Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Also, I do not know at all how reliable that entertainment columnist is, but his tidbits from unnamed sources are interesting .. .
    The column adds to the picture. I wish I knew more about this columnist and his reputation for being right or wrong.
    Yeah, I simply cannot speak to the reliability of this columnist article, but I found the tidbits interesting nonetheless and hadn't seen those reported elsewhere (not that I obsessively follow media industry news mind you, I certainly do not). Just an angle in this storm that maybe few are noticing enough or thinking about. But I think it's also true that even if WBD were eventually sold, it's not something that would happen in the near term probably or be finalized quickly due to anti-trust concerns. So this angle may not affect Gunn's moves much for now.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-16-2022 at 07:18 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

I agree with the origin fear. A young Superman? Yawn, yawn, yawn. Kal discovers he has powers when he blows into the ear of his prom date and her brain comes out the other side, splattering against the window of the Kent pickup truck.

Kal says I'd better act like a wuss, and then moon over Lois, Lois, Lois.

Who cares about a young Kal? About about a Home Alone with Kal where he tears the head off the burglars at superspeed or incinerates them with heat vision. How about a Foot Loose Kal where on his first mission he brings dance to Smallville by space tossing the anti dance dude.

How about Kal discovers X-ray vision and the cheerleaders! Rated "R".

How about Kal lets his parents die in a flood to save his 'secret'? Oh, we did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I agree with the origin fear. A young Superman? Yawn, yawn, yawn. Kal discovers he has powers when he blows into the ear of his prom date and her brain comes out the other side, splattering against the window of the Kent pickup truck.

Kal says I'd better act like a wuss, and then moon over Lois, Lois, Lois.

Who cares about a young Kal? About about a Home Alone with Kal where he tears the head off the burglars at superspeed or incinerates them with heat vision. How about a Foot Loose Kal where on his first mission he brings dance to Smallville by space tossing the anti dance dude.

How about Kal discovers X-ray vision and the cheerleaders! Rated "R".

How about Kal lets his parents die in a flood to save his 'secret'? Oh, we did that.
    We are gonna get Teen Angst Kal...Probably end up with Lori and then we find out he is Aquaman's real father...

Hollywood Reporter has an article up with more color about Cavill being out and Gunn’s creative takeover of DC Studios.

The key quote is this, which just reinforces that bosses don’t hire schills of rivals.

“In the end, he was a pawn in Dwayne’s failed attempt to control a piece of DC,” one insider observers.
    Other rumors at the podcast Deux U claims Henry was difficult on the Witcher. I’m not linking to it because it seems pretty dicey for a supposed fact.

I’m not buying that he’s so difficult. Amazon got him that Warhammer project practically immediately following the announcement that DC doesn’t want him. That points to people wanting to work with him, not avoid him.

It seems like people are out to trash this guy.
    Last edited by Brian B; 12-17-2022 at 08:11 AM.

Niffleheim

Hollywood Reporter has an article up with more color about Cavill being out and Gunn’s creative takeover of DC Studios.

The key quote is this, which just reinforces that bosses don’t hire schills of rivals.

Other rumors at the podcast Deux U claims Henry was difficult on the Witcher. I’m not linking to it because it seems pretty dicey for a supposed fact.

I’m not buying that he’s so difficult. Netflix got him that Warhammer project practically immediately following the announcement that DC doesn’t want him. That points to people wanting to work with him, not avoid him.

It seems like people are out to trash this guy.
    Actually Cavill and Co. secured the rights to Warhammer to present it to Amazon Studios. Since he is one of the producers ppl will have to work with him and he can change what he wants and I'm sure the other parties won't mind using Cavill to launch their game to a wider audiences even if he is difficult to work with. It is a small price to pay
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I don't think Cavill was "difficult" He has a true love of the source material for Witcher and felt the show runners were deviating too much. Considering how much he brought to that show, I think he is allowed to have artistic input. Creative differences is different from a prima dona star.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Actually Cavill and Co. secured the rights to Warhammer to present it to Amazon Studios. Since he is one of the producers ppl will have to work with him and he can change what he wants and I'm sure the other parties won't mind using Cavill to launch their game to a wider audiences even if he is difficult to work with. It is a small price to pay
    You are correct that it was Amazon Studios. I have edited my post and corrected that.

If you read what I said again, I do not believe this gossip about Cavill and I said that.

However, the point remains. It doesn’t matter that he’s the producer or just an actor. It reinforces the point even more about Cavill that it is b.s. about him being difficult to work with. If Cavill was such a nightmare to work with, Amazon would not have bought his project and signed him, especially as a producer. You don’t give people who are difficult what is effectively a promotion from just an actor to a producer. Again, it points to people wanting to work with the guy, so I don’t buy that he’s difficult to work with.
    Last edited by Brian B; 12-17-2022 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't think Cavill was "difficult" He has a true love of the source material for Witcher and felt the show runners were deviating too much. Considering how much he brought to that show, I think he is allowed to have artistic input. Creative differences is different from a prima dona star.
    I agree, but people are describing misogynistic and difficult behavior from him — that he wasn’t prepared because he was too busy playing video games, that he exhibited misogynistic tendencies, that he used a particular writer to stab the showrunner, a woman, in the back, etc. This is being reported by the podcast Deux U and repeated by at least one entertainment news website, Your Tango. You can Google them to see I am not making this up. People are claiming this. I am not going to give these digital channels I just named traffic and clicks, though, because I do not believe these rumors. You can Google them, listen to them, and read them yourself if you are interested. But, do not mistake me repeating what is reported, and me saying I don’t buy it, with advocating for these claims about Cavill. I do not believe they are true claims. I think someone with an axe to grind on Witcher is running Henry down for reasons of their own.
    Last edited by Brian B; 12-17-2022 at 09:50 AM.

You are correct that it was Amazon Studios. I have edited my post and corrected that.

However, the point remains. It doesn’t matter that he’s the producer or just an actor. It reinforces the point even more about Cavill that it is b.s. about him being difficult to work with. If Cavill was such a nightmare to work with, Amazon would not have bought his project and signed him, especially as a producer. You don’t give people who are difficult what is effectively a promotion from just an actor to a producer. Again, it points to people wanting to work with the guy, so I don’t buy that he’s difficult to work with.
    I agree and disagree from all I've ever heard Cavill is a nice guy. So I don't believe the "rumors" of him being difficult.

But disagree that a "difficult" actor wouldn't be promoted to Producer of a project. The film industry is full of A-Holes walk into any room in Hollywood and throw a stone and you'll hit an A-Hole. If they think there is money to be made a studio would sign anyone no matter their personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I agree and disagree from all I've ever heard Cavill is a nice guy. So I don't believe the "rumors" of him being difficult.

But disagree that a "difficult" actor wouldn't be promoted to Producer of a project. The film industry is full of A-Holes walk into any room in Hollywood and throw a stone and you'll hit an A-Hole. If they think there is money to be made a studio would sign anyone no matter their personality.
    Well, that’s certainly true, LOL, and really, you’re totally right that Hollywood would hire anybody if they thought they could make a buck off it. This was an industry that lionized Harvey Weinstein for 30+ years.

Of course, that would if anything make it more likely the rumors about Henry are true, but I’m just not buying those.
    Last edited by Brian B; 12-17-2022 at 09:51 AM.

LOL Cavill being "difficult". A hit piece because Netflix is trying to save face. They know The Witcher's quality will nosedive and fans will leave.

Cavill has been nothing but a class act and a gentleman in all his appearances. I don't buy it for a second.
    Life is but a dream

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    LOL Cavill being "difficult". A hit piece because Netflix is trying to save face. They know The Witcher's quality will nosedive and fans will leave.

Cavill has been nothing but a class act and a gentleman in all his appearances. I don't buy it for a second.
    Everything I've read about Netflix is that their SOP is a hostile environment. Not ones to throw stones

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Even William Shatner (Captain Kirk himself), has chimed in on the Cavil situation. Crazy to see so many industry voices thinking what happened to Cavil is unjust.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WilliamSh...31918991314945

There was chatter that Paramount wanted Cavill for a Star Trek 4 villain before it was canned.

Wonder if that will come back now?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Gal is out as WW it seems also, cameos cut from Flash - who is gone also. I can't see them building a new DC universe, esp. if we go back to origin stories.

Bats parents get killed, he goes nuts - we know that.
    Kal raised as a good boy hick - we know that.
    Diana - what are those things called men? Hmmm?

They meet and have some interpersonal conflict.

Oh, Yawn!