Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by A Maze Thing View Post
    Looks good. Just hoping they skip the repetitive stuff like the Taskmaster and Screwball-challenges from the first game.
    I enjoyed the challenges myself and they were optional so I am down for them to return.

I hope we get more chases/races. For my money the best boss fight in the original game was the Shocker sequence. This Lizard chase looked great too.

Taskmaster looks like he's back at least.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Are we though? Did they confirm that somewhere? I had the feeling the trailer was edited with footage from a mid-game mission, just to show off most of the new gameplay mechanics

Anyway, can't wait to play as my main man Miles. Would have been cool if he had his own spell with the black suit just to see what he'd be like wearing it. I'm 300% wearing the ATSV suit at all times. I'm betting he shock blasts the symbiote off of peter at some point.
    Perhaps I’m remembering it wrong but wasn’t the initial game play footage for the first game of the opening Kingpin mission? Just kinda figuring it’s the opening mission. Plus the key toggle buttons gave me “opening mission” vibes.

But it’s been awhile since I played the first game so perhaps I’m just remembering things wrong.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Perhaps I’m remembering it wrong but wasn’t the initial game play footage for the first game of the opening Kingpin mission? Just kinda figuring it’s the opening mission. Plus the key toggle buttons gave me “opening mission” vibes.

But it’s been awhile since I played the first game so perhaps I’m just remembering things wrong.
    It wasn't. The mission shown in the gameplay reveal for the first game was from a mission after Kingpin had been tossed in jail. So a bit into the story.

Given the scenario presented I think the same applies here.

BANNED

Really interesting to see Peter in the black suit. I just kinda assumed we were skipping the black suit story since all the early marketing made it look like Venom was already a fully formed threat at the start of the game. So it's gonna be really cool playing as a suped up Peter in the symbiote suit. Also curious if Peter may know the suit is sentient or not because, you know, all the big tentacles and stuff he's hitting people with. It's not like in the comics when it just acted as a suit and had it's own supply of webbing. Here it's pretty clear there's more to the suit than it just being a cool variant outfit.

I also love the idea of switching from Peter to Miles mid-mission. Very cool idea to incorporate both Spideys in a way that doesn't just feel like Miles is Player 2.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    Really interesting to see Peter in the black suit. I just kinda assumed we were skipping the black suit story since all the early marketing made it look like Venom was already a fully formed threat at the start of the game. So it's gonna be really cool playing as a suped up Peter in the symbiote suit. Also curious if Peter may know the suit is sentient or not because, you know, all the big tentacles and stuff he's hitting people with. It's not like in the comics when it just acted as a suit and had it's own supply of webbing. Here it's pretty clear there's more to the suit than it just being a cool variant outfit.

I also love the idea of switching from Peter to Miles mid-mission. Very cool idea to incorporate both Spideys in a way that doesn't just feel like Miles is Player 2.
    I like Kraven having his own hunting group, complete with mechanical attack dogs... hope they incorporate that more into the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I like Kraven having his own hunting group, complete with mechanical attack dogs... hope they incorporate that more into the comics.
    Agreed that is an awesome addition. Great way to add a new series of goons for us to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I dunno, that just seems excessive to me. Kraven usually feels like more of a solo act for me.

Actually most Spidey villains aren't really the Henchman type outside the crime bosses.

I get why it works for the games though.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Are we though? Did they confirm that somewhere? I had the feeling the trailer was edited with footage from a mid-game mission, just to show off most of the new gameplay mechanics

Anyway, can't wait to play as my main man Miles. Would have been cool if he had his own spell with the black suit just to see what he'd be like wearing it. I'm 300% wearing the ATSV suit at all times. I'm betting he shock blasts the symbiote off of peter at some point.
    Something like this?

Venom_Miles_Morales_Dark_Ages.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Dead on. I think that's the path as well. Classic Spidey into black suit into Spider legs I am a little bummed cause I don't like the spider arms but it is what it is.

I think this looks good. The black suit looks acceptable. I was worried because I honestly don't like the advanced suit at all. It's a little over designed and busy but nothing that makes me go "ugh". It actually reminds me a lot of a Metal Gear Cyborg Ninja or a Guyver.

Switching between Miles and Peter looks good. Kraven looks good. Gameplay and graphics look right.

I hope the open world is a little more interesting. Would love random supervillain crimes you gotta deal with in addition to the regular crimes.
    Considering the Guyver is also an alien suit that forms a biological symbiotic connection with its wearer, I could definitely see that comparison. And Spider-Man as a Metal Gear-like cyborg ninja would be awesome for a more futuristic motif.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Something like this?

Venom_Miles_Morales_Dark_Ages.jpg

Considering the Guyver is also an alien suit that forms a biological symbiotic connection with its wearer, I could definitely see that comparison. And Spider-Man as a Metal Gear-like cyborg ninja would be awesome for a more futuristic motif.
    It's the mixture of parts that look like padding/armor with the parts that look like oozing goo that really give it the Guyver vibe.

It's the mixture of parts that look like padding/armor with the parts that look like oozing goo that really give it the Guyver vibe.
    Oh, yeah . . . kind of creepy, but still cool.

Mighty Member

- Okay that gameplay looks (for lack of a better word) amazing. Looks like they're really trying to outdo the first one.

- Kraven looks bad ass. So cool to see a "live action" portrayal after all this time.

- Definitely getting Christopher Daniel Barnes yelling at shocker vibes from Peter's voice acting. And I love it.

- I guess we'll be getting Miles vs. Peter with the symbiote which is a fun twist on the symbiote story for a video game.

- Please don't break up Pete and MJ after they just got back together. I like the idea of MJ teaming up with Miles and Ganke to get the suit off.

- So Kraven, Lizard, and Venom have been marketed, but who's the real big bad. My guess is the final act will reveal Norman as the Green Goblin.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 05-25-2023 at 03:25 PM.

Fantastic Member

Funny how Avi Arad has been One of the most influential people involved with Venom. Period.

I believe he was involved with the story choices made for the animated series which has served as the basis for venom's origin in Spider-Man 3, Venom. And also I believe was the originator for the concept that the symbiote was an inherently corrupting influence

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    - Okay that gameplay looks (for lack of a better word) amazing. Looks like they're really trying to outdo the first one.

- Kraven looks bad ass. So cool to see a "live action" portrayal after all this time.

- Definitely getting Christopher Daniel Barnes yelling at shocker vibes from Peter's voice acting. And I love it.

- I guess we'll be getting Miles vs. Peter with the symbiote which is a fun twist on the symbiote story for a video game.

- Please don't break up Pete and MJ after they just got back together. I like the idea of MJ teaming up with Miles and Ganke to get the suit off.

- So Kraven, Lizard, and Venom have been marketed, but who's the real big bad. My guess is the final act will reveal Norman as the Green Goblin.
    I think Venom's going to be the Final Boss and whatever happens with Harry sets up Green Goblin for the third game.

Funny how Avi Arad has been One of the most influential people involved with Venom. Period.

I believe he was involved with the story choices made for the animated series which has served as the basis for venom's origin in Spider-Man 3, Venom. And also I believe was the originator for the concept that the symbiote was an inherently corrupting influence
    Yeah, he and Stan Lee were both executive producers on the 90s animated series.