Default DB Goku VS the Baki-verse

Goku without any power ups joins the Baki verse tournaments. First arc DB Goku ONLY.

How does he do?
    Last edited by Kuro; 12-14-2022 at 07:32 PM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I don't really know where Baki characters are at these days, but I'll just bring up that Pilaf arc Goku's durability is such that getting shot a few times just makes him mad and otherwise doesn't hurt him, and getting smashed into a huge rock formation hard enough to turn it into rubble doesn't do any better.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

What are we saying constitutes first arc? Early DB doesn't really have arcs per say, it's more just a collection of smaller stories.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    What are we saying constitutes first arc? Early DB doesn't really have arcs per say, it's more just a collection of smaller stories.
    Hmm….., up to Roshi blowing up Ox King’s Castle maybe?

That’s kind of the first arc….maybe.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Perhaps Goku will attack in a powerful, linear fashion, much like a bullet that can achieve mach 5 from a completely ordinary rifle, and end up being casually deflected by a sideways poke because the more powerful the linear strike, the easier it is to deflect it waaaaaay off target. Even with a leaf.

...it's possible that the newest Baki-Dou has another instance of 'Itagaki interprets reality in a very odd fashion'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I think you can pretty much divide it into either tournaments or times the heroes gathered/used the dragon balls. Prior to training with Roshi, this is really just a question of whether he has the kamehameha or not.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 12-15-2022 at 07:18 AM.

First arc pretty much ends after Goku goes ape and destroys Pilaf's castle.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Let's say that his battle with Yamcha is a pretty solid indicator of his abilities:

Early Goku is a lot more durable than the majority of the Baki crew. But he's also kind of slow at this point and doesn't have anywhere near their level of skill or experience.

I think it's a pretty safe guess that he's going to beat anyone from below Retsu Kaioh. All of the people above that are going to have a hard time putting him down. Someone like Hanayama, who doesn't really believe in defence, is going to have a hard time because Goku is likely a fair bit stronger than him so his usual mode of "punching contest," isn't going to work out.

He does have SOME speed and would occasionally do super fast dodges, but I doubt he'd rate higher than what you'd call CBPH - definitely nothing like assembling a toy out of parts while being smashed through a car. IIRC, the only reason Yamcha even landed that wolf fang fist on him was that Goku was hungry (which is a notable weakness at this point in his life too, since it came up a lot). I will note that, as long as we're going up to Pilaf, bloodlusted Goku is also flying on his cloud and has basically unlimited range thanks to his staff. This probably still won't beat a *major* speed advantage, but it does mean he has control of the pace of the fight if he wants
    Last edited by BitVyper; 12-16-2022 at 07:29 AM.

Can't forget that Goku is incredibly fast at learning new moves. Including his foes.

Extraordinary Member

IIRC, the traditional placement for the end of the first arc is when Goku splits off from the crew to go train with Roshi.

So by this point, Goku has the Kamehameha at his disposal

It would be a terrible idea for him to actually use it here. It's not very strong in the Pilaf arc, and it significantly exhausts him.