Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Who Will Pick up the Mantle of Bat Next under James Gunn ?

With the news Henry Cavill is out the big question now floats to ...where does this leave Batman now. With the hunt for a new younger 20's version of Superman the character of Batman in the Snyderverse would be drastically too much older for the films to work. Affleck with his work out and more can pass as late 30's/early 40's but well...he's now 50 years old and he can't logically do this forever.

So this leaves a big search ahead. Batman is really the #1 character for Warner Bros. Discovery. The person who gets this role will likely be in the 30's. In fact here is a list of 30's actors who could be THE NEXT BATMAN ?

https://www.entoin.com/entertainment...s-in-their-30s

So I'll throw a dark horse name and one who is growing as an actor right now. He's on the set playing Kevin Von Erich for the film based on the lives of the Von Erich brothers. He's also gotten into INTENSE shape for it. Near Batman shape.

Efron is in his mid 30's. He could be who Gunn needs for the next decade or longer. So could he be the next Batman ? Could anyone on that list I posted become Batman next ? Who knows....but I think we will know soon enough.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Sean Gunn wearing a mocap suit.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Someone tall and intimidating. Something Pattinson isn't (IMO).

Karl Urban would be great.

Efron is too short for Batman I think.
    I think the best course of action for DC is to let Reeves and Pattinson finish their trilogy and in the meantime focus on other aspects of the DCU. There’s so much else to explore, that I don’t think they should rush to do Batman.
    When the current trilogy is nearly done, then they can reveal their own Gotham cast, debut the new JL etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Efron is too short for Batman I think.
    I think the best course of action for DC is to let Reeves and Pattinson finish their trilogy and in the meantime focus on other aspects of the DCU. There’s so much else to explore, that I don’t think they should rush to do Batman.
    When the current trilogy is nearly done, then they can reveal their own Gotham cast, debut the new JL etc.
    This makes a lot of sense, so I suspect that WB wont do it.

Pattinson is Batman.

Affleck has not played Batman since 2017, over five years ago.

Gunn is not going to recast Batman or mess with Reeves’ Batman and spinoffs work much at all.

There might — MIGHT — be a Affleck cameo in Flash, but that will be the end of BatFleck. Given the reported cuts of cameos in Flash, I think it’s possible Affleck won’t even appear in Flash.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Someone tall and intimidating. Something Pattinson isn't (IMO).
    Pattinson is taller than Keaton and Bale. He’s just had a lot of soft features and doesn’t have that rugged tough look

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Sean Gunn wearing a mocap suit.
    That would be awesome! Loved him as the Weasel!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Pattinson is taller than Keaton and Bale. He’s just had a lot of soft features and doesn’t have that rugged tough look
    Pattinson got the best looking mask, helmet and cowl, though.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    The hell he does lmao
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    And that's the problem, I still wasn't sold on him. Even after the film.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

hopefully no one. lets tell different stories.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    hopefully no one. lets tell different stories.
    Matt Reeves is confirmed to be working on Batman and Batman spinoffs, although at this point only his Penguin streaming series has reached the point with a scheduled shoot, March 2023.

Pattinson is Batman. There’s no doubt or speculation at all. It’s a done deal.

Also, about this…

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    The hell he does lmao
    Pattinson’s mask, helmet and cowl, or maybe up to the cowl, are shaped like it was drawn by the best Batman artists since Kane, Finger and Sprang.

It looks like the best work of: Neal Adams; Mike Golden on Batman Family in the 70s; of course Jim Aparo; Kelley Jones, although his ears were a bit more cartoony tall; even Byrne’s super short stint on Untold Tales; and most of all, like Marshall Rogers and Terry Austin. I think the Reeves-Pattinson Batman mask is best.

Miller’s shorter-eared Batman is a bit of a throwback to the Sprang, Finger and Kane years. While it works for his brutish Batman, it’s not my favorite look.

Now, the rest of the outfit Pattinson wears is just alright to me. It’s a bit too armored and bulky for my taste. But the mask and helmet are exquisite.

Really, all of Reeves’ The Batman looks good. I think that’s what made that movie good. Like almost all superhero movies, the plot gets a bit tangled and ridiculous. It seems to rely on not slowing down to keep suspension of disbelief going, which is a common tactic I’ve noticed in superhero movies. The dialogue is a bit melodramatic, again, as is often the case with superhero movies. But The Batman is beautiful to look at, at once dark and gritty, and yet capturing a certain lush, colorful luminosity at just the right times. I think that’s what Reeves got right. It looks good. It looks much better to me than any DC movie since Burton’s two Batman movies.
    Last edited by Brian B; 12-15-2022 at 12:48 PM.