Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Psycho-reactive quantum-shifting polymers. So basically just makes random shapes based on Ben's mood lol
    He's Spidercide y'all

Astonishing Member

The quantum goo also was forming the Word BEN when Janine was calling him.

Bad dialogue and maximum 90's edgelordicity.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Bad dialogue and maximum 90's edgelordicity.
    Good one. Very good one. Come to think of it, Chasm could make a good Marvel attempt at emulating Spawn, especially considering Spawn himself was technically derived from Venom (in terms of design and later revelations that his suit was a demonic symbiote) with elements of Ghost Rider (hellish origin and chains). Just a shame the idea had to come about by hollowing out and thoroughly debasing Ben Reilly as a character.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    He's Spidercide y'all
    I think so too. I don't think it's a coincidence Spidercide was brought back in the recent DeMatteis Ben Reilly miniseries.

I guess we'll see. But I hope he's not immune to Peter's spider-sense.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    If McGuiness isn't drawing cool stuff for a variant, then Ben can manipulate the green energy's shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It is made of psycho-reactive quantum-shifting polymers, after all, so that would make sense that it responds to his thoughts and will.
    That's a great point. PSYCHO-REACTIVE implies that Ben's thoughts might control this stuff, these "quantum-shifting polymers," which I guess are able to change reality somehow based on their name.

Frankly, I thought it was a waste to see Ben in the latest issue of Dark Web needing some magic book to create a portal. His name is CHASM and he's got powers from BEYOND. It makes perfect sense that he'd be able to open "chasms" between realities or something. I mean, right? Is it just me, or does that seem like a huge whiff?

If Ben does in fact having reality-altering powers via this green goo, I hope it is always presented with spider and web motifs.

-Pav, who wonders what Phil Urich would make of his Scarlet buddy nowadays...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    That's a great point. PSYCHO-REACTIVE implies that Ben's thoughts might control this stuff, these "quantum-shifting polymers," which I guess are able to change reality somehow based on their name.

Frankly, I thought it was a waste to see Ben in the latest issue of Dark Web needing some magic book to create a portal. His name is CHASM and he's got powers from BEYOND. It makes perfect sense that he'd be able to open "chasms" between realities or something. I mean, right? Is it just me, or does that seem like a huge whiff?

If Ben does in fact having reality-altering powers via this green goo, I hope it is always presented with spider and web motifs.

-Pav, who wonders what Phil Urich would make of his Scarlet buddy nowadays...
    Alas, Phil is still dead, and funny enough, both he and Ben were (unfortunately) reinvented/revived as villains during Dan Slott's Amazing Spider-Man run when they debuted as heroes in the 90s Spider-Man comics. Granted, Phil's villainous turn might have already happened in The Loners, a post-Civil War comic by future Marvel EIC C.B. Cebulski (if I'm not mistaken) --- but the parallel is still there.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Alas, Phil is still dead,
    Oof, did that concept ever fade away.

Here's your latest Peter analogue, look at how much of a dark reflection he is! He even has an alive Uncle Ben who is trying to bring him back from the dark side!

But as soon as Norman came back Phil just got reduced lamer and lamer until he was easily killed off for no real reason. Sad.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

Here's your latest Peter analogue, look at how much of a dark reflection he is! He even has an alive Uncle Ben who is trying to bring him back from the dark side!

But as soon as Norman came back Phil just got reduced lamer and lamer until he was easily killed off for no real reason. Sad.
    Ben, Janine, and a resurrected Phil Urich as the Dark Amazing Friends.

-Pav, who always loved Ben and Phil together...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I guess we'll see. But I hope he's not immune to Peter's spider-sense.
    He might be, as it was established in the Clone Saga that Peter's and his clones' spider-senses recognize/register each other as "self" and thus don't trigger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I think so too. I don't think it's a coincidence Spidercide was brought back in the recent DeMatteis Ben Reilly miniseries.
    There's so many reasons this tired theory doesn't make sense. Also, Dematteis said he hasn't even read any of Ben's post-ressurection stories and seems to have no idea what's going on in the main books, so I doubt it was ever any part of a larger plan to undo a story that hadn't even been published yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    There's so many reasons this tired theory doesn't make sense. Also, Dematteis said he hasn't even read any of Ben's post-ressurection stories and seems to have no idea what's going on in the main books, so I doubt it was ever any part of a larger plan to undo a story that hadn't even been published yet.
    Ah. Might be for the best, then. While I don't subscribe to the "Ben was Spidercide all along" theory, with Spidercide having been revealed to be in a coma after using his malleable biomass to save Ben's life all those years ago, all that would really have to happen would be that Spidercide would finally wake up from his coma and repeat that feat, this time to form a mental link with The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly and use that to restore Ben's damaged/lost memories.