'm not all that impressed by the idea of Gunn writing a Superman film. I think I'm the only one on the internet to think Taika Watitti on Thor was a mistake and Ragnarok was a grossly overrated movie. Yeah it was entertaining and put butts in seats, but I feel it misses the whole point of the character and sacrifices him at the alter for the sake of "more color!!!! More laughs!!!! Fun fun fun!!!!! Fun at all costs!!! Yeah, it made a billion dollars and "saved " the Thor franchise...but completely missed the point of the character.

Now, yes, Gunn is not Watitti and it looks like he's just developing the sfory....and I think Gunn is very talented. I love the Guardians franchise and Suicide squad and Peacemaker were fun, but I'm not all that confident he's a good fit to guide the next cinematic Superman. My fear is that Gunn might go too far into irreverence and the drive to make everything not like Snyder and that universe to the point it becomes either yet another Donner repeat or something like Ragnarok with Thor and Watiti where they sacrifice the pathos of the franchise and any sense of drama and integrity in order to play to the masses and get Butts in seats. Nothing wrong with pleasing the crowd and getting butts in seats of course. I just hope in his quest to go opposite of Snyder that he doesn't go too far in the other direction.

I'm trying not to be the angry old man yelling at a cloud. I'm going to try and be hopeful that Gunn will knock it out of the park....but perhaps I'm too jaded to be completely positive.

Definitely agree with all of this, too. I will say, after seeing what he did for Harley Quinn (giving her more character growth in 10 minutes what two other whole movies did, imho), I'm willing to give him a shot. I'm kinda sad that they used Starro in TSS, because that would have been a great fit for a new JLA film. So deep cuts and character have me interested.

I agree with "fun at all costs," but I'm willing to see one "fun at all costs" movie squeak through before going "ok, we've reset, now let's do this for real."
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I haven't heard anything man. But after what he has done he should have been fired ages ago.
    DC said months ago that they’re done with Ezra after the flash movie. It’s only still getting released because they’ve already spent 200 million dollars on it and Ezra is in virtual every scene, so they can’t just replace him digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Another big positive is that if Gunn is invested in Superman’s corner, that means we stand a good chance of getting more Superman content beyond just the man himself. Maybe we can get another LoSH cartoon or even a proper live action HBO Max show, if they don’t recast Bloodsport he and the new Superman will definitely cross paths again, and we can finally get the cool stuff like a proper Fortress and Krypto!

Jumping the gun I know but imagine Superman getting the HBO Max shows that Batman is getting.

It’s kind of fitting that Cavill ends his tenure as Superman cameoing in a critical/commercial flop meant to set up future stories that are not happening now

Yeah I think S&L will keep going for one more season, ending in time for Gunn’s reboot.
    I’m interested in the future of Superman but man I feel gutted for Henry. I just hope he can come back for a NWH style multiverse team up one day.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

This is possibly the first time an actual fan of Superman is writing the movie. Most filmmakers and writers always say they had trouble finding a theme because they “don’t get Superman”. Snyder seemed to think that Frank Miller’s version of the DCU should be the ideal. Ugh.

I’m looking forward to his take of Supes. Gunn is friends with Grant Morrison. Maybe he’ll bring him in as a consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This is possibly the first time an actual fan of Superman is writing the movie. Most filmmakers and writers always say they had trouble finding a theme because they “don’t get Superman”. Snyder seemed to think that Frank Miller’s version of the DCU should be the ideal. Ugh.

I’m looking forward to his take of Supes. Gunn is friends with Grant Morrison. Maybe he’ll bring him in as a consultant.
    Wait?James gunn is a superman fan???he rejected superman for suicide squad.Heck!the first thing he seemed interested in was lobo..These characters don't really scream superman.He has posted pics of clark kent glasses guy on the twitter..But, that's about it.If morrison it might be my kinda superman as in the guy in tshirt and jeans or the guy leading the authority.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-14-2022 at 11:46 PM.