Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Anyway, I was completely indifferent to Cavill coming back.

This confirms the Snyderverse is done and DC/WB is better for it.

Despite what the LOUD guys (and their bots) on the internet say, the Snyderverse is really tainting the DC movie side of things. A clean break is best for business.
    SnyderVerse fans are melting down on Twitter, less so here at CBR compared to Twitter, really. No one here is being so embittered as some of the Cavill and Snyder fans on Twitter. Interestingly, hardly anyone is crying about Black Adam and the Rock.

I thought I was a SnyderVerse fan, but dang, they are rabid on Twitter, calling for a boycott on Gunn’s and Safran’s DC Studios.

I don’t think I qualify as a SnyderVerse fan anymore. I just don’t care that much.

I never really enjoyed Cavill’s performances as Superman, despite liking the movies.
    Last edited by Brian B; 12-14-2022 at 09:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if part of Gunn's plan is to purposely recast Momoa, Cavill, and Gadot in different roles. I really don't know if there's a method to his madness.

I am disappointed, but c'est la vie.

Cavill is a great actor, and I think his potential as Superman went untapped. But as long a we get a good Superman movie in the future, that is all that matters.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    So is Liam Hemsworth somewhere going "Uh Oh" .
    I doubt it, Cavill had more problems with that production on its own merits.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Affleck will likely want guarantees from this new version of Warner Bros that any project he does come on , won't be screwed up or he gets the blame like he did on Justice League in 2017. Which the "then" Warner Bros before the last group came in , decided well...the film under-performed not because it wasn't good and too rushed ahead without a concrete plan to build , NOPE it was Ben Affleck's fault because of his marriage issues.

Ben promptly walked away from it all after it til the previous group convinced him to return as Batman in Flash. Which they had to repair that relationship. So now the new , NEW guys have to see if he will be part of creative or ..a new role in new DC Film Universe.

Cavill was ultimately screwed up on here. He had thought he'd be coming back like Affleck. That there would be a push to get everyone back slowly together. Dwayne Johnson won't be happy because he pushed hard for Cavill and teased things with that.

Miller is likely DONE. No way Gunn wants that baggage. So he's out. Gadot is likely done as well. Since Jenkins is leaving WW3 and that project is done.

Now personally ....Gunn needs to use Flashpoint as the FINAL ...DCU Snyderverse film.

- If anyone read the final pages of Flashpoint back in 2011 , the book had some minor changes to Flash's costume and no one noticed that or the whole universe changed. He hands Bruce the letter from his dad and at this point Bruce has no idea how much has changed.

In this version of Flashpoint we need a final scene of Flash and Batman together. They can discuss things and how it all feels different after the adventure with time etc. Then we see Affleck is not Batman. No he's changed...its the new actor James Gunn selects playing Bruce. The Flash undoes his mask and we see Miller is gone. Its the new Flash actor.

"I feel... like its a whole New Era , Barry for us all." - Batman.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think it's for the best too. No offense to Cavill, who is a first rate actor and seems like a class act as a person, but he had the misfortune to star in a Superman movie written and directed by someone who didn't seem to understand the first thing about the character.
    I mean I get it since the parts he had in the DCEU movies he was in were so big, but on some level it's a shame he doesn't get a chance to redeem himself in the role, in the same way that Ryan Reynolds did with Deadpool, Jamie Foxx with Electro, or Joel Kinnaman with Rick Flag.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    …Dwayne Johnson won't be happy because he pushed hard for Cavill and teased things with that.
    I wouldn’t say Gunn and Safran don’t care about WB’s relationship with the Rock, but I think DC Studios is totally done with Dwayne as an anti-hero Black Adam. WB will not make a sequel or allow the Rock creative input at DC. He tried, it didn’t work out, and he may have bothered Safran by getting a Black Adam deal instead of appearing as the villain in Safran’s Shazam movie.

…Miller is likely DONE. No way Gunn wants that baggage. So he's out….
    I wouldn’t be surprised if he was gone. I wouldn’t be all that surprised if they release the movie anyway, but they’ll keep Miller at arm’s length. I don’t think he’ll be back ever after maybe the Flash movie getting released

Now personally ....Gunn needs to use Flashpoint as the FINAL ...DCU Snyderverse film.
    Supposedly the Flash isn’t locked. I could see DC Studios taking a knife to it to turn it into something other than a farewell to the SnyderVerse. I’m thinking if they do release the Flash, they’ll want it to remind viewers of what’s gone on previously as little as possible.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

So all this means is that Shazam 2, The Flash, Aquaman 2 and possibly Blue Beatle Is a wast of time LMAO!!!

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    The Snyderverse has been dead since 2017. Before theatrical Justice League.

I don’t think you can blame or credit Snyder for anything that that’s come out since 2016.

It wasn’t Snyder’s decision to recut Suicide Squad to be similar to Deadpool 1. That was an executive decision.

Birds of Prey flopping wasn’t Snyder’s fault.

WW84 flopping and middling reviews aren’t Snyder’s fault. The current situation regarding Patty Jenkins walking from Wonder Woman 3 and that movie being canned. Given her expanded influence on WW84, its not something execs want to see a repeat of.

Gunn’s own The Suicide Squad flopping.

Ezra Miller self-destructing and jeopardizing the Flash movie. Even back in 2017, the WB execs were hyping Flashpoint to erase the Snyder influence. Now all those execs are gone too.

Black Adam flopping also isn’t Snyder’s fault.

Nor are WB’s inaction on those Green Lantern projects going. WB has been saying for years that they’ve had plans for GL and GL Corps on HBOMax.

The successes of Aquaman 1 an Shazam 1 can’t be attributed to Snyder’s influence. Nor will the sequels success or failure be as a result of Snyder.

Since JL theatrical, every director, producer writer team has just done their own thing. And that started 5 years ago. It’s almost 2023. I don’t think we can say the Snyder influence is effecting the movies in anyway. I doubt the general audience is parsing the films released under the DC label by any assumed associations either.
    Agreed with everything here, most of this was WB's fault for not having a direction, and Hamada throwing **** against the wall to see what would stick.

all i know is, if i were marvel i would sign up cavill for a role immediately. Hyperion of course comes to mind. Sounds like Gadot might be available too. heck maybe they can convince Affleck to play Nite Owl

I did not care at all for MoS or BvS but in each case that was despite, not because of Cavill. He did a good job and I wish he was given the chance to make the "more hopeful" Superman story he wanted to make.

I'm even more disappointed that we're apparently in for yet another "early years/year one" DC movie.

Extraordinary Member

Superman the early years Gunn style....

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

What a mess of news, Cavill in then out.

It's crazy that all the pressure in the entire universe rests on Gunn doing a proper nondivisive wildly successful consensus Superman film (since this film would need to propel this whole new cinematic universe). A feat that has long eluded Warner/DC (since Donner).

I wouldn't want to be in Gunn's shoes on this goal, or Warner/DC's shoes either.

Gunn should mostly definitely look to Morrison and All-Star Superman for ideas for this new Superman film. He should immerse himself into Morrison and his thinking about superheroes.

Lex should have at least some role in the film, they should strongly consider Michael Rosenbaum, but I admit some bias of mine on that point (as evidenced by my avatar).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    I did not care at all for MoS or BvS
    I hated those two, but enjoyed Snyder's cut of JL, so I'm in a weird limbo of (mostly) hating Zach Snyder, but also oddly liking enough his JL film and I would have supported seeing its sequel.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-15-2022 at 07:39 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

Gunn, DCU and WB can all go F themselves.

Sure, there were problems going back to Snyder, but this is just wrong. I'm not sure why WB gave Gunn a leadership position aside from his movies aren't as dark and dismal as Snyder's. I haven't been that happy with Marvel either. I think I'll just go back to reading stuff from my archives.

Astonishing Member

I can't believe they are still moving forward with Ezra Miller's Flash. What will it take to get this film torpedoed?!!!