View Poll Results: Will You Miss Cavil In the Role?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I wish he was back

33 45.21%
  • No - I’m ready To Move On

40 54.79%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Will You Miss Henry Cavil As Superman?

Will you miss Henry Cavil in the role now that it’s been confirmed that he will not be returning?
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-15-2022 at 04:03 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

My short answer is yes.

My long answer is yes, **** you warner brothers for squandering the character for so long and please God, don't mess this up James Gunn.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Incredible Member

Not at all.

I like Henry Cavill but thought his Clark was pretty dull. Looking forward to seeing a younger year two Clark.

Definitely. It sucks that Henry got screwed over by a studios incompetence and unless he comes back for a multiverse movie, Henry will never get to play a traditional Superman now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

If I'd actually seen a movie that had Cavill as Superman I might have missed him. There were definite hints of a great Superman scattered throughout Snyder's three films- but this is like asking if I'd miss Chris Reeve as Superman if all I had to draw on was Superman IV and his Saturday Night Live appearance.

BANNED

People talk about how great he was, but they never turned out in droves to see him. He's an internet darling and nothing else.

We need a "yes, but I'm ok with moving on" option. I said yes, but I'm good either way.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

No. I never felt connected to his version/portrayal. I'm sure he would have done fine given the chance but he is forever associated with Snyder to me. Best to just move on.

BANNED

Yes. And what's has been done to the actor by the studio is mindly put, 100% unfair.

Never! Superheroes are supposed to be nice, and polite, and give hope. Henry Cavill's Superman killed Zod!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Yep, I love Snyder's movies* but his time is done and I really wanted to see what Cavill would do under the new regime.

My greatest concern is the next Superman will be a regressive over-correct and we'll have another Superman Returns.

*just accept that many Superman fans loved these and the echo chamber here isn't the whole fanbase.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

At the minimum, I'll miss him until WB hires a new actor to play Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El, with none of this variant Superman BS.

That this is so effin' hard for WB to figure out is a freakin' disgrace and the WB execs and creative leads, old and new, should be ashamed of themselves for letting it come down to this.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

WB has been wanting to scrap away Snyder's lasting influence for years now, it seems the regime change has not changed this idea at all. Dwayne Johnson was the only one pushing for Cavill's return. Anyways, I think it's BS what they did. They could've gave him MoS 2 as his last hurrah.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

No.

MoS has some really cool moments but he's had his time, time to move on.

I kinda would have liked to see what he could do under different script, direction, etc, but to answer the actual question of truly being missed? No.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Yes. Man was screwed over with what he was provided.