Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Gal is out as WW it seems also, cameos cut from Flash - who is gone also. I can't see them building a new DC universe, esp. if we go back to origin stories.

Bats parents get killed, he goes nuts - we know that.
    Kal raised as a good boy hick - we know that.
    Diana - what are those things called men? Hmmm?

They meet and have some interpersonal conflict.

Oh, Yawn!
    This reminds me of the current comic book industry.

No matter how well a series does, or if it garners critical acclaim or not, you have no idea how long it'll last. After a while, you just stop caring.

Gonna see the same thing with DC, or we keep getting yanked around, or good, well received movies don't get sequels (WW)

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Gal is out as WW it seems also, cameos cut from Flash - who is gone also. I can't see them building a new DC universe, esp. if we go back to origin stories.

Bats parents get killed, he goes nuts - we know that.
    Kal raised as a good boy hick - we know that.
    Diana - what are those things called men? Hmmm?

They meet and have some interpersonal conflict.

Oh, Yawn!
    Gunn has said that his Superman script will feature a younger Clark Kent in Metropolis but it's not an origin story and he will already be familiar with some of the major players in the DC Universe. So origin rehashes aren't likely.

Astonishing Member

Gunn must know he is making it extremely difficult to launch a successful DCU by discarding some popular actors -- particularly Cavill, Gadot and Momoa. I don't really associate any one actor with Batman -- and Miller's version of Barry Allen was almost as bad as Eisenberg's Luthor.

He is going to have to do everything right -- or both critics and fans will be all over his ass.

What's strange to me is that DC just ended their Arrowverse line of shows, and then they do this apparent reboot of their cinematic universe. Its like they are starting from scratch completely when only like 30 percent of it was a problem. Classic case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Gunn must know he is making it extremely difficult to launch a successful DCU by discarding some popular actors -- particularly Cavill, Gadot and Momoa. I don't really associate any one actor with Batman -- and Miller's version of Barry Allen was almost as bad as Eisenberg's Luthor.

He is going to have to do everything right -- or both critics and fans will be all over his ass.
    If these thespians were so popular, then the movies would have been successful, which not all were, not at all.

Look at Momoa. His Aquaman movie was massively successful. They’re keeping him around. Gunn maybe planning an even juicier role for him — Lobo.

Gadot has a DC hit and a big box-office flop to her name. Her future at DC is unclear.

Cavill has nothing to show DC but a string of failures. He’s out.

Affleck’s Batman did badly, but he’s shown great talent and success, critical and financial, behind the camera for WB. Gunn very specifically and strongly stated he wants Affleck back to make them a movie, not as an actor, but behind the camera. Given how long it’s been since Ben directed (10+ years), I’m more excited about him as a director for DC than any role he could play.

The writing is on the wall. It’s pretty clear, if a talent made WB or DC money, they’re keeping that talent.

If a talent didn’t make WB or DC money, they’re getting rid of them.

The metric here isn’t hard to figure out. It’s money and success.

Ezra is only sticking around for the moment because they have spent so much money on Miller and the Flash, DC doesn’t know what else to do but plunge forward. They’re clearly not sure how to handle that whole situation.
    Last edited by Brian B; 12-19-2022 at 01:01 PM.

Marvel would be smart to find a roll for him in the future.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Marvel would be smart to find a roll for him in the future.
    I know there use to be Captain Britain rumors about him.

Henry Cavill did a decent performance as Superman. but he lacked the mild-mannered naivete and down-to earth charm of Christopher Reeve.

Amazing Member

I had only seen one movie with him but I will miss his presence. I hope whoever replaces him will do a good job.

Astonishing Member

Gal, Henry and Batfleck have less than stunning success not due totally to their acting but the crappy story lines in their movies. The 2nd WW - for God's sake, did they run script by a focus group out of their closed loop?

The genius who came up with Lex - oh, wow!

Gal, Henry and Batfleck have less than stunning success not due totally to their acting but the crappy story lines in their movies. The 2nd WW - for God's sake, did they run script by a focus group out of their closed loop?

The genius who came up with Lex - oh, wow!
    Gal’s future at DC Studios is unclear. No one has said she is out. Gunn has somewhat obliquely denied this. Jenkins’ WW3 is definitely not proceeding. Gunn might have other plans for her. We shall see.
    Last edited by Brian B; 12-21-2022 at 01:23 PM.

Eh, I never got the huge Cavill love - he was alright. That's it, just alright. He never moved or captivated me, he was just passable. Better scripts aren't going to make him a better fit for the role. He's an okay-ish actor and a more than likeable human being, but I'm more than ready to give someone new a chance to really capture Superman on screen.

Extraordinary Member

Cavill was a good Superman imo, he just never had good material because his director wanted to tell the big epic story over the little moments that made other versions work.

None of these actors were irreplaceable imo. Superman and Wonder Woman are hard to cast, but not impossible. We've had multiple good Batman's. Mamoa was just playing Mamoa as Aquaman.

Amazing Member

That is a good point. I would have love to see Henry Cavill continue as Superman if only he had better material to work with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I never got the huge Cavill love - he was alright. That's it, just alright. He never moved or captivated me, he was just passable. Better scripts aren't going to make him a better fit for the role. He's an okay-ish actor and a more than likeable human being, but I'm more than ready to give someone new a chance to really capture Superman on screen.
    I agree with this. Cavill was as stiff as a goalpost, and nobody supported his movies. Now all of a sudden he's the perfect fit for Superman?

Oh, and Gal's garbage as well. Hopefully they're rid of her too.