Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

As far as the accent, I feel like unless they get an actress who naturally has one like Gadot did, it's going to come off forced if someone tries to attempt one.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I would actually like Zeus to be the villain now.
    They could easily adapt the Challenge of the Gods storyline with Zeus as the big bad of the first film. That would be pretty awesome actually, and I think leaning heavily on mythology for this film works since we got virtually nothing beyond a Duke of Deception mention in WW84.

Watching Diana fight through Echidna, the chimera, some cyclopes... that's rad AF (though obviously by fight I don't mean hacking her way through 'em, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think if we're getting a reboot, you may as well just start off with Circe.
    That's true, I think that would work just fine. I do prefer Circe as the biggest bad and the closest thing to a female Darkseid DC has, though, and I think holding her off until the Wonderverse is established would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Who should be the villain?
    Queen Clea. She's a big enough threat to carry a movie and self-contained enough that her story can be told in a beginning, middle, and end plot. The big guns--Ares, Cheetah, & Circe--should be saved and built up for sequels.
    Actually, yeah. Clea would make for an amazing opening villain, especially with the Venturians being rivals to the Themyscirans. Two armies of women fighting each other is something we haven't really seen before in a big blockbuster.

Fantastic Member

Wonder Woman shouldn't be naive. She's suppose to be wise as Athena. Her leadership and diplomatic skill should shine more when dealing with wars and enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Wonder Woman shouldn't be naive. She's suppose to be wise as Athena. Her leadership and diplomatic skill should shine more when dealing with wars and enemies.
    She's more idealistic than naive I think. Well, once she gets used to Man's World.

Just chiming in here to say:

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Now that it is highly likely that WW is getting her first reboot within the next 3-4 years what should it look like?
    More informed by the comics. Tone closer to Perez/Jimenez/Rucka. Richer world and actually challenge the audiences perception. Take a page out of Ryan Coogler's BP movies. I want that level of thought out world building for Themyscira as well.

Should Diana have an accent?
    Yes. I think it makes sense. But I would rather an actress who naturally has an accent instead of someone putting on one.

Should we get Dianas origin?
    Don't make it an origin story. Since Diana's origin isn't as well established as Superman or Batman and the daughter of Zeus thing needs to be wiped away, I think flashbacks or some kind of recap would be fine.

Should it be set in present day?
    Absolutely.

How "ancient" should Diana be?
    I could either way. But I lean towards her being alive for 20-25 years since it would give her a perspective that the Amazons who are thousands of years old wouldn't have.

Who should be the villain?
    Someone who hasn't been a villain previous movies; Zeus (although he is really more of an endgame villain), Heracles, Dr Psycho, Silver Swan, etc.

Introduce or maybe foreshadow Barbara Minvera but don't have her be a villain. Or maybe go with the first Cheetah; Priscilla Rich or Deborah Domaine.

Should Steve/Etta be featured?
    Etta needs a good showing. Steve should be absent for now. Or maybe take a page out of the Spider-man franchise and give Diana a different love interest. Tom Tressor or Trevor Barnes would be cool.

Any particular story they should adapt?
    Challenge of the Gods.

Rucka's Medusa arc.

I think a conflict between Themyscira, Mans World and the Greek Gods would be awesome to see.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Anything else?
    -Please hire someone who can act as Diana this time.

-No daughter of Zeus origin, Warrior Woman, Maxwell Lord, rapist Amazons or any of that CRAP.

-No racism.

-Themyscira and Amazons being important to the narrative and not being cannon fodder.

-No unnecessary romance. If romance is getting in the way, cut it.

-Please include Artemis, Donna, Cassie and Nubia in the narrative.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    -Please hire someone who can act as Diana this time.

-No daughter of Zeus origin, Warrior Woman, Maxwell Lord, rapist Amazons or any of that CRAP.

-No racism.

-Themyscira and Amazons being important to the narrative and not being cannon fodder.

-No unnecessary romance. If romance is getting in the way, cut it.

-Please include Artemis, Donna, Cassie and Nubia in the narrative.
    How about her reasoning for leaving Themyscira?

Adventurer?
    Diplomat?
    Ending man's world and mythical wars and threats?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

For those that would only want a Diana w/accent if the actress has one...what do you all think of the Black Panther cast and their accents?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    For those that would only want a Diana w/accent if the actress has one...what do you all think of the Black Panther cast and their accents?
    What about Stana Katic and her accent in JSA: WW2? Or I guess Grey Griffin's Diana in DCSHG too.

Diana should have an accent but it's better to cast an actress who actually has one over having them imitate one.

I’d still want Diana to be long lived and have an accent. She is the DCU’s first Superhero. The Amazons have always been earths first line of defense. And technology and magic look one and the same, they are great scientists etc. Purple Rays all over the place.

I want her connected to the JSA, like with the Justice Society animated movie. Diana is always “That Girl”! But the JSA is more covit ops than outright Superheroes. Carter and Shiera were close friends….They go behind enemy lines during the WW2. I’d add Hitler and the Spear of Destiny, which would lead into…

Diana’s job, the current one she has in the movies and Argus to be something she helped develop, like SHIELD with Peggy Carter. She helps retrieve mystical dangerous artifacts over the years where she will eventually meet her best friends Barbara Minerva, Etta and Steve (slow build to the romance with Steve, they are obviously into each other but no deep romance after knowing each other five seconds like in the current movies)

I want Donna shown as a young girl when Diana initially leaves the island. Time moves different on Themyscira. I want it clear that Donna looks up to Diana and have Diana loves Donna more than anything. If Diana is a product of a union between Hippolyte and Zeus then I think Donna should have the clay origin transferred to her. Hippolyte releasing how lonely Diana is growing up she asks the Gods to give her another Daughter so Diana won’t be alone, Zeus declines, clearly because most of the time his children are problematic, but the rest of the Goddesses agree so Hippolyte and Diana offer parts of their souls to create Donna. Though Diana is a young goddess, this would make Donna demigod and truly connected to Hippolyte and Diana as daughter and sister.

With the JSA gone, Diana doesn’t walk away, but she’s probably much more active in the background of world history until The Superman appears…..

Etc etc.
    Last edited by RichAlex1981; 12-18-2022 at 11:10 AM.

Seeing a lot of people on Twitter say she should be DC’s Kratos and whatever route they go, I hope it’s not that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Seeing a lot of people on Twitter say she should be DC’s Kratos and whatever route they go, I hope it’s not that.
    I am once again asking the people who think they know WW to actually read WW outside of that one panel from Johns from 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-18-2022 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I am once again asking the people who think they know WW to actually read WW outside of that one panel from Johns from 10 years ago.
    Man I don’t even think they’ve read that panel, they’re just going “well she’s a Greek demigod right? Kratos is that and he’s cool, she should be more like Kratos!”, same reasoning for why they want the WW game to be a reskin of GoW.

That said I did see some casuals saying they don’t want WW fighting “humans” anymore, just Greek mythological monsters and gods. What a boring take.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'll amend that I'm okay with an actress faking an accent if she can actually pull one off. Stana Katic, for instance, couldn't and they shouldn't have bothered. I've noticed some attempts to mimic Gal Gadot's accent wind up sounding like Dracula impersonations.

So, yeah, if the actress can comfortably do an accent, go for it. But if it's going to be distracting and an ear-sore, don't bother. If the reboot follows The Batman's lead and has Diana already operating as Wonder Woman for a few years, then just mention that she lost her accent because she's a fast learner.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man I don’t even think they’ve read that panel, they’re just going “well she’s a Greek demigod right? Kratos is that and he’s cool, she should be more like Kratos!”, same reasoning for why they want the WW game to be a reskin of GoW.

That said I did see some casuals saying they don’t want WW fighting “humans” anymore, just Greek mythological monsters and gods. What a boring take.
    And before Kratos, it was always "Just make her Xena."