Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I'm looking for various X-Men quotes that deal with character, motivation or...

...education. I want to make my classroom X-Men-themed next year and I need a little help. My plan is to have various issues and character quotes around the room. I have grades Pre-k through sixth grade throughout the day. You can't find any X-Men-related classroom decor anywhere, just Avengers and Spider-man.

If possible I'd like the date, issue, and character. Feel free to ignore me or delete this if it's inappropriate for this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    ...education. I want to make my classroom X-Men-themed next year and I need a little help. My plan is to have various issues and character quotes around the room. I have grades Pre-k through sixth grade throughout the day. You can't find any X-Men-related classroom decor anywhere, just Avengers and Spider-man.

If possible I'd like the date, issue, and character. Feel free to ignore me or delete this if it's inappropriate for this forum.
    I like the idea, and I'm pretty sure Xavier at least had some things to say.
    I would joke by quoting Frost's monologue at the beginning of Whedon's Astonishing, but Gen X's Frost probably had some good lines too.

Stay in school, kids. Get your Juris Doctor like Cable…

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Is this what you have in mind? Uncanny X-Men (5th series) #13:

(I'm thinking of Cyclops's words; Magik's response is a bit more problematic, IMHO.)
    Last edited by Anodyne; 12-15-2022 at 03:25 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

1bd7d282b56f3377ac43c75d272ad02d.jpg

Ooops I forgot! Uncanny X-men vol 1. #246 July 1989
    Last edited by xfire2k13; 12-15-2022 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Is this what you have in mind? Uncanny X-Men (5th series) #13:

https://uncannyxmen.net/sites/defaul...cyclops130.jpg

(I'm thinking of Cyclops's words; Magik's response is a bit more problematic, IMHO.)
    That's exactly what I'm looking for, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

I love that Scott, hank, and Bobby are teaching wholesome Moral lessons but Wolverine is teaching them the stuff they will use in the real world
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I do not know if this is absolutely correct. My online research has gone a little arry, but there is this one where Jean Grey states to Emma Frost, “Visions come to prepared spirits.

Looking for where this quote came from, I came across that it may have came from someone named Freidrich August Kekule, who was studying the bonds of atoms. I am not certain the absolute accuracy of this info, but the quote is pretty light and could be good use for prepping for tests. Most of Jean Grey’s quotes are a bit heavy-handed about the meaning of life and death (inspiring still, but probably not for an elementary school class).

If you are thinking of using the image, you may run into an issue with Jean Grey’s nakedness. I personally think from the perspectives of “If you can show children naked Greek statues on field trips, then a blurred picture should be fine”, but some people are not comfortable with that. If it’s just copying the quotes though, then that’s one you can use. It’s from Uncanny X-Men vol 1 #510.

Ironically, some of the best advice given is rather obvious, but useful for older kids learning more about the nuances of life, but aren’t quite grown up enough yet to fully realize the consequences of their actions.

The quoted is from the Cosmic Entity Death, soif you cut out who Death is and just call him “a cosmic being” or something like that, then you could use these quotes from Classic X-Men #43.

Last edited by PyroFN; 12-15-2022 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    That Storm quote is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post

Not much help with dates but just wanted to say this is cool. My fifth grade art teacher drew a mural on the wall of the x-men from tas. and use to take us to the comic shop sometimes for saturday afterschool program field trip. lots of fun. i will never forgot his gleeful hate of animated jubilee. lmao.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Love Carey's Angry Rogue.

Hope she get a "XMEN LEGENDS" arc.

2689009-screen_shot_2012_11_06_at_2.49.14_pm.jpg

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

X-Men #303

I can think of some others too, but it has more text around the main message. I think this one works better for your project. :)

The Cyclops line about not calling it “plan B” because that suggests he only has 26 plans.

Thanks everyone, a lot of good stuff here.