Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    As a showcase in terms of "these characters exist yes", and it's better than the four seasons of the DCAU Wondy but idk...my opinion on DC Animation has gotten pretty sour (at least the animated movies division). I'd kind of prefer if DC just licensed out adaptations to other animated studios at this point.

I'd have no faith in this company adaptation something like Hiketeia or Historia based off their track records with stuff like TKJ.
    Yeah ideally my "better writers" recommendation entails it being farmed out

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't need to bet on it. I've seen the proof. Being the first didn't make the JSA more popular.
    We will see. Bet it doesn’t change a thing. The most I see them doing is putting her back in Ww2

Should send an open letter to James Gunn; no Zeus, no rapist Amazons, no excessive romance, cast an actress who can act and not a model, contest should be reinstated, Hippolyta given her due, etc, etc.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member

I don’t think there will be another WW film as Gunn appears to be tipping his hand as to what type of characters he wants to work with characters like Lobo etc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I don’t think there will be another WW film as Gunn appears to be tipping his hand as to what type of characters he wants to work with characters like Lobo etc.
    I see Gunn giving us another Wonder Woman film if only out of obligation. The optics of ignoring Wonder Woman after canceling Wonder Woman III would be nightmarish. However, there's a huge difference between greenlighting and even producing and releasing a Wonder Woman film and actually treating it with respect, care, and dignity. I'm confident the movie will be released. I'm not confident Gunn will care about the released product.

Gunn tweeted today that he loves Historia

Does it mean anything for the road ahead? Probably not. But just knowing the story's on his radar is music to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Gunn tweeted today that he loves Historia

Does it mean anything for the road ahead? Probably not. But just knowing the story's on his radar is music to my ears.
    Pfff... He uses the word "love" very lightly and very often.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Pfff... He uses the word "love" very lightly and very often.
    Exactly. What doesn't he love besides Snyders DCEU lol

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Exactly. What doesn't he love besides Snyders DCEU lol
    Gunn and Snyder are friends and Gunn has even said he likes Man of Steel.

People need to stop seeing Gunn and other creators that will be involved in this like they are here to personally cater to our wants and not people with their own ideas, obligations and limitations. Frankly, if we don't get another WW movie, Gunn is the last person I'd blame.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Gunn and Snyder are friends and Gunn has even said he likes Man of Steel.

People need to stop seeing Gunn and other creators that will be involved in this like they are here to personally cater to our wants and not people with their own ideas, obligations and limitations. Frankly, if we don't get another WW movie, Gunn is the last person I'd blame.
    Gunn is one of the first people id blame if we dont get a WW movie. He is 1/2 of the HEAD of DC studios. He's making the plan. He is making the dc movie slate. He's approving actors. He's firing actors (Cavill). How is he the last person on your list?

If I were in Gunn and Safran’s shoes, I’d probably approach the Olympians and other gods in one of two ways:

With contemporary aspects for themselves and not Hellenistic portrayals. They’ve been monitoring, potentially engaging with humanity all this time, even if humanity didn’t recognize it. They’re not stagnant caricatures of the past and more interested in the mortal world than ever before because of Ares actions and an Amazon champion showing up in the world outside Themyscira.

Or…

The Olympians and other gods are “forgotten” and have maybe been closed off in a manner from humanity for several millennia. Ares machinations somehow releases them from their “prison” and they encounter the modern Amazons, Wonder Woman and humanity again for the first time after being absent for a long time.

The first option could be interesting in terms of the gods revealing themselves more directly than ever before and would follow a Rucka approach from his first run - a chance to rethink what modern Olympian characters would be like and act like in a world with Diana, her friends and her costumed villains.

The second option plays off the gods being more out of their time and element in the modern world. That can also be interesting as a dynamic for how they interact with Diana, the Amazons, humanity, and Diana’s costumed villains.

Both options have been done before in different ways and in different properties, but they’re also classic themes, so it’s all in how and who you tell the story with.

What I definitely think needs to happen is that the gods and Diana, her supporting characters, and her costumed foes need to intermingle at times as characters. Diana desperately needs her costumed rogues back and there’s nothing to say an Olympian might take an interest or intrigue at what Doctor Poison, Doctor Psycho, Doctor Domino, etc. is doing to Diana. At least I think this could enrich Diana’s world. We’ve it before in the comics, but it could be done better and more dramatically too, across media.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Gunn is one of the first people id blame if we dont get a WW movie. He is 1/2 of the HEAD of DC studios. He's making the plan. He is making the dc movie slate. He's approving actors. He's firing actors (Cavill). How is he the last person on your list?
    I don’t think we’ll get a WW film as I don’t think the character is regarded as that high a priority by WB/DC. Getting another WW film out is probably a long way behind getting out other projects involving Batman & Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    He is also writing the next Superman movie.

I think it will be a mix of B listers and A listers.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man I don’t even think they’ve read that panel, they’re just going “well she’s a Greek demigod right? Kratos is that and he’s cool, she should be more like Kratos!”, same reasoning for why they want the WW game to be a reskin of GoW.

That said I did see some casuals saying they don’t want WW fighting “humans” anymore, just Greek mythological monsters and gods. What a boring take.
    Low key me! Probably the only way i'd be interested in another Wonder Woman film. The first was really good but the sequel was god awful! Hopefully the game is like GOW mixed with LOTR and her new films have way more action, showing how powerful she truly is!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He is also writing the next Superman movie.

I think it will be a mix of B listers and A listers.
    I suspect that the creative differences that appear to have arisen over WW3, amicable as they seem to be, give Gunn a perfect opportunity not to pursue the character on the big screen.