Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I suspect that the creative differences that appear to have arisen over WW3, amicable as they seem to be, give Gunn a perfect opportunity not to pursue the character on the big screen.
    There’s going to be another WW in the Gunnverse. He’s not skipping over her, she’ll be on the new JL, and she will get a solo movie. Zaslav specifically called out the WW brand as something separate from DC in general he wanted to push, same as Bats and Supes, she will be a focus of Gunn’s new cinematic universe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s going to be another WW in the Gunnverse. He’s not skipping over her, she’ll be on the new JL, and she will get a solo movie. Zaslav specifically called out the WW brand as something separate from DC in general he wanted to push, same as Bats and Supes, she will be a focus of Gunn’s new cinematic universe.
    Yeah, I'd like to say I'm surprised by the pessimism but that's kind of par for the course around here . She's one of the only sure bets on the business side and Zaslav singled her out as one of WB's most valuable franchises, obviously she's gonna get an early push.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I'm cautiously optimistic. She needed a fresh start, the DCEU totally gutted her lore and Gal's performance was a real mixed bag. And even if Gunn isn't a WW super-fan specifically, he is a big DC nerd who's friends with comics creators who have great, proven track records with Diana and her mythos, and he clearly isn't gonna try to do everything himself when he's got so much on his plate. Same can't be said of Zack Snyder or Patty Jenkins (who definitely adored the character but clearly had very little knowledge of the comics outside of Perez).

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to say I'm surprised by the pessimism but that's kind of par for the course around here . She's one of the only sure bets on the business side and Zaslav singled her out as one of WB's most valuable franchises, obviously she's gonna get an early push.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I'm cautiously optimistic. She needed a fresh start, the DCEU totally gutted her lore and Gal's performance was a real mixed bag. And even if Gunn isn't a WW super-fan specifically, he is a big DC nerd who's friends with comics creators who have great, proven track records with Diana and her mythos, and he clearly isn't gonna try to do everything himself when he's got so much on his plate. Same can't be said of Zack Snyder or Patty Jenkins (who definitely adored the character but clearly had very little knowledge of the comics outside of Perez).
    Before WW84 came out, I would say that a 'sure bet' on her would be true, but given the crapfest we got with '84, there is no such things as 'sure bets' with Wonder Woman.

So this is the current rumor. So I guess if true they already have the actress

69D15087-D5C4-4A86-BD3B-CDE2D9048C73.jpg

That’s one claim, here’s the other:
    As 2023 kicks off, DC bosses Gunn and Safran continue to sift through the rubble and will soon reveal their three-year interconnected vision for the cinematic universe, which won’t include Cavill’s Superman or Wonder Woman at all.
    https://variety.com/2023/film/news/d...an-1235478867/

Some people are saying this is just referring to Gadot’s WW being done which I hope is right, because otherwise I have to take quite the loss of face here regarding Gunn and WW.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

Some people are saying this is just referring to Gadot’s WW being done which I hope is right, because otherwise I have to take quite the loss of face here regarding Gunn and WW.
    I was hoping they were talking about Gal Gadot and not Wonder Woman in general. But why would they specify Henry and not Gal?

Could you imagine--no Wonder Woman film in their entire three-year plan, after Zaslav's plan identified Wonder Woman as a major property?

Disturbing if true. But not surprising.

I wouldn't be surprised. Just because Zaslav said Wonder Woman is one of their top brands doesn't mean he actually meant it. Gunn can say things...doesn't make them so.

On the bright side, if there's to be no cinematic Wonder Woman for the foreseeable future, then I don't need to pay attention to upcoming DC movies. One less thing to worry about.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. Just because Zaslav said Wonder Woman is one of their top brands doesn't mean he actually meant it. Gunn can say things...doesn't make them so.

On the bright side, if there's to be no cinematic Wonder Woman for the foreseeable future, then I don't need to pay attention to upcoming DC movies. One less thing to worry about.

https://twitter.com/DCU_Direct/statu...43197226893314

Gal Gadot's #WonderWoman will reportedly NOT be part of DC Studios' 3-year plan

Yeah, I'm not gonna get worked up about "reports", specially after all the bullcrap that has been proved false over the last few months. When something is officially announced, that's when these things should be considered

Already debunked by Gunn:

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status...tMWLFsHm2bYKHw

Though I'll be real, I'd be perfectly happy to go without a WW movie if we got a great movie/series about the Amazons in the interim.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So this is the current rumor. So I guess if true they already have the actress

69D15087-D5C4-4A86-BD3B-CDE2D9048C73.jpg
    This rumor is almost certainly true because it's total non-info. Most superhero actors started in their early 30s (including Gal) and there's no way they were gonna do another period piece.

Not really interested in a DCU without Wonder Woman. If male heroes can have multiple flops (Superman 3 and 4, Superman Returns, Man of STeel, BvS, Batman and Robin) and still get a chance to get yet another reboot but WW is going to be "punished" forever for WW1984, well, then I don't need to support WBD's CB universe with my money.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Not really interested in a DCU without Wonder Woman. If male heroes can have multiple flops (Superman 3 and 4, Superman Returns, Man of STeel, BvS, Batman and Robin) and still get a chance to get yet another reboot but WW is going to be "punished" forever for WW1984, well, then I don't need to support WBD's CB universe with my money.
    She won't. It was a false rumor. Like most of them. People shouldn't pay attention to these silly things