Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of wondering about the unlockable suit options for this one-Carnage, Agent Venom, Anti-Venom, Life Foundation, Raimi black costume perhaps?
    I didn't consider that part. Might depend on how long you actually wear the suit for. He might not wear it very long in which case I'd be surprised if they did many for that form. Only if he wears it longer.

It looks amazing.

Ahhh it’s nice to be excited for Spider-Man again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Anyone else planning a replay of the first game sometime soon? I'm thinking just a little before 2 comes out. Gonna go New Game + so I can start with all the costumes unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Because they always make video games into trilogies, this will be the dark part of the story.

It's amazing how influential that 90s cartoon was to the Venom mythos. Though we don't know the origin, it definitely looks like we're going pretty similar here. Black Suit makes him more aggressive, less caring, more angry. Will spill out into his personal life and cause him and MJ to break up with him again before the end, I'd guess. This annoys me more than it should due to current comic problems, lol.

Big deal is it looks like we're getting more of New York than just Manhattan. That's pretty neat. Looking forward to it.

Seems like we're kinda going Yakuza style with regards to the multiple protagonists. That is, I expect we'll be switching back and forth based on Chapter of the story and play as both in set pieces like this one. That's fine I guess, though as an OG fan I never actually need Miles.

That said I suspect Miles is going to be super important to solving the Venom problem here.

Since Venom was teased at the announcement, I would say he's the final Boss. Black Suit Peter through the middle part of the game, back to normal a little before the end after the damage to his life has been done, then last bit will be Spider-Men vs. Venom. That's fine.

Also references Harry being sick and needing to cure him. So GG will be created in this one is my guess, even though he won't actually be the main villain until the next one.

First game was my top game of 2018 so I am super pumped for this one, even though....other titles....mean I'd be surprised if came even close this year. Just a much stronger video game year.

Only slightly concerning thing is the lack of a hard date. Fall means Sept-Nov whish is 4-6 months away. Kinda feels like they should have a date.
    I don't see them breaking up Peter and MJ again after they got back together in the last game. If anything MJ will try and help Miles get the suit off.

I'm kind of feeling like Miles is getting promoted a little more here...I don't think they'll actually slight Peter, obviously he's got the Black Suit, but Miles felt like he was more in the protagonist role although at times he did feel like the supporting partner to Peter's main hero. It's a weird dichotomy here when they both should be equal protagonists but get stuck together. Also it's just funny to me that they're going around with the same codename and all the weirdness that brings.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’m surprised we are starting the game with Peter already having it. Kinda figured it’d be something we’d acquire during the intro mission.

Looks amazing!

I don't care about Miles, I just want to play as Peter again. Insomniac's black suit looks great.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I’m surprised we are starting the game with Peter already having it. Kinda figured it’d be something we’d acquire during the intro mission.
    Are we though? Did they confirm that somewhere? I had the feeling the trailer was edited with footage from a mid-game mission, just to show off most of the new gameplay mechanics

Anyway, can't wait to play as my main man Miles. Would have been cool if he had his own spell with the black suit just to see what he'd be like wearing it. I'm 300% wearing the ATSV suit at all times. I'm betting he shock blasts the symbiote off of peter at some point.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Are we though? Did they confirm that somewhere? I had the feeling the trailer was edited with footage from a mid-game mission, just to show off most of the new gameplay mechanics

Anyway, can't wait to play as my main man Miles. Would have been cool if he had his own spell with the black suit just to see what he'd be like wearing it. I'm 300% wearing the ATSV suit at all times. I'm betting he shock blasts the symbiote off of peter at some point.
    They mentioned Conners is needed because Harry is sick. So it's after the game started so it looks like Peter and MJ did meet up with Harry they find out he's sick so it's during this meeting it sounds like when he gets a piece of the symbiote

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    They mentioned Conners is needed because Harry is sick. So it's after the game started so it looks like Peter and MJ did meet up with Harry they find out he's sick so it's during this meeting it sounds like when he gets a piece of the symbiote
    Yeah, i know they had the ''One Month Later'' bumper at the start of the gameplay section but that just seemed to me like an edited cold open to some specific story mission, not in fact the start of the game where we first see the gang. Who knows, might be a flash forward but i doubt it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Yeah, i know they had the ''One Month Later'' bumper at the start of the gameplay section but that just seemed to me like an edited cold open to some specific story mission, not in fact the start of the game where we first see the gang. Who knows, might be a flash forward but i doubt it.
    Yeah, no. I very much doubt that they're going to start the game with Peter having the symbiote. We probably won't play the entire six months between Kraven's jungle scene and the Lizard chase. But there'll absolutely be more stuff between those two bits.

Just like the first game didn't open with the stealth mission against a demon hide out even though that was the first gameplay we got.

This does make me wonder though how much we'll play as Peter in his regular Spidey suit and how much we'll play as him with the symbiote. Not to mention how they'll handle the different upgrades for both suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, no. I very much doubt that they're going to start the game with Peter having the symbiote. We probably won't play the entire six months between Kraven's jungle scene and the Lizard chase. But there'll absolutely be more stuff between those two bits.

Just like the first game didn't open with the stealth mission against a demon hide out even though that was the first gameplay we got.

This does make me wonder though how much we'll play as Peter in his regular Spidey suit and how much we'll play as him with the symbiote. Not to mention how they'll handle the different upgrades for both suits.
    I think the metal spider legs from the initial trailer will probably be there to make up for when you lose the symbiote.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the metal spider legs from the initial trailer will probably be there to make up for when you lose the symbiote.
    Dead on. I think that's the path as well. Classic Spidey into black suit into Spider legs I am a little bummed cause I don't like the spider arms but it is what it is.

I think this looks good. The black suit looks acceptable. I was worried because I honestly don't like the advanced suit at all. It's a little over designed and busy but nothing that makes me go "ugh". It actually reminds me a lot of a Metal Gear Cyborg Ninja or a Guyver.

Switching between Miles and Peter looks good. Kraven looks good. Gameplay and graphics look right.

I hope the open world is a little more interesting. Would love random supervillain crimes you gotta deal with in addition to the regular crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ahhh it’s nice to be excited for Spider-Man again.
    Game and movie arriving right when we needed them.

Amazing Member

Looks good. Just hoping they skip the repetitive stuff like the Taskmaster and Screwball-challenges from the first game.