Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I said nothing about Clark and Bruce continuing because this is the Wonder forum. Don't assume. "LOL".
    Under Gunn's stewardship, I think "traditional" takes on any of the Big 3 are likely to be out the window. Superman has already been stated to be a different take on what we've seen. Bruce as Batman is fighting to stay as a standalone.
    And yet they'll still be Clark and Bruce. So no idea why this should exclude Diana, especially for a character who has barely anything to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    And yet they'll still be Clark and Bruce. So no idea why this should exclude Diana, especially for a character who has barely anything to them.
    Again, not sure about even THAT. Clean slate, anything is possible Gunn made stars of D-listers Guardians of the Galaxy. I think with his ego as a star maker, he might be try something completely off the wall to try to inject new energy.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I don't see Gunn being as hands on with the next Wonder Woman.

lol

We've had decades of Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne films, shows, and video games but two solo films of Diana apparently requires "a rest".
    Exactly.
    It's truly laughable.

Anyway, back to the questions:

Should Diana have an accent?

Yes. She was born and raised in Themyscira. She should not be speaking in so-called Standard American English

Should we get Dianas origin?

If it is the "blessings from the goddesses" origin, HELL YEAH!

Should it be set in present day?
    Yes.

How "ancient" should Diana be?
    Thousands of years is fine with me. She should be the world's first superhero.

Who should be the villain?

Cheetah (a Cheetah that takes some elements of Prisiclla and some of Barbara). A Cheetah that is a fearsome, lethal, incredibly dangerous foe for Diana, and as powered by ancient evil gods, formidable enough to be able to go mano a mano with the world's most powerful woman.

Should Steve/Etta be featured?
    Yes. Let's get audiences used to a consistent cast of supporting characters.

Any particular story they should adapt?
    George Perez's "Blood of the Cheetah"

Anything else?

Should Diana have an accent? Sure, why not? It's not essential, though.

Should we get Dianas origin? Yes, briefly. Spotlight the clay creation and the tournament--things we didn't get from Jenkins. Probably wouldn't want the film to "begin at the beginning" with the origin, but instead use strategically placed flashbacks.

Should it be set in present day? Yes, please.

How "ancient" should Diana be? This is a tricky one. She should be centuries old and yet still naive about the outside world.

Who should be the villain? Another tricky one. I think I want to see Cheetah on the screen again, but it may be too soon. Dr. Psycho?

Should Steve/Etta be featured? Of course!

Any particular story they should adapt? Maybe Rucka's Year One...?

Anything else? A secret ID. Amazons with some fantastic tech that's magic and science based.
    Last edited by Largo161; 12-15-2022 at 01:05 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

Other characters that would get worked into a series of films and television series: Hippolyta, Philippus, Menalippe, Io, Kasia, Mala, Nubia, the Olympians and their children, Urzkartaga, Cheetah, Circe, Myndi Mayer, Donna Troy, Heracles, Veronica Cale, Doctor Cyber, Doctor Psycho, Captain Wonder, Giganta, Silver Swan, Angle Man, Eviless and Villainy Inc., Julia Kapatelis, Vanessa Kapatelis, Doctor Poison, Andros, Ed Indelicato, etc.

(Clearly I have big plans and would use Marston, Perez, Jimenez, Rucka, Simone, and Cloonen and Conrad as source material.)
    Yes to this. In big and small ways, use as many comic characters and comic-derived easter eggs as possible. Make it for people who love WW!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

I think an accent adds to her character but it's not vital.

Should we get Diana’s origin?
    I want to see the clay blessed by the goddesses origin and the tournament on the big screen. While Batman has gotten a “Year Two” story and Superman is gearing up to get one too, their origins have been in the public consciousness for years thanks to multiple adaptions Diana should get those too before moving toward a Year Two story for her.

Yes.

I think she should almost have her first century under her belt before leaving Themyscira. She should be older than she looks at the very least.

Something big needs to draw her from Themyscira, so I think Circe should be the big bad.

Absolutely!

Nothing in particular, I'd like a mix of several origin stories.

Anything else?
    I want more of a focus on Diana the ambassador than Diana the warrior though the movie should never forget that she is both.

Now that it is highly likely that WW is getting her first reboot within the next 3-4 years what should it look like?

-Yeah. But I won't implode if she doesn't.

-Yeah. But if it's in flashbacks I wouldn't mind that as well. I don't think the whole movie needs to be an origin story.

-YEAH

-I'm really not a fan of Diana being hundreds or thousands of years old. It makes it too easy for writers to have her be grizzled.

-Depends on if it's an origin story movie or not.

-Probably

-Year One.

Anything else?

A message directly to WB: Men like Disney Princess movies, too. So stop trying so hard to squeeze her through a tube of "would men like this part of her character" or whatever and just focus on making a good movie. Don't make her cold and aloof. Don't make her hard and jaded. Actually, just keep the same personality she had in the 2017 film, that was probably the best part about the whole movie.

And have her talk to animals for crying-out-loud, it's cute and fun.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Honestly don't care either way. A twang/inflection rather than a heavy accent would probably be my ideal but you could easily explain any accent choice.

I'll be a little surprised if it's an origin film - the first movie was quite recent and made a huge splash so I can't see them revisiting it so soon. Maybe a recap that establishes the lore (and the clay origin!) and sets up the situation? If they DO go with another origin film, I'd love to see a close modern adaptation of Gods & Mortals.

In my IDEAL world they'd start with an Amazons prequel based on Historia and then skip to Diana early in her career but I'm being realistic here .

Should it be set in present day? Yes, and I'll be shocked if it isn't.

How "ancient" should Diana be? Hundreds of years old, though I kind of want it to be established that she got to Man's World closer to the modern day. You limit her supporting cast if you have leave for Man's World so early.

Who should be the villain? Since I'd really like an adaptation of the first couple of Rucka's Post-Crisis arcs, Veronica Cale and Medusa would be fun. Circe would obviously be great too, and she's way overdue for a live-action adaptation. With Circe I think you could also include someone like Giganta as a side-villain.

Should Steve/Etta be featured? Sure, but I don't want the Steve romance to be a focal point. There are other great supporting cast choices though. It'd be great to see the Embassy staff (Ferdinand is non-negotiable!!!) and I really hope hope the Amazons play a major role - would love to see Io, Nubia, and a comics-accurate Philippus.

Any particular story they should adapt? Biggest thing I want is Diana as an ambassador. Whether that means they jump straight to Diana in her active role as ambassador or they start with an origin film that sets up the pieces for it in a sequel, I don't care. But I'd really be thrilled to see any Perez or Rucka story adapted.

Anything else?

Powers/weapons: Reeeeeally hoping they give her flight from the get-go. And having her talk to animals would make me so happy. Hope they make her a real powerhouse this time around, none of this getting whooped by Superman nonsense. I honestly think there's a 0% chance they opt out of the sword/shield entirely but hopefully they at least limit their use to big fights with gods and monsters rather than having them in her standard arsenal.

Other things: I'd love to see the gods/goddesses. It'd be amazing to get something like the Post-Crisis Rucka run where she's dealing with concurrent political conflicts on Earth and Olympus and then has to deal with a crisis at the point where they intersect. So...basically Eyes of the Gorgon, or even Godwatch.

I know people are concerned about Gunn because he's not an outspoken Wonder Woman fan, but I think he knows how important she is to the DCU and is self-aware enough to get help. He knows the comics down pat and he's connected to tons of creators, so I think he's gonna lean on someone he knows has done substantial work with the character and stay somewhat hands-off. Just knowing he's good friends with Gail Simone is honestly reassuring to me, though in my dreams he'd just go ahead and get Greg Rucka to write the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Once more, I won't say nothing because Warner is the worst and it really seems like we won't see any more Wonder Woman films this decade. I would be depressing myself.
    Maybe I'm just being blindly optimistic but I think you're wrong here, for several reasons.

1. Gunn and Safran have said over and over that the Trinity (and Harley) are their top priority.

2. Zaslav wants them to focus on the big iconic characters, and the Trinity are the characters he always names.

3. The first WW movie was crazy successful so there's no major risk. WW84 is a non-factor, its box office numbers mean nothing because it was released at the height of COVID when most theaters were closed along with a concurrent HBO Max release (not to mention the poor critical response/WOM).

4. The optics of their very high-profile cancelation of the 3rd Jenkins film are...not good. And that doesn't even account for the Batgirl cancelation.

5. Flash, Aquaman, and Shazam all have movies coming out in 2023 and they'll definitely want to add a several-years buffer between their final films and reboots. They'll also want plenty of space between the introduction of DCU Batman and the next Reeves Batman, which is already in production and tentatively slated for a 2025 release.

I'm pretty confident that there's gonna be a new WW solo film early in the slate.

If they do another reboot than a more modern-setting adaptation of Gods and Mortals would work well.

Other than that, no B.S. about Diana debuting in the World Wars but somehow still not being the "first hero" because it steps on Superman's toes and Clay origin would be my only hard wishes.
    Seconded. The EZ Win button version would be start with GODS AND MORTALS

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm very interested to see what they would do with the costume.

Obvious change is no hand wraps or arm band. maybe put some stars on the skirt. Maybe give her a more eagle/dove-esque emblem?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If we are getting another origin movie, definitely do a combo of Year One and Gods and Mortals, set in the modern day. Supporting cast should be Steve, Etta, Barbara and Ferdinand (if possible). The backstory of the Amazons, which can be done in a spin-off, should be heavily influenced by Historia. DO NOT kill off the Gods, feature them and go nuts with their designs.

Second film should feature Barbara's transformation into Cheetah. I'd want to add Veronica Cale as well, but after WW84 I do not want Cheetah sharing the spotlight again for at least her debut film. And then the third film should be Circe as the prime threat, with Cheetah as a recurring wild card who appears throughout the film series and spin-offs. The suggestions others have had of having Giganta in an action scene as one of the film's opening scenes would be great. If we get other films, Cale, Dr. Psycho and Medusa should be prioritized.

Donna and Nubia should appear as well, with their backstories as close to the original versions as possible. Maybe make Hippolyta and Philippus explicitly a couple, and Nubia is Philippus's daughter? And Donna is the youngest member of the family who came to the island through some means as an orphan and was adopted by Hippolyta. The new Avatar film seems to be setting up a big family for Jake and Neytiri, with all the kids presumably having roles that will be expanded upon in the sequels. Diana, her moms and her sisters can be established pretty quickly, especially if any Historia and Teen Titans spin-offs are planned to also flesh things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'm very interested to see what they would do with the costume.

Obvious change is no hand wraps or arm band. maybe put some stars on the skirt. Maybe give her a more eagle/dove-esque emblem?
    I definitely don't expect the battle skirt to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If we are getting another origin movie, definitely do a combo of Year One and Gods and Mortals, set in the modern day. Supporting cast should be Steve, Etta, Barbara and Ferdinand (if possible). The backstory of the Amazons, which can be done in a spin-off, should be heavily influenced by Historia. DO NOT kill off the Gods, feature them and go nuts with their designs.
    Would you prefer Ares or Deimos & Phobos as the primary antagonists? I feel like the first WW did so poorly with Ares that it'd be nice to see something different with his sons instead. I guess the climax could be similar to Gods and Monsters with Ares, but I feel like fans will complain it's too much like Diana using the lasso to defeat Max Lord with un-wishes.